Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a politicaly approved way to completely remove some user and every post he ever made because they are completely useless and offensive ?

No relationship to the post above, i swear, just asking out of curiosity

what i have noticed now that captured lords escape from prison at an alarming rate
should they not be in there for around 20 days in a castle ?
most are gone after 2 days
its impossible to war them, they are gone so fast and restock their troops i feel like Sisyphos

what i have noticed now that captured lords escape from prison at an alarming rate
its impossible to war them, they are gone so fast and restock their troops i feel like Sisyphos
strange, most of my prisoners stayed in jail for at least 5-7 days if I can remember correctly, some are longer, WAYYY LONGER, some I noticed upto 20-28 days in jail without a bail

The chance for a lord to escape from an npc owned dungeon is 7.5%. This roll happens once per day, so the average number of days for a lord to escape is calculated as 1/p or (1/0.075) = 13.3 days.

In a player owned dungeon the odds of escape are halved, so their daily escape chance becomes 3.75%. The average number of days for a lord to escape from a player owned dungeon is ~26.6 days.

The chances of lords escaping from mobile parties are different, but the player can expect to hold onto a captured lord for roughly 8 to 13 days on average depending on how many healthy troops you have in your party.

If you're holding many lords at the same time, the odds of any one of them escaping each day are higher, so it can feel like they are escaping quickly.

Hey, @Duh_TaleWorlds, I hope I'm not becoming irritating with that new quest problem, but there is a user who might have found a possible reason for the quest not working properly. Looks like the terms for the quest to appear are way too restrictive. If this is possible, could you please notify the dev team about that? Could be a good starting point for searching the reasons and all that... Thank you in advance!

The chance for a lord to escape from an npc owned dungeon is 7.5%. This roll happens once per day, so the average number of days for a lord to escape is calculated as 1/p or (1/0.075) = 13.3 days.

In a player owned dungeon the odds of escape are halved, so their daily escape chance becomes 3.75%. The average number of days for a lord to escape from a player owned dungeon is ~26.6 days.

The chances of lords escaping from mobile parties are different, but the player can expect to hold onto a captured lord for roughly 8 to 13 days on average depending on how many healthy troops you have in your party.

If you're holding many lords at the same time, the odds of any one of them escaping each day are higher, so it can feel like they are escaping quickly.
Well if that is the case it is not working at least in my game.

i no way do they stay that long , its maybe a factor 10 faster
if i have 4 or 5 one or 2 is gone for sure the time it takes to reach o castle to drop em off
if there are a few in the dungeaon and i go out hunting again , a few days later they are gone

game is fresh 1.4.2 no mods

i no way do they stay that long , its maybe a factor 10 faster
if i have 4 or 5 one or 2 is gone for sure the time it takes to reach o castle to drop em off
if there are a few in the dungeaon and i go out hunting again , a few days later they are gone
It's 100% in the game code and it's been in the game code since at least 1.3.0. You guys are essentially dismissing a calculator.

I'll say one thing, I don't know how the ransoming odds that randomly happen work, but it doesn't seem to be much, if any, faster than escaping the normal way. Also, npc mobile parties are a bit of a special case for a couple reasons, and lords do escape a lot faster from their parties.

If you're very confident that lords are escaping faster than probability allows, then you can always open a bug report.

Found another crash, picked bandits near village from Lantharis. Cave is south of the village on the mountain. When i go there on the map game crashes.
I found something interesting, the crash happens during a specific time of the day. When you are near the bandit base and click on it at dusk the game crashes. I think it might have something to do with the art of the bandit camp's window where the buttons are. I think the game doesn't know which art to show from the morning and the night variants during this period of the day.

It's 100% in the game code and it's been in the game code since at least 1.3.0. You guys are essentially dismissing a calculator.

I'll say one thing, I don't know how the ransoming odds that randomly happen work, but it doesn't seem to be much, if any, faster than escaping the normal way. Also, npc mobile parties are a bit of a special case for a couple reasons, and lords do escape a lot faster from their parties.

If you're very confident that lords are escaping faster than probability allows, then you can always open a bug report.
Hi just been doing some testing with prisoners, it was only a small test with 5 lords.
I captured 2 lords took them too a NPC town Serandor escaped after 3 days and Vashorki after 4 days.
The next test I did twice first time Urios escaped after 4 days Culharn after 4 days. Turiados lasted 9 days. On
the second test Turiados escaped before I reached the town and the other 2 within 4 days.
The other problem that might make it seem worse is that you imprison the lords, leave the town then go straight back in they no longer show even though they have not escaped yet.
Would love to hear your views on whether I need a bigger sample or if this one is enough.
Ok just done some more testing this time in my own castle same save but captured 2 more lords. Turiados escaped on the return. Urios left after 6 days, Serandor again after 7 days, Culharn ransomed after 11 days and Ratagost still imprisoned after 14 days this seems much better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom