Can you fix Multiplayer already?

Users who are viewing this thread

You think that's the biggest problem with BL MP?
Yes, for anyone trying to play a Skirmish game without having to go through a dedicated Unofficial discord, or wanting to get some of the in-game accomplishment badges, this is definitely the biggest problem with BL MP. Captain mode actually has some Custom Servers that are regularly filled, but the Custom Skirmish Servers are always empty.

Yes, for anyone trying to play a Skirmish game without having to go through a dedicated Unofficial discord, or wanting to get some of the in-game accomplishment badges, this is definitely the biggest problem with BL MP. Captain mode actually has some Custom Servers that are regularly filled, but the Custom Skirmish Servers are always empty.
I meant the guy who responded just before me with two videos about cheaters in other multiplayer games.

Don't know what is happening with official TW EU servers but they have worked very badly this week, at Wednesday someone mentioned about DDOS attack. Currently all EU servers are down.

Ignore multiplayer haters, they never played warband around 2012-2016 and haven't even heard of stuff like pw, crpg or napoleonic wars

The problem with mp is that the combat just isn't as crisp as it was in warband, it feels irrational and spongy at times. But there is something that could heavily improve mp combat

Chambers

Yep, they exist in bannerlord too, technically, but nobody uses them because they are very hard and unreliable to use. The problem is, without chambers the entire combat system becomes extremely dull. It was usually a rock-paper-scissor system: chambers beat spamming/feinting, hold attacks beat chambers, spamming/feinting beats hold attacks. But since chambers are unusable, hold attacks became obsolete and we're back to spamming/feinting. Attack, block, attack, block, feint, feint, feint, feint, attack, that's bannerlord combat atm

and it's boring.

In an ideal world, Taleworlds would overwork the combat system, trying to make it as crisp as it was in warband but I don't really have any hope for that. What they can do though is fix chambers, which would improve the combat system a LOT because it would unlock this rock-paper-scissors system

Or, you know, at least make chamber mechanics more accessible to modders so they can have a go at it

Do devs even visit the forums? Never seen one outside the patch announcements
+1

I also noticed near the release of BL that I often missed block/swing directions that I would never have missed in warband.
+ Swing directions sometimes change when keeping the mouse still, which never happened in WB. Really annoying especially when breaking doors/barricades

Sitll like some of the new mecanics and especially like captain mode.
A shame that the official skirmish/captain doesn't work anymore.(Though skirmish also wasn't fun as you would often be matched with a bunc of randoms against a team of premates)
Maybe better than matchmaking would be to let all who want join but balance teams for skill, maybe give the stronger team a gold penalty.
Better than penalties for leaving just implement a surrender poll, noone wants to play an unwinnable match.

Back
Top Bottom