Resolved [e1.4.2. - Beta branch] Quest "Scout Enemy Garrison" never ever appears in the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Summary: According to the patchnote for a new e1.4.2 beta branch, a new quest has been added to the game - "Scout Enemy Garrison". But the problem is that it never appears anywhere in the world - I suppose it should be given by an ally army, but I've checked thousands of armies while being a vassal (in an old save) and mercenary (in a completely new game I've started after updating to the 1.4.2). I've even used a console command "campaign.print_issue_statistics" and I haven't found the quest in the list.
How to Reproduce: Try to find the quest...
Media (Screenshots & Video): A screenshot of the developer console with the quests lists
Version: e1.4.2 - Beta branch
Installed community-made modifications: Xoberax's training fields

Checking the code it seems armies should give you this quest, 85% of the time, but only if there are 3(!) fortifications (town or castle) nearby the army is in war with, and they are all within 100 distance (this is very little imo).

My guess the distance is way too short, but there may be other bugs too.

It has nothing to do with the training field mod.

Checking the code it seems armies should give you this quest, 85% of the time, but only if there are 3(!) fortifications (town or castle) nearby the army is in war with, and they are all within 100 distance (this is very little imo).

My guess the distance is way too short, but there may be other bugs too.

It has nothing to do with the training field mod.
Looks like the terms are way too restrictive. I'm glad that it's not the problem from my site, but the fix is needed anyway.

Strange that no one before reported this issue, it's been quite a time since the patch has been released.

I think nobody plays the quests in mid- to late-game. Which is a shame, they are there for a good reason, but the player has actually no time to play quests from mid game, too many wars, issues, starving cities... :smile:

Back
Top Bottom