Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

@Terco_Viejo what I'm seeing is hope?

1*C0wc8VFoF1jsjHNRUqje3g.gif

I want to reinforce a desire not just mine, but that of almost the entire fan community:
Please, make the minor factions playable! (Being able to join them and even to become the leader).
That way we can be rebels, bandits or mercenaries. Many more gameplay and immersion options... Any hope of that happening!?

I want to reinforce a desire not just mine, but that of almost the entire fan community:
Please, make the minor factions playable! (Being able to join them and even to become the leader).
That way we can be rebels, bandits or mercenaries. Many more gameplay and immersion options... Any hope of that happening!?
I agree with this. Though it is really difficult to make it as a bandit.

It should be save compatible, yes.
I think the game saves from Patch 1.6.4 are not compatible with beta 1.7.0.
I am having several crashes since I loaded saves from previous version. I am sending the reports as they come.
I also just switched back to 1.6.4, but game would not start and running the integrity check right now.

Edit: went back to version 1.6.4, not 1.6.5

Last edited:
Please, can someone at TW tell the environment artists to tone down the little hills on the battle maps. Hate having to fight in uneven ground even when I purposefully fight in a flat plain in the world map. Thanks

Please, can someone at TW tell the environment artists to tone down the little hills on the battle maps. Hate having to fight in uneven ground even when I purposefully fight in a flat plain in the world map. Thanks
Man, you got to admit...that's a pretty funny request...I guess it's late and I'm tired, but I'm really laughing my @$$ off right now...the wife thinks I'm losing it!!!

Maybe it's their way of organically nerfing archers without nerfing archers...

Maybe it's their way of organically nerfing archers without nerfing archers...
Yeah, I think so too. It is really annoying as the really flat battle maps rarely appear. There's always a hill or bump to block your archer's view :grin:

Damn, that's really cool to see settlements in the background. very I M M E R S I V E.

@Dejan since now we have so many languages, where can I address a localisation-specific problems (namely Russian localisation)? Same place as any other bug?

- infantry with throwing weapons missing their targets, as a matter of fact javelins and axes fly above units, behind their back, dealing no damage.
- accuracy of foot archers has been reduced. thus making bad archers even worse.
- i hope there is an option to turn off slow-time while giving orders.
- system of battle orders prevents me from riding into battle with some allies i have no control over. for example if i sally out of a town, i have to assign militia to a group even if i have no control over them.
- horse speed reduction because of heavy armor. ok fine, but you should also add increased charge damage for an armored horse in relation to the weight of the armor. Mass of the horse + mass of the armor should = more charge damage.
---
but overall patch 1.7.0 is a very good one.

@Dejan due to the Order of Battle upgrade did you guys also keep in mind the unit speed of mixed formations? Usually ordering the infantry shield wall to advance will result in its mounted captain to ride far in front of the shield wall going head over heels alone against the enemy shield wall. Could you implement (if it has not already happened) that captains of a formation will stay behind the formation, thus keeping them save? On the other hand a charge command should let them lead from the front.

Back
Top Bottom