Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone having issues with CTD whilst entering a tournament? This wasn't an issue on older patch but after getting 1.2.2 Beta and fresh new campaign most of the time i get CTD's on entering tournaments (right after clicking the button for entering tournament).

The problem here is not the good ideas, but rather the ignorance of the profession of developer (I am a salaried web developer).

Some modders code a little, but they don't have the same constraints at all (planning, management, procedures) and generally focus on a single subject.

Crusader Kings is 19 years old, Total War is 23 years old, Mount and Blade is 15 years old, you can't ask Bannerlord to contain all the expertise... His credo is medieval battles, "diplomacy", more precisely the relationship system, just serves to fuel new wars.

I find it normal to ask and to hope, what I find not normal is people who criticize, even though the updates are free. Bugs are normal for a code with so many mechanics and branches.

I find it normal to ask and to hope, what I find not normal is people who criticize, even though the updates are free. Bugs are normal for a code with so many mechanics and branches.
I think I understand whre you're coming from... And i kinda agree. I disagree that the updates were free.. they were paid when the game is bought.
But some people are just tired I guess. Yes, game development is hard and not everything got to make out the cutting floor...
For me, bugs never were the problem. Take Cyberpunk for instance, even without bugs, the game is nothing more than an FPS action adventure on rails. and I don't even say it's a bad thing per se, its just that wasn't what were promised.
I think Bannerlord is coming along, the last update was good, eventually the pieces will fall into place and the game will reach it's peak (though not everybody will agree to this)

The problem here is not the good ideas, but rather the ignorance of the profession of developer (I am a salaried web developer).

Some modders code a little, but they don't have the same constraints at all (planning, management, procedures) and generally focus on a single subject.

Crusader Kings is 19 years old, Total War is 23 years old, Mount and Blade is 15 years old, you can't ask Bannerlord to contain all the expertise... His credo is medieval battles, "diplomacy", more precisely the relationship system, just serves to fuel new wars.

:rolleyes:
First, the argument you're making has already been shot down and has been proven over and over to be wrong. Some modders do code with constraints and take into consider everything else. Can't ask bannerlord to contain all the expertise? Well, some modders with less than 15 years experience somehow have a lot if not all the expertise. You don't find it normal for people to criticize. Did you just want us to shove down our throats whatever is given to us? Updates are not free. They're part of what was already supposed to be the actual product. I bet you wouldn't like it if you bought a brand new home with unfinished floors, basement, and garage and was told that they'll complete them as time went on. Only to find them sending you a letter asking you why you are criticizing their work when the floors, basement, and garage are free. Bugs are not normal for good code. How can one code change another code that totally isn't related. How come the same bugs reappear over and over again. Finally, I'm not impressed with people's backgrounds and the so called "experts" and "professionals." The "experts" and "professionals" in the US that are in economics, politics, medical, etc have destroyed the country. Even when just talking about co-workers that are in professional positions, I'm not impressed. I have worked with (and I'm sure many here as well) many people who don't qualify for their job. So I'm not impressed with "a salaried web developer." I have worked with PhD scientists in the chemical engineering field and I have beat them stupid and defeated them at the corporate competition. My former coworkers who only had a high school diploma have developed new polymers and made technological advancements. All the while the PhD scientists just look at the notes and claim "that's not going to work" without even trying it. I have worked with plenty of incompetent engineers, IT, and medical people before. Not impressed. Remember, the doctor takes down notes about your symptoms and does a search on WebMD and give you a print out and administers OTC. :rolleyes:

So i've been running into this issue in the beta. When smithing in free build and creating a weapon it ask you to change the name of the weapon so that it doesn't start or end with a space. Then after i free-builded the weapon if i try to complete an order the button to accept the delivery is grayed out and says i need to rename the weapon but since in orders you cant change the name of the weapon i am stuck on that screen and the only way to exit is alt f4. Don't know if that's an issue but language of the game is italian

When will this update come to console? I heard it takes about a month but I’m starting to slowly get impatient lol

Save yourself some headache: the consoles will never get a Beta, so once 1.2 is out in the main release branch, it will be pushed to consoles very soon after.

1.2.2 beta is, from what I've seen, not going to be the last version on the beta branch.
So how long does the beta last for and I actually see it all come to console?

Whenever it is ready to be pushed to consoles. There is no time limit.
I know you probably hate console users, but I think it is completely fair enough for them to wonder when they might get this update. I don’t think it is something to be dismissive or mean about. Presumably, there have been updates on consoles in the past, that came after the pc beta. I have only owned Bannerlord on console for a month so I wouldn’t know. However, if the usual wait time is ‘around’ a month after pc beta, maybe that is a more helpful answer.

I know you probably hate console users, but I think it is completely fair enough for them to wonder when they might get this update. I don’t think it is something to be dismissive or mean about. Presumably, there have been updates on consoles in the past, that came after the pc beta. I have only owned Bannerlord on console for a month so I wouldn’t know. However, if the usual wait time is ‘around’ a month after pc beta, maybe that is a more helpful answer.
TBF, this is not a PC vs console 'too bad, so sad'. It's TW; it's been this way for 3+ years, you're just joining us now. None of us know when an update is expected; whether you're on PC or console, during the EA beta, beta of the beta, beta-official release - TW probably doesn't know until that day of. We only know of it with the patch notes themselves that always come unannounced.
Could be this Thursday, next week, next month, in a couple months...

Last edited:
TBF, this is not a PC vs console 'too bad, so sad'. It's TW; it's been this way for 3+ years, you're just joining us now. None of us know when an update is expected; whether you're on PC or console, during the EA beta, beta of the beta, beta-official release - TW probably doesn't know until that day of. We only know of it with the patch notes themselves that always come unannounced.
Could be this Thursday, next week, next month, in a couple months...
Yeah that is all completely fair enough. If you have the information to hand, with previous updates, what has the pc beta to console update lag time typically been? A month? Two months? Maybe one was 3 weeks, one was 10 days and one was 6 weeks. This is more of the type of information I am looking for. I know previous lag times do not dictate current lag times but they do give some context at least. For instance, if the longest wait in the past was 1 month, it is facetious to say, ‘could be 6 months’ for the next one.

Back
Top Bottom