Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

This could be a good idea but 2 things to consider.
1 For the Devs: Currently the Player faction CANNOT attempt to recruit neutral or unaligned Clans, so having neutral/rouge clans persist is a step backwards and waiting for them to join another faction just to attempt to recruit them is silly.
2 For players: Making your own clans from wanderers is more then enough and you are only limited by your speed in taking fiefs and gaining 500 influence. Often you will not find enough wanderers to even keep up with your expansion. Taking a break from sieges to go looking for a neutral lord would be loss in progress, while an entire batch of clans being removed from the game when deprived of fiefs/faction is huge swing in your favor. In short, the clans being removed is much more of an advantage then possible future recruits.

A good idea if they keep the clans around would be to have them ask to join the player faction or go to the players court, like in warband.
Well, first of all, they should release the patch.

This could be a good idea but 2 things to consider.
1 For the Devs: Currently the Player faction CANNOT attempt to recruit neutral or unaligned Clans, so having neutral/rouge clans persist is a step backwards and waiting for them to join another faction just to attempt to recruit them is silly.
2 For players: Making your own clans from wanderers is more then enough and you are only limited by your speed in taking fiefs and gaining 500 influence. Often you will not find enough wanderers to even keep up with your expansion. Taking a break from sieges to go looking for a neutral lord would be loss in progress, while an entire batch of clans being removed from the game when deprived of fiefs/faction is huge swing in your favor. In short, the clans being removed is much more of an advantage then possible future recruits.

A good idea if they keep the clans around would be to have them ask to join the player faction or go to the players court, like in warband.

Yes, I like your idea of clan refugees joining other kingdoms! PS. Also a lot of people will be sad when Ragnea just dies. :smile:

Your impatience makes your requests truly grotesque ! What use will it be for you to have the technical explanation of each problem ? You wouldn't understand anything about it, not to mention totally personal reasons that don't concern us (absences or individual errors), false good news where the correction of a bug imposes other changes elsewhere, and of course all the time wasted unnecessarily wanting explain it.

For the duration, if it was so easy, everyone would have coded their Bannerlord, so respect and wait. Even the big ones don't bother anymore with AI, so much more complicated to code for so few thanks (the proof).

For communication, TW wanted to be honest in the past and took it even more seriously, because some features more complex than expected had to be canceled or postponed. Henceforth the community has the communication that it itself caused, only certainties.

For the "empty game" theory, not much to say... 30 hours of play minimum for 50 euros (20 euros on sale)... If that's empty, then 80% of your library is, especially on consoles...

Your impatience makes your requests truly grotesque ! What use will it be for you to have the technical explanation of each problem ? You wouldn't understand anything about it, not to mention totally personal reasons that don't concern us (absences or individual errors), false good news where the correction of a bug imposes other changes elsewhere, and of course all the time wasted unnecessarily wanting explain it.

For the duration, if it was so easy, everyone would have coded their Bannerlord, so respect and wait. Even the big ones don't bother anymore with AI, so much more complicated to code for so few thanks (the proof).

For communication, TW wanted to be honest in the past and took it even more seriously, because some features more complex than expected had to be canceled or postponed. Henceforth the community has the communication that it itself caused, only certainties.

For the "empty game" theory, not much to say... 30 hours of play minimum for 50 euros (20 euros on sale)... If that's empty, then 80% of your library is, especially on consoles...
Are you talking to me? My point was that I don’t mind if they take a long time, I would just like them to be more transparent.

Also, it is irrelevant if I do not understand why they are taking the amount of time they are taking, someone will, or I can google it. I’m really not trying to be a mean person, but I suppose you are being mean, calling me ‘grotesque’?.

I made the comparison earlier with EA, I would never ask these question of EA because of the established dynamic between consumer and developer. What TW has done is tease us with a close connection and then not followed through with it.

What do I have to respect? Do you respect Coca Cola when you drink one of their fizzy drinks? That is just such an odd comment. I like BL and I am glad TW made the game. As for respect, being progressive and open and honest with consumers, that would be something I would respect massively. Respect is earned not given.

Ahhh, you speak for Taleworlds. Good to know you are their new community rep!

BTW, speaking on others' behalf (as if you are that entity - even when you have nothing to do with them), is in its own way, 'grotesque'.

Thank you. Without the intention to get against any individial position of the community, I still totally share this perspective.
Even further I personally do respect the work of TW and I do think the geame improves further and further.

Thank you. Without the intention to get against any individial position of the community, I still totally share this perspective.
Even further I personally do respect the work of TW and I do think the geame improves further and further.
Thats fair enough but if TW said, ‘ hey guys, we can give you more detailed updates and let you in on what we are doing and how we are progressing to the beta update going live’. I struggle to believe you would say, ‘no thanks, please don’t give me information I don’t want it.

If you would say ‘I don’t want information please don’t update me TW’, then you are right in saying you agree with Megafun. If you would say, ‘oh thanks TW thats a nice bonus’, then you are somewhere in between me and megafun, more aligned with me really.

You want information of course you do, but you just want to be nice and respectful to TW, which is admirable. I am only writing here because it is a forum designed for questions and queries, not a forum just to say ‘Im grateful TW thank you and do whatever you want and if you decide to give us information we will be grateful’.

Of course I am appreciative of any information given by TW but it goes back to the old adage, ‘If you don’t ask you don’t get’. Simple as that.

Please guys, give us at least this fix:
"Fixed a bug that caused the Siege UI texts not to refresh when an allied army leader joined the siege."

I lost two saves because of a bugged army that can't start a siege on single player campaign. So frustrating. I can't play the game o Xbox App (PC/Xbox Game Pass).

Hello, I bought the game a month ago on Steam yet I still play the 1.1.5 version... Have I misunderstood something ? I thought that updates were automatical...

You need to actively opt-in to the beta to play in version 1.2.x. on Steam. On Steam, go to your library, right-click on Bannerlord and then click properties. Choose the "Betas" section on the left. Click on the "Beta Participation" section and scroll down to the bottom. v1.2.0 is the one you want to choose. After that, close the window and the game should start updating to the beta version.

You need to actively opt-in to the beta to play in version 1.2.x. on Steam. On Steam, go to your library, right-click on Bannerlord and then click properties. Choose the "Betas" section on the left. Click on the "Beta Participation" section and scroll down to the bottom. v1.2.0 is the one you want to choose. After that, close the window and the game should start updating to the beta version.
OMG thank you so much, you're a life saver (yes, I'm a little bit of a drama queen... Thank you nonetheless...)

Trying to keep this thread alive in the vain hope that a TW representative will address here the obvious outcry across all channels (Reddit, Twitter, Etc) about 1.2 going live is hard work, but someone’s gotta do it. XD. I have literally learned how to use a forum for this one issue for the first time in my entire life. Never before have I felt the need. I am very much technologically illiterate.

Can we add an Offical CO-OP ? lol hear the community they been begging sence mount and blade.
This should be introduced. Even some mods considered official. Certainly, modders would like to contribute to the game (by the way, small financial earnings)

Co-op should be introduced to the campaign even as a paid add-on. People would certainly support such an idea.
Time should be stopped with a limit of a minute or two where there is an automatic restart. Time should fly all the time in slow motion (acceleration only with the consent of the other player). The difficulty level is slightly higher, of course, because a possible alliance of 2 players would be stronger.
When two players are in cities or inventory time automatically pauses indefinitely.

(and this editor so that you can create an additional culture or possibly a wife or brother)

Back
Top Bottom