Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

I gave it a quick play through. War declarations are much less common except for the northern empire which randomly engaged in 4 wars out of the blue. Everyone else is at war with their original factions plus some fighting the northern empire. Peace is still impossible.

Ok. Again you have put in hot fixes to the game that are not fixed...Again you gave us a hot fix that was added to the live 1.4 yesterday . we got it today Thats 2 times now and after you said to me yesterday that they are tested in 1.4 .1 first..
1st Tevea still getting raided but not as much...not sure if you done anything to this part but it seems they have moved to Zestea now hit 3 times in 4 days with full Armies of 800 to 1000 men .
2nd Companions and Hubby or Wife.If you have them in there own party and then get them to Disband they go to Ain Baliq and stay there .. this was a bug way back.. the only way to get them back to your party is to put them in charge of your town.then add them to your party...this only happened after this patch.
3rd..Peace ..then with in 1 sec of play War again. So its as bad as it was.
4th After this patch i have seen that on main camp map when moving i get a little stutter i have never had that before in this game...
well thats my part for this patch.. i am not having a go at TW i no you are working hard to get this right and i no it takes time... But you must also understand why we may get a little hot headed with things when we have told you whats not working and its still not been fixed,...
With 5000hrs in WB and close to 500hr with BL i will stay with it i love this game and that will never change. all i ask is talk to us more it gos a long way and you will get less people complaining...

Do your faction now has 35 active policys as well?

Yep. New playthrough, fresh from latest beta 1.4.1 patch today. Upon joining Aserai as a Merc, it immediately tagged on 29 Policies as Active. Also:
  1. Clicking on clans in the 'Clans' menu of Kingdoms seems to automatically attempt to expel them (text warning of a failed vote to expel clan). After a few such clicks, the game will CTD.

2. Clicking on Fiefs in the 'Fiefs' menu of Kingdoms seems to automatically attempt to reassign fiefs to other lords (text warning of a failed vote to reassign fief).

3. Clicking on Policies in the 'Policies' menu of Kingdoms seems to automatically attempt to propose that policy (text warning of support, or rejection, of the decision by the council). Notably, of the 29 Active Policies, some would say 'This decision was rejected by the support of the council', others 'This decision had the support of the council'. These text notifications bore no correlation to the 'Current support in kingdom' bar, nor to the new 'Consider abolishing this policy (Support: x%)' text. Some of these active, already-enacted policies offered 'Consider enacting this policy', others 'Consider abolishing this policy' above the 'Propose' button, so I'm not entirely sure if they're all really even active, under the hood.

4. Clicking on other factions in the 'Diplomacy' menu of Kingdoms seems to automatically attempt to declare war on them (text warning of a failed vote to declare war).
I am unsure if any of these votes is actually taking place; still too low Influence for me to be able to even theoretically bring a vote around (early game). 29 Policies are definitely already listed as active, however. Taleworlds, plz. I worry that every iteration of the beta branch, lately, is more gaffe-prone than the last. Often in foundational ways that make it very hard for us to help you.

Edit: After additional tests building on mid/lategame playthroughs, I can confirm that the problem is specific to the Mercenary status. As a vassal, I observe none of the problems above. If I leave vassalage and immediately rejoin as a vassal, my faction (Battania, in this case) has the same number of policies as before (11), and all buttons in the Kingdom menu function as intended. If I leave vassalage and immediately rejoin as a Merc, the problems listed above, from my fresh playthrough, kick in: all buttons lead to apparent vote attempts + possible CTDs, and a bunch of new Policies get enacted (jumping to 20). Upgrading from Merc to Vassal at this point will bring back normal functionality to the Kingdom menu, while retaining the jump to 20 Policies, so I have reason to believe they do indeed all get insta-voted the moment you glance at the Kingdom menu as a Merc.

TL;DR: For now, players need to completely skip the Merc phase of a 1.4.1 playthrough. Otherwise, the kingdom you Merc for gains Policy steroids.

Last edited:
Now the king can override effectively every decision provided he has enough influence (999 in my game). This seems fair (not sure if 999 is fair though), but my kingdom is composed exclusively by Calatild and me, and maybe one or two mercenary clans. Now as a king I DONT have voting power. So Calatild is the true king as I am far from the influence to override and I can't vote to have a 50% support so I always have to do what Calatild says or face a 100% negative support.

I loaded the game and tried to expel Calatild from the kingdom but... she voted against so I failed.
LOL

So i made my piece for my 2 handed sturgia playtrough on beta this weekend. Since there will be no moving branch and fixes till next week, i took the step to install mod. Diplomacy mod and tweak. Hotfix came and crashed my game. Start another playtrough joined sturgia no mods. They have 35 active policys. Anyone else having this problem? I'll start over agian tomorrow.
So wait - i really appreciate Updates and all but why isnt this a different build in the beta tabs? Its now broken my save (yes i have mods) but i cant revert because theres nothing to revert too... ... .. ..... .............. ..... ... ..
Same here. Wrecked most of my good mods as well. Taking a break for now I guess.

TL;DR: For now, players need to completely skip the Merc phase of a 1.4.1 playthrough. Otherwise, the kingdom you Merc for gains Policy steroids.

Thanks, I was wondering wtf was going on when I joined as a merc for Sturgia and upon clicking the Kingdoms tab 29 policies had been activated on an instant. Clicked it again and now there were 35 active policies.

Why, it actually did. This small and quite insubstantial "fix" has broken Diplomacy Fixes, the vital mod which made the game playable after the descision to remove 25 days truce.

Yea, that´s the only thing the update did....break the one mod that really solves the always war issue and do nothing else after two weeks.

Good job TW!

Just talk to the modders, they have more clue what they do than you have....

They took 2 weeks for this update and it improves nothing and even make the game worse (see policy issues...), of course their "QA" was unable to see this as always because we are the QA...

2 f****** weeks for nothing, it´s like they are trolling us.

Really....this is just frustating...going back to 1.4.0 now so that I can at least play the game I paid for.

I mean for real, what are they doing? Next patch should be like:

"This is a generic patch."

How can you **** up this bad?

Hey folks, we just shared a hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the previous fixes to the live branch:
  • Fixed a rare crash on the campaign map regarding village items.
  • Fixed a crash related to newly spawned caravans.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to talk with a companion while inside hideouts.
  • Fixed an issue with missing dialogues for supporting a kingdom in the main storyline after loading which blocked progression.
  • Fixed a client crash on crowded servers when the amount of created weapons in the environment exceeded a certain threshold.
As well as
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when kingdoms declare war while the "Company of Trouble" quest was active.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when clicking done in the simulation battle result screen.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened while talking to a companion.
  • Kingdom tributes are now paid daily rather than one-time.
    • Kingdom tribute payments are shared between clans as follows:
      • Each regular clan has 1 share and ruling clan has 4 shares
      • Every town adds 3 shares
      • Each castle adds 1 share
  • Added a fix for the Player's King's Decision.
  • The AI now leaves less garrison to settlements with low prosperity. This should improve problems with starvation.
  • We spotted a 3x inflation for hearths over 15 game years. The daily hearth increase for villages was changed to 0.5 from 1.
  • Fixed some visual bugs on the Baravenos Encirclement and Xauna MP scenes.
Please note that we will continue to evaluate and adjust war & peace balance. We very much welcome feedback on this topic.
Good work!

They took 2 weeks for this update and it improves nothing and even make the game worse (see policy issues...), of course their "QA" was unable to see this as always because we are the QA...

2 f****** weeks for nothing, it´s like they are trolling us.

Really....this is just frustating...going back to 1.4.0 now so that I can at least play the game I paid for.

I mean for real, what are they doing? Next patch should be like:

"This is a generic patch."

How can you **** up this bad?
Do you really believe they spend 2 weeks on the hotfix?

Also they said they didn´t release it last week so that they can fix issues when they occur because of turkish holidays.

So they release it on a friday, **** up and be on the weekend again.

Just tell me one thing the update imrpvoves, just one thing? What were they doing the last two weeks?

Modders already fixed the always war stuff and TW just made it worse? 2 weeks? Also no new stuff as always.

Maybe they should just start playing their own game so they notice what is wrong (a lot)....I really think this is the difference. Modders are also players, they play the game, they notice what is wrong and they fix it. And TW is just doing NOTHING! This "update" is a joke after two weeks.

Last edited:
Also they said they didn´t release it last week so that they can fix issues when they occur because of turkish holidays.

Just tell me one thing the update imrpvoves, just one thing? What were they doing the last two weeks?

Modders already fixed the always war stuff and TW just made it worse? 2 weeks? Also no new stuff as always.

Maybe they should just start playing their own game so they notice what is wrong (a lot)....I really think this is the difference. Modders are also players, they play the game, they notice what is wrong and they fix it. And TW is just doing NOTHING! This "update" is a joke after two weeks.
Try waiting for the full game. You can avoid all this frustration.

Holly ****! This is an early access game BETA branch! Everyone is bit*** about everything. No one forced you guys to play it. Go and play the stable version, which is supported by most of the "important" mods.

You are confusing the next beta version with a hotfix.

This is not the update they have been working on over the last weeks. This is a quick hotfix that was created within a few hours, as you can see here:

Yeah, complaining about mods compatibility in a beta branch should not be a thing. Same for broken campaigns.

So, the live branch DID get hot fixes that weren't in the beta and the beta didn't get them until the next day?
That's counter intuitive and disappointing if so.
you gave us a hot fix that was added to the live 1.4 yesterday . we got it today Thats 2 times now and after you said to me yesterday that they are tested in 1.4 .1 first..
Hotfixes will be applied to a branch when they are ready. All fixes to live are included in the beta before it goes to live (though typically earlier).
To clarify - this means that all hotfixes to live are included in the beta branch before the beta branch is transitioned to live - not that everything goes to beta before it goes to live. Apologies for the confusion. Personally, I feel that sharing a crash hotfix for the "stable" branch before it is applied to the "unstable" branch is not problematic. Having said that, we share updates when they are ready regardless of what branch they are on (i.e. they contain what they should & have gone through internal processes).

this is the 2 week patch? /wrist

@Duh_TaleWorlds why u do dis to me?
Is there a lot of other things in the works thats hush hush?
Does this patch have other things in it like new items? Unit tweeks?
It is a just a hotfix to the beta branch. The transition from beta to live and the introduction of a new beta version for testing will happen when the remaining, significant known issues have been resolved to a sufficient degree.

So wait - i really appreciate Updates and all but why isnt this a different build in the beta tabs? Its now broken my save (yes i have mods) but i cant revert because theres nothing to revert too... ... .. ..... .............. ..... ... ..
I second this. Would be nice to have an option to roll back to previous beta-version (not 1.4.0 but to 1.4.1 before the latest hotfix)
Steam offers a limited number of version slots. We are using these for our stable versions. If you are looking for a stable gameplay experience, please use those. The beta branch bears significant risks on that front and we will prioritize testing on it.

1st Tevea still getting raided but not as much...not sure if you done anything to this part but it seems they have moved to Zestea now hit 3 times in 4 days with full Armies of 800 to 1000 men .
No further changes have been made to Tevea as far as I know. The issue with Tevea should be unrelated to other settlement though. You can read more about it here:
@drallim33 I examined your save file find a party going for raid to Tevea and see that raiding score is a big number. When going deeper I see it raiding Tevea is set to -1000000 because it is tutorial village and someone tried to disable raiding to there but they did it for all game unfortunately. Then I see this -1000000 is multiplied with another negative constant like -0.01 because party is starving and party's food variable is something negative (because we have a system party's food can be negative it is something like food debt, so when party buys food it will be paid and negative morale effect is gone). This secondary score should be capped to 0 even party has food debt. So in current situation two negative value (which one is 1000000) is multiplied and result is big positive number then they go raiding Tevea. It will be fixed with next hotfix.

Edit: After additional tests building on mid/lategame playthroughs, I can confirm that the problem is specific to the Mercenary status. As a vassal, I observe none of the problems above. If I leave vassalage and immediately rejoin as a vassal, my faction (Battania, in this case) has the same number of policies as before (11), and all buttons in the Kingdom menu function as intended. If I leave vassalage and immediately rejoin as a Merc, the problems listed above, from my fresh playthrough, kick in: all buttons lead to apparent vote attempts + possible CTDs, and a bunch of new Policies get enacted (jumping to 20). Upgrading from Merc to Vassal at this point will bring back normal functionality to the Kingdom menu, while retaining the jump to 20 Policies, so I have reason to believe they do indeed all get insta-voted the moment you glance at the Kingdom menu as a Merc.
Thank you for the in-depth report. We will get it fixed.

Now the king can override effectively every decision provided he has enough influence (999 in my game). This seems fair (not sure if 999 is fair though), but my kingdom is composed exclusively by Calatild and me, and maybe one or two mercenary clans. Now as a king I DONT have voting power. So Calatild is the true king as I am far from the influence to override and I can't vote to have a 50% support so I always have to do what Calatild says or face a 100% negative support.
This also sounds like a bug. Will look into it.

Back
Top Bottom