A 90-employee studio with ONE actively-maintained product is releasing only ONE THREE-LINE bug fix patch per week. Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm genuinely curious how slow would they have to go before you also lost patience. I'm asking because posts like yours were the norm in the first month, now you see them less and less.
Just as those who have worked retail or service before are more tolerant and understanding of others who are working it, we programmers are more understanding of each other. Until I see something that seems terribly erroneous, I have not reason to be critical, and right now, I see nothing wrong with the rate of the patches, the amount of communication, and what gets released to us. In fact, I am surprised at how much communication we are getting, because so many companies don't communicate at all or at least communicated very little about works in progress and stages of development. I have already put in as many entertaining hours as I feel justifies the price I spent for EA, and the game is only going to improve from here.

Its in EARLY ACCESS! I have tried many early access games and betas and I know that this is going way better than other games like Cube World and many others. They have done a great job with Warband with many updates. Show the devs support.
Someone get the rope, I found another one.

Just as those who have worked retail or service before are more tolerant and understanding of others who are working it, we programmers are more understanding of each other. Until I see something that seems terribly erroneous, I have not reason to be critical, and right now, I see nothing wrong with the rate of the patches, the amount of communication, and what gets released to us. In fact, I am surprised at how much communication we are getting, because so many companies don't communicate at all or at least communicated very little about works in progress and stages of development. I have already put in as many entertaining hours as I feel justifies the price I spent for EA, and the game is only going to improve from here.

I've worked retail and services but if i took a week to scan a can of pea's...... When will you realize its just duck_tales carrying all the weight?

I agree with everything except for communication. For example, the recent news update mentioned a code refactor going on. Would it have killed them to tell us that earlier? They have also been terrible at telling us what areas of the game they are focusing on, which would have helped us be more efficient with testing. They also seem to be very disorganized overall, but I guess it is how it is.

I've worked retail and services but if i took a week to scan a can of pea's...... When will you realize its just duck_tales carrying all the weight?

Except that they are not scanning a can of peas and the process is more complex than you realize. Complaining because patches are too slow is similar to corporate wanting you to do a full inventory count overnight and then being mad at you if the store is not sparkling clean in the morning.

We accessed too early in the early access.
It's actually nice the outrage. Least I'm not alone in thinking this whole situation is ridiculous.

It's actually nice the outrage. Least I'm not alone in thinking this whole situation is ridiculous.

Its ridiculous that you name implies you are all about full release.

I'm prepaid and waiting for a few updates before jumping back in. Seems like people like punishment playing a game they dislike

You aren't alone anymore... the early optimism seems to have faded.

When the fans lose faith, its bad for future business. You can blame the community all you want for being impatient or expecting too much from EA.... but that's the customer base, if TW has any intentions of making more money from them in the future, keep them happy.

I agree with everything except for communication. For example, the recent news update mentioned a code refactor going on. Would it have killed them to tell us that earlier? They have also been terrible at telling us what areas of the game they are focusing on, which would have helped us be more efficient with testing. They also seem to be very disorganized overall, but I guess it is how it is.

Except that they are not scanning a can of peas and the process is more complex than you realize. Complaining because patches are too slow is similar to corporate wanting you to do a full inventory count overnight and then being mad at you if the store is not sparkling clean in the morning.
You missed the point afro ninja... Complaining about the content speed is more akin to a corporation wanting you to make 20 cars overnight and then get happy that you finished the design for the car seat in the morning.

Programming isn't a magical or an unattainable feat. It requires effort just like scanning a can of peas. If you have no effort then nothing gets done.

Its ridiculous that you name implies you are all about full release.

I'm prepaid and waiting for a few updates before jumping back in. Seems like people like punishment playing a game they dislike
I paid someone to build me a house and im just glad they created a foundation! So what if it takes them a year to put up the framing!

I paid someone to build me a house and im just glad they created a foundation! So what if it takes them a year to put up the framing!

Im just dropping by to see if anything has changed. Quit playing a few weeks ago because the game is empty for me. Once a few things get fixed Im playing again. Still the same complainers. Im thankful for the constructive criticisms, but whining is as empty as this game.

You missed the point afro ninja... Complaining about the content speed is more akin to a corporation wanting you to make 20 cars overnight and then get happy that you finished the design for the car seat in the morning.

Programming isn't a magical or an unattainable feat. It requires effort just like scanning a can of peas. If you have no effort then nothing gets done.

I get the afro but why ninja? :smile: Anyway I didn't say unattainable, I said complex. They weren't able to deliver a finished product in 8 years, what made you think that they would be able to make up for that in less than three months? Be patient, let them work, and let's see what happens.

Or, you know, don't, and keep raging on the forum about it. I don't see what good that does but hey it's your blood pressure.

Back
Top Bottom