Users who are viewing this thread

See now this is kind of ridiculous lmao. I understand people wanting auto block but refunding the entire game because of it? That's entitlement.
Um. Nope. Voting with my wallet. Auto block was the default setting for Warband and the default setting for Mount and Blade before that. I was silly enough to assume that it would still exist in some form. Not interested in the game until it does. Wont play it without it so there's no point in me owning the game 'till it exists.

So it seems that TW rep is advocating to "git gud" as well on Steam.
Game is refunded, thank you guys who supported the request to get the basic feature back that made game playable for me for 8 years, but this franchise is over for me.
See you in Cyberpunk.

Seriously? Well, I'm nope-ing out then. If TW wants to broom the majority of their playerbase in favor of the tryhards, let's see how well that works out for them.

I like the challenge of manual blocking even in SP, but I'm not some sweaty try hard that will force my way of playing on others. It is a missing feature from the older games that should be added

noobs lmao

Been playing Mount & Blade for 15 years now, ever since beta releases on their old ass website.

I don't enjoy manual blocking, auto-directional blocking has been a feature in EVERY iteration of Mount & Blade prior to this, I think it's acceptable to expect that feature. It would be like removing fast travel from the Elder Scrolls and people defending that decision because only filthy casuals don't want to run everywhere on foot.

This feature would NOT detract from your gameplay in any way whatsoever.

They haven't said they weren't going to add auto block. Those other posters are in hysterics because a TW rep responded to a Steam review telling the review that they game has difficulty settings he can change if he is struggling. Nowhere is auto-block mentioned.

fiqddg8n2tp41.jpg

Add in that they are not answering this when it should be a VERY straight forward response ("No, we're not adding auto-directional block for single player" or "Yes, it's on the roadmap") when the only real arguments against this feature are "lol git gud" from the community is concerning.

It would be trivial to say it's in planning. The only thing I can think of is that it was initially not planned to be added, but now they're hesitating because of the number of steam reviews mentioning it, comments in steam threads, and discussions here. I hope, anyway.

It's been less than 2 days dude. You're not the center of the universe, they will get around to responding to everything. You're being very childish.

fiqddg8n2tp41.jpg

Add in that they are not answering this when it should be a VERY straight forward response ("No, we're not adding auto-directional block for single player" or "Yes, it's on the roadmap") when the only real arguments against this feature are "lol git gud" from the community is concerning.

It would be trivial to say it's in planning. The only thing I can think of is that it was initially not planned to be added, but now they're hesitating because of the number of steam reviews mentioning it, comments in steam threads, and discussions here. I hope, anyway.

Yeah that's not a git gud response, they simply gave them a suggestion for the tools they have available now to use, which is helpful (looking at you fun-dictators). I'm sure with the amount of attention this has gotten there will, at the very least I think, be a response.

It fisrt I was "Wait? No auto block? But it's hard..." and then, I learn and improve..

I played Warband for age without even trying...Now I'm happy to play without. The impossibility to play with it make my try it, so it's good...How long does people who voted down tried before giving up?

It fisrt I was "Wait? No auto block? But it's hard..." and then, I learn and improve..

I played Warband for age without even trying...Now I'm happy to play without. The impossibility to play with it make my try it, so it's good...How long does people who voted down tried before giving up?

Have you thought about people with physical disabilities? Or people who are aging and don't have solid reflexes (that starts to happen to most people in their 30's and gets progressively worse)? Or just that it's *not fun* for some people, and that's is a game whose series has had this feature for 15+ years?

This isn't an unreasonable request, it's an expected feature after being here for so long (and I never even guessed it wouldn't be here now!). This isn't asking for some new insane thing, it's just asking for what we've always had.

And turning the difficulty down (1/3rd damage etc) isn't the option, because that applies to your entire army - I don't want my army to roll over superior forces just because I personally suck at blocking.

10 pages in and there are still people who can't read. Amazing.

Some people have legit medical issues that make manual blocking very, very difficult. Take your e-peen elsewhere.

What about blind people? When will TW implement braille and a narrator to tell me what's going on while playing?

Back
Top Bottom