Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey folks, we just shared a hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the previous fixes to the live branch:
  • Fixed a rare crash on the campaign map regarding village items.
  • Fixed a crash related to newly spawned caravans.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to talk with a companion while inside hideouts.
  • Fixed an issue with missing dialogues for supporting a kingdom in the main storyline after loading which blocked progression.
  • Fixed a client crash on crowded servers when the amount of created weapons in the environment exceeded a certain threshold.
As well as
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when kingdoms declare war while the "Company of Trouble" quest was active.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when clicking done in the simulation battle result screen.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened while talking to a companion.
  • Kingdom tributes are now paid daily rather than one-time.
    • Kingdom tribute payments are shared between clans as follows:
      • Each regular clan has 1 share and ruling clan has 4 shares
      • Every town adds 3 shares
      • Each castle adds 1 share
  • Added a fix for the Player's King's Decision.
  • The AI now leaves less garrison to settlements with low prosperity. This should improve problems with starvation.
  • We spotted a 3x inflation for hearths over 15 game years. The daily hearth increase for villages was changed to 0.5 from 1.
  • Fixed some visual bugs on the Baravenos Encirclement and Xauna MP scenes.
Please note that we will continue to evaluate and adjust war & peace balance. We very much welcome feedback on this topic.

All I can say is that this patch did nothing for war/peace balance. After I updated, Vlandia asked for peace with us (Khuzait character) we accepted, peace lasted 2 days before the whole kingdom voted in favor for another war with them, this is with us already at war with battania and southern empire... since I started this character. I started this character on the patch before this hotfix and since his inception 300 in game days ago it's been endless war with 0 peace days.

Makes the gameplay experience very tedious and frustrating, also Northern Emp is already destroyed 300 days in lol.

So i made my piece for my 2 handed sturgia playtrough on beta this weekend. Since there will be no moving branch and fixes till next week, i took the step to install mod. Diplomacy mod and tweak. Hotfix came and crashed my game. Start another playtrough joined sturgia no mods. They have 35 active policys. Anyone else having this problem? I'll start over agian tomorrow.

My first impressions on this fixes:

My kingdom faces 2 wars against great empires. By now I can't make peace to test the tribute system because my vassal Calatild does not want war and I don't have 999 influence to spare and override her wishes so I have lost 3 towns and still I can't make peace. This playthrough is going to end very fast...

My first impressions on this fixes:

My kingdom faces 2 wars against great empires. By now I can't make peace to test the tribute system because my vassal Calatild does not want war and I don't have 999 influence to spare and override her wishes so I have lost 3 towns and still I can't make peace. This playthrough is going to end very fast...
give yourself influence from developer console to test this update.

All I can say is that this patch did nothing for war/peace balance.
Why, it actually did. This small and quite insubstantial "fix" has broken Diplomacy Fixes, the vital mod which made the game playable after the descision to remove 25 days truce. A few other mods are now also broken. So now we have a choice - we're either waiting for an update for these or "enjoying" endless stupid random wars every goddamn second. Vlandia declared war on Southern Empire, Vlandia declared war on Khuzait, Vlandia declared war on Sturgia, Vlandia declared war on the Outer space...

This is starting to look like an enless "break thing->-fix it->repeat" circle...

In my playthrough there are already no Western and Northern Empires along with the Sturgia. Battania is next in line, since they have 1 city and 1 castle left. All in ~400 days.

Just make the AI less likely to be on more than one war at the same time. And please bring back truce again. Kings should have honor and if they sign truce, they should honor this decision for at least some days. It is ok if eventually truce treaties get broken but It should be pretty rare.

Please stop trying to find complicated solutions for this issue when It is really simply to fix. We were happy with the 25 days truce and you have removed It without any sense in order to introduce a new mechanic which could have been compatible with truce.

Hotfix (e1.4.0 - 28/05/20)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to talk with a companion while inside hideouts.
  • Fixed an issue with missing dialogues for supporting a kingdom in the main storyline after loading which blocked progression.
  • Fixed a client crash on crowded servers when the amount of created weapons in the environment exceeded a certain threshold.
Hey folks, we just shared a hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the previous fixes to the live branch:

So, the live branch DID get hot fixes that weren't in the beta and the beta didn't get them until the next day?
That's counter intuitive and disappointing if so.

Just make the AI less likely to be on more than one war at the same time. And please bring back truce again. Kings should have honor and if they sign truce, they should honor this decision for at least some days. It is ok if eventually truce treaties get broken but It should be pretty rare.

Please stop trying to find complicated solutions for this issue when It is really simply to fix.
Kingdoms need reasons to declare wars. Right now it's soo very random and illogical (as much as any other AI action, like taking a castle in the middle of an enemy territory instead of trying to push the border by taking settlements located on the Kingdom's borders). Why on Earth should Vlandia declare war on Khuzaits at the very beginning of the game? Why should Aserai declare war on Sturgia? No reason, really, we did it for lulz.

Warband had a simple casus belli mechanic, so wars weren't random. And it worked perfectly fine along with the truce time.

Also I still can't figure out why was the truce time removed, while also talking that the "implementation of a new system may take quite a time, be patient". Well, if your new system isn't completed and it's not working, leave it in Alpha branch, test it inside the studio, but do not push another not working mechanic to beta-branch instead of a simple and working thing.

As well as
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when kingdoms declare war while the "Company of Trouble" quest was active.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when clicking done in the simulation battle result screen.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened while talking to a companion.
  • Kingdom tributes are now paid daily rather than one-time.
    • Kingdom tribute payments are shared between clans as follows:
      • Each regular clan has 1 share and ruling clan has 4 shares
      • Every town adds 3 shares
      • Each castle adds 1 share
  • Added a fix for the Player's King's Decision.
  • The AI now leaves less garrison to settlements with low prosperity. This should improve problems with starvation.
  • We spotted a 3x inflation for hearths over 15 game years. The daily hearth increase for villages was changed to 0.5 from 1.
  • Fixed some visual bugs on the Baravenos Encirclement and Xauna MP scenes.
Please note that we will continue to evaluate and adjust war & peace balance. We very much welcome feedback on this topic.
Cool to see an update just before the weekend, I have a question though. What is tribute and how do I get it? Peace :smile:

Now the king can override effectively every decision provided he has enough influence (999 in my game). This seems fair (not sure if 999 is fair though), but my kingdom is composed exclusively by Calatild and me, and maybe one or two mercenary clans. Now as a king I DONT have voting power. So Calatild is the true king as I am far from the influence to override and I can't vote to have a 50% support so I always have to do what Calatild says or face a 100% negative support.

I loaded the game and tried to expel Calatild from the kingdom but... she voted against so I failed.

She has 300 influence and I have 500.

I am going to leave my kingdom and leave it to Calatild then make a new one, I'm not sure if this will totally break the game...

In this patch the 10 - 40 - 100 influence vote has been removed in favor of an option to override completely, I think we should have all the options so the options would 10 - 40 -100 - 999 (override) and 50% supported decisions should be decided favoring the king decision without the need to override.

If I understand how city mechanics work, only shortly after, the AI seems to take in consideration milita numbers when sieging, and militia doesn't consume food nor is affected by starvation.
Yeah but I think the militia is already reduced by low prosperity. And now the actual garrison will be reduced as well, so poor fiefs will be doubly screwed

So wait - i really appreciate Updates and all but why isnt this a different build in the beta tabs? Its now broken my save (yes i have mods) but i cant revert because theres nothing to revert too... ... .. ..... .............. ..... ... ..

this is the 2 week patch? /wrist

@Duh_TaleWorlds why u do dis to me?
Is there a lot of other things in the works thats hush hush?
Does this patch have other things in it like new items? Unit tweeks?
nah. they said elsewhere that they discovered issues with it and it will be next week at the earliest.

So wait - i really appreciate Updates and all but why isnt this a different build in the beta tabs? Its now broken my save (yes i have mods) but i cant revert because theres nothing to revert too... ... .. ..... .............. ..... ... ..
I second this. Would be nice to have an option to roll back to previous beta-version (not 1.4.0 but to 1.4.1 before the latest hotfix)

Back
Top Bottom