Open Post: Armagan, We Could Use A Video Update Addressing Our Concerns

Users who are viewing this thread

@ AxiosXiphos I haven't played the game in like 6 months. I still come here every other week to see if progress has been made. So i'm pretty much agreeing to the moving on as far as playing the game goes but I want to get feedback. If its not Armagan then i want the person that is in the position to address it. @Bloc said it best
"There are so many questions and suggestions floating around, and no one is giving any meaningful answer or feedback. That's weird as hell. Especially for a game that was promised with more features in many promotional videos.
Also, as even mexxico himself already stated many times, he is NOT a decision-maker. So when TW rejects the feature, let's say Freelancer option, people wonder "Why?". But we have no frikking answer. And there are tons of ghost features - that were supposed to be in the game, and no one knows where they are, when they will be implemented, or will they even get implemented or not. There is a huge thread about missing stuff in Dev Blogs. Do you know where they are? Because I don't. Because TW aren't talking to us."

Well you are welcoming to your brigading (and I don't mean that as an insult; just a descriptive term) thread but I honestly think the only thing it will do is raise the heat on the forum again.

I imagine Armagans involvement has probably reduced significantly over the years as the team has built up, This isn't a 2 man band anymore.
:wink: we are trying to snuff him out of his hiding hole. Also clearly he is heavily involved when he is the one rejecting or accepting suggestions. He just isn't involved in the community anymore (which is what we are asking for).
Its just how you know somebody has nothing else to nit pick from a post
Lol of course, but they weren't technically wrong. I was arguing with blind faith that has yet to be proven.

An official statement and some less official general explanations of the games vision in accordance with the dev blogs by various Devs responsible or the Game Lead designer would pretty much put me at ease whether they're the answers i wanna hear or not

I'd personally recommend moving on to other things; play some other games. Play the odd drop of multiplayer here and there and just give the game another 1-2 years.

It's clearly not finished; so I'm not gonna play / treat it like it is.
It's early access dude, we payed for an unfinished product on the promise that it would be finished/balanced with added playerbase feedback, if we don't speak our minds now when shall we do it? when the game is released and everyone says "why didn't you guys gave this feedback during the EA? now it's too late for big changes"?

The community isn't asking for much, it basically boils down to previous titles basic features + shown features during development and devblogs + immersive/quality of life changes for an otherwise empty/shallow game.

Most of these features wouldn't be hard to code according to some devs themselves but someone is making the calls completely out of touch with their fanbase and this goes for both singleplayer and multiplayer.

The problem when companies start to become fairly large with 50+ employees is that management.become more distanced from the daily activities. The game has a 87% positive review score on Steam, they've sold millions of copies and hence it's a succes. There's no incentive for them to fundamentally change the game, we are but a loud minority which they excuse with "You can never make everyone happy etc.". If any of you have ever worked an office job at a large company you've most likely experienced something similar.

Edit: And yes the sad truth is if the reivews would've been negative they would've most likely actually been more willing to change things.

Edit: And yes the sad truth is if the reivews would've been negative they would've most likely actually been more willing to change things.
Indeed but everyone gave positive reviews from the first hours of gameplay before the problems started to become evident or due to TW history with M&B classic/warband which were massive cult hits, just like CDProjektRed it was their past games that gave such hype and confidence to the playerbase, unfortunately we saw how that went for Cyberpunk and how it's going for shallowlord here..

Indeed but everyone gave positive reviews from the first hours of gameplay before the problems started to become evident or due to TW history with M&B classic/warband which were massive cult hits, just like CDProjektRed it was their past games that gave such hype and confidence to the playerbase, unfortunately we saw how that went for Cyberpunk and how it's going for shallowlord here..

Shallowlord, that sums it up lol.

I'd personally recommend moving on to other things; play some other games. Play the odd drop of multiplayer here and there and just give the game another 1-2 years.

It's clearly not finished; so I'm not gonna play / treat it like it is.
Axios I notice you do this quite often, I am not sure what your role of devil's advocate is helping here. The official company position is that EA will last around one year, which finishes in 2 months time. I have been playing other games/doing other things in my spare time too, those activities don't remove one's passion for the series.

It is hardly unreasonable to expect communication from the decision maker himself about why gameplay suggestions are rejected. As you noted the issue isn't passionate developers like AVRC and Mexxico (they're great), the problem is a huge amount of features are being rejected by the decision makers for no apparent reason. It would at least be good to hear from whoever is making the decisions about the game and why they refuse to order development on different areas on the game. Warband is the best game I've ever played and it is really frustrating to see features in Warband be dubbed as 'too complex' by decision takers at Taleworlds. The founders are neglecting what made Warband as highly popular as it is/was. Sure, they're going to make a lot of money (and have already) from crapping out a fun battle simulator, but it's a punch in the gut to passionate players. I agree with other posters that there's either two roads of (1) release the game and let modders work on the game or (2) extend EA and properly develop the game without such a paternalistic attitude towards players.

Maybe we can make a petition.org and pass it around the playerbase, and see if we can get more traction around the decision making issues.

Axios I notice you do this quite often, I am not sure what your role of devil's advocate is helping here. The official company position is that EA will last around one year, which finishes in 2 months time. I have been playing other games/doing other things in my spare time too, those activities don't remove one's passion for the series.

It is hardly unreasonable to expect communication from the decision maker himself about why gameplay suggestions are rejected. As you noted the issue isn't passionate developers like AVRC and Mexxico (they're great), the problem is a huge amount of features are being rejected by the decision makers for no apparent reason. It would at least be good to hear from whoever is making the decisions about the game and why they refuse to order development on different areas on the game. Warband is the best game I've ever played and it is really frustrating to see features in Warband be dubbed as 'too complex' by decision takers at Taleworlds. The founders are neglecting what made Warband as highly popular as it is/was. Sure, they're going to make a lot of money (and have already) from crapping out a fun battle simulator, but it's a punch in the gut to passionate players. I agree with other posters that there's either two roads of (1) release the game and let modders work on the game or (2) extend EA and properly develop the game without such a paternalistic attitude towards players.

Maybe we can make a petition.org and pass it around the playerbase, and see if we can get more traction around the decision making issues.
Maybe I'd just like a message board where I can talk, discuss and post feedback about a game I enjoy without having to surf through 100 threads of people complaining.

Like what are we even complaining about right now? Feasts? It's just boring... I don't care anymore.

Maybe I'd just like a message board where I can talk, discuss and post feedback about a game I enjoy without having to surf through 100 threads of people complaining.

Like what are we even complaining about right now? Feasts? It's just boring... I don't care anymore.
just skip them and be happy dude, people are complaining in specific threads about it because they are unhappy with the state of the game and the direction the early access is moving forward.

I was hopeful in the first months and always defending TW saying to give them time to develop the game, almost a year later now and all they have done is bugfixing and a very few interesting additions with most things requested by the community shutdown, i guess people have a right to be upset about that and if don't complain nothing will change.

Don't know if you accompanied the same thing that happened with Paradox in the release of Imperator but only the community complaining and massively negative reviewing on steam made the lead dev there get down from his high horse of "this is my vision deal with it", acknowledge the game needed massive improvements and listen to what the community was saying, nowdays the game is awesome and went from mostly negative to mostly positive reviews.

just skip them and be happy dude, people are complaining in specific threads about it because they are unhappy with the state of the game and the direction the early access is moving forward.

I was hopeful in the first months and always defending TW saying to give them time to develop the game, almost a year later now and all they have done is bugfixing and a very few interesting additions with most things requested by the community shutdown, i guess people have a right to be upset about that and if don't complain nothing will change.

Don't know if you accompanied the same thing that happened with Paradox in the release of Imperator but only the community complaining and massively negative reviewing on steam made the lead dev there get down from his high horse of "this is my vision deal with it", acknowledge the game needed massive improvements and listen to what the community was saying, nowdays the game is awesome and went from mostly negative to mostly positive reviews.
Because I don't understand peoples complaints. I don't and never have. The game is brilliant. It looks great. It plays great. It's taken the formula of Warband and improved it.

During development TW have made a few mistakes and everytime it has been fixed. Block Delay? Gone. Crush-Through? Gone.

I don't understand what people want? Battle mode; sure that would be nice but we know that is coming - same with custom servers. And yeah the game needs balancing; but no one actually says what they think is missing.

What key features from warband are missing? Feasts? Books? Sure courting could work a little better but all it was in warband was go to castle; get a courting point; return to castle in 2 weeks. It wasn't some elaborate feature...

I just don't get people saying they hate the game. I don't. And when people say they hate bannerlord - it just sounds like they hate warband and wanted bannerlord to be something different. People talk about wanting casus belli or elaborate diplomacy features - that's crusader kings; that isn't M&B. Bannerlord is just warband with nice graphics; that's all I ever wanted and every insult directed at TW or Armagan feels like a knife in the heart to a developer who took a massive risk to make a totally unique product. A product that I dreamed of as a child.

In Summary: Every time people s**t on Bannerlord I take it to mean they hate Warband and that breaks my heart.

Last edited:

Dont worry - go read another forums or a book about happy Mount and Bladers, come back in 1-2 years and you'll find a happier forum to cohabitate in

Will I though?

Joke.

I suggest you read up on the thread displaying the features they said they were working on in the dev blogs - and then if you cant understand why we feel shortchanged.. i cant help you. The fact that they are willfully omitting things to up frame rates for consoles dont help either.

Where do you get a book about happy Mount and Bladers? In the history section covering the Warband era? :smile:
In Summary: Every time people s**t on Bannerlord I take it to mean they hate Warband and that breaks my heart.
The oldtimers that loved Warband wanted Warband+ and are not getting it and are angry about it. So it's the love of Warband that moves them to be assholes to Armagan for ruining his own legacy. You know, like George Lucas, but instead of Ewoks and Jar-Jar you get MP classes and barber shops.

It feels like the man sold out to be honest. I'd love for it not to be the case, but the fact that he's made like a single post since the release of the game, and all this jazz about dumbing down features to make it work on consoles really makes it hard to not see it that way.

The way I see it is that he's probably really sick of working on Bannerlord and just wants to pump out the game in it's current state so he can focus on the next project. Hopefully we get a word out of the man himself though, and hopefully he shuts my speculation down too :')

Flame/baiting

You're a joke dude. Just stop commenting. Nobody is fooled or even remotely persuaded by you're garbage arguments or defenses anymore. Many of us saw the writing on the wall months ago. The emperor has no clothes, and this game will continue to be a massive disappointment / missed opportunity because simps like you continue to champion and defend the development decisions against LEGITIMATE forum complaint and feedback.

Damn even @Blood Gryphon has reached his bull**** tolerance level.

Last edited:
You're a joke dude. Just stop commenting. Nobody is fooled or even remotely persuaded by you're garbage arguments or defenses anymore. Many of us saw the writing on the wall months ago. The emperor has no clothes, and this game will continue to be trash because of simps like you.

Damn even @Blood Gryphon has reached his bull**** tolerance level.
About on time if I remember correctly

And despite having already done it, I'll 59th that

Because I don't understand peoples complaints. I don't and never have. The game is brilliant. It looks great. It plays great. It's taken the formula of Warband and improved it.
Read complaints again. Perhaps you will understand - because it's not just about feasts.

You can still like the game, that part is a matter of taste, I don't care, but saying that it's taken the formula of Warband and improved it same as saying "Bicycles are taken the formula of cars and improved it because they have both wheels which was the formula and now thanks to bicycles I don't have to get new friends because only one extra person I can ride with it instead of 3" - Bannerlord took somewhat a form of Warband's formula and made it even simpler/dumm for the average joe or console peasants.

Back
Top Bottom