FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THE ARCHER/CAV NERF PATCH

Users who are viewing this thread

MonkeyTazer

Recruit
Seriously, it has been like 3 months with this **** bag patch that completely ruined multiplayer. Just revert the damn thing and get your online players back, nobody liked that patch, it caused so many people to quit. Archers are useless, cav is useless, the only thing you can do to win is shock spam and that was the meta long before this ****ty patch, but now it's literally all you can pick to win and it's boring AF. This isn't a tactical game anymore, it's an infantry meatgrinder.

The next MP patch is going to be pretty big and I am pretty sure it is going to change things around (especially for Khuzait for skirmish and Battania for Captain). That said, I agree that factions can never be absolutely 100% balanced as they have different strengths and weaknesses and all maps are different.

Therefore, we are planning to make adjustments to the game modes considering the arrival of Ranked Mode. Faction swap and other changes to increase competitiveness and the strategic depth are being discussed to decide how/what to implement.

Our main goal is to make sure that many different strategies, on top of the current meta, are viable AND possible to be countered, such as playing with more archers or cavalry. We don't want all factions to be played with the same composition and strategy, such as Khuzait being forced to play infantry heavy while they don't really have any and being considered weak.

It's just not true that archers and cav are useless, it rather looks to me that you don't want to learn melee and therefore get clapped. So learn melee, thx.
He tagged the post with "captain mode", so probably not talking from a skirmish perspective. If he is, then, oh well

Seriously, it has been like 3 months with this **** bag patch that completely ruined multiplayer. Just revert the damn thing and get your online players back, nobody liked that patch, it caused so many people to quit. Archers are useless, cav is useless, the only thing you can do to win is shock spam and that was the meta long before this ****ty patch, but now it's literally all you can pick to win and it's boring AF. This isn't a tactical game anymore, it's an infantry meatgrinder.
I am Sorry that it took this long, but we had to make substantial changes to ranged combat and therefore AI. Archer AI is pretty good now and patch is close to shipping. AI weapon swapping improvements are being worked on (future patch) and cav AI improvements are next.

I am Sorry that it took this long, but we had to make substantial changes to ranged combat and therefore AI. Archer AI is pretty good now and patch is close to shipping. AI weapon swapping improvements are being worked on (future patch) and cav AI improvements are next.
Cool. Improved AI for archers, and other changes regarding the captain mode will appear first in the beta branch or immediately in the main one?

Cool. Improved AI for archers, and other changes regarding the captain mode will appear first in the beta branch or immediately in the main one?
Since there is a lot of significant changes we are planning to do some tests on the beta with players as well.

Thanks for the info. Have you had into account that archers were pretty much broken in SP before 1.5.3? I hope that the deserved AI improvements for archers won’t make them insanely good in SP again. Thanks for the hard work, and nice to know that you are planning fixes for cavalry AI too.

Thanks for the info. Have you had into account that archers were pretty much broken in SP before 1.5.3? I hope that the deserved AI improvements for archers won’t make them insanely good in SP again. Thanks for the hard work, and nice to know that you are planning fixes for cavalry AI too.
We are testing it out in SP.

Just upload to main branch, you're making people download a **** ton of data for nothing
Yeah honestly I think they should just send alot of the multiplayer stuff to the main branch because very very few people play Beta Branch. Only time I did was to test out the combat update patch that they released a few months ago, but only cause that was a major update that needed to be done right.

dont destroy my class plz haha

Are we talking about Skirmish or Captains mode? Archers and Cav are in a good place of balance in Skirmish mode and I think most people would agree with that statement.. Especially if you consider how the classes were balanced in prior patches... This looks to be the best place of balance so far.

Back
Top Bottom