Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

And arrogance is there, you can't deny it. ........ "we are working, shut up".. in two weeks. Pathetic.

Only pathetic one here is you. The rate of patches so far has been very good.
There are Early Access games on Steam that don't get updates for months.
Let them work, we still have 10 months+ ahead of us, it's not going to happen overnight.

Folks, please refrain from personal attacks (be it against developers or community members). It just discourages constructive interaction.

First whats the point in helping you guys out with Bata if you have the patch first to the live 1.4.
The purpose of the beta is to work with the community by offering them a branch for testing content before it goes to the stable / main branch.

Hotfixes will be applied to a branch when they are ready. All fixes to live are included in the beta before it goes to live (though typically earlier).

Second
  • Fixed a bug that caused NPC parties to raid Tevea village very frequently.
  • This is still happening i have the town that has Tevea and i am always having to go there as its being attacked. I have seen 1000 Armies going there in my game as they have no food they traval half the map to go there . .
  • Now if you say you have fixed this can you make sure before putting it out that its Fixed..Its not...Its funny that all we see is rear crashes that are being fixed and not the ones that are more common ..
Cheers for the report, we will have a look.

Folks, please refrain from personal attacks (be it against developers or community members). It just discourages constructive interaction.

I think most of the players involved in feedbacks understand that development can be halted or delayed for various reason, they just don't express themselves as much as those that are discontent or impatient.

Please don't feel discouraged by that, there isn't a lot of game where you can accumulate as much played hours as this one on EA and it can only get better ! Cheers

is there a beta patch today or not?
He didn't say they are not patching beta.

The purpose of the beta is to work with the community by offering them a branch for testing content before it goes to the stable / main branch.

Hotfixes will be applied to a branch when they are ready. All fixes to live are included in the beta before it goes to live (though typically earlier).

Cheers for the report, we will have a look.
Okay so we already had the stuff that got patched into live today, that makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

I mean, mods are a good direction to set development priorities. If there's a mod that's downloaded 100k times, pretty sure thats smth important for the players etc. Even if it has a s*it code, it gives the direction where to go.

And arrogance is there, you can't deny it. They hardly communicate with the players that paid 40+ eur for a chance to become a tester for a game thats in a pre-EA state. Daily status updates (or even an update in several days) from a community manager would be a minimum, but all we get is "we are working, shut up".. in two weeks. Pathetic.

He never told anyone to shut up. He never acted arrogant. You....on the other hand.

Ironically there's mods that fix this issue and game is quite playable.

I suggest stop being arrogant and seek community help when needed.

And arrogance is there, you can't deny it.

1. Mods use techniques that are not compatible or usable for the developers directly. (Harmony)
  2. Mods focus only one (simplified) aspect of a problem disregarding consequences and effects they cause elsewhere with changing game mechanics.
  3. Most importantly: the modding community does not have access to the source code and tools to be able to really help the development process. This is not an open source project.
  4. Regarding the constant war problem: it was said by a developer that a new feature is coming to cover this part, and that is why another feature was disabled in preparation for that.

They are not arrogant, there's just way more depth into the things you can see from the gamer side of the fence. That being said, getting ideas from popular mods is a must in my opinion too, though I'd rather have them fix things and do their planned features before starting down on that road.

I am ok if we have to wait more time until next beta patch, It is just that we were thinking that the patch was ready and It would be available after Turkey holidays. Especially because the information we got from TW the past friday.

Anyway, take your time and I think you should take all the necessary time to do a good work and try to avoid rushing. So thanks for the information.

I just think it's amazing that we're 8 days (and two patches) behind the schedule which everyone understood had been established. And despite being 8 days behind, we are told that the game won't be patched until the next work week at the soonest. So we will have to wait a minimum of 11 days -- though probably more -- in order to get a Bannerlord patch.

And remember, this would be 11 days late, not 11 days since the last patch. It'll be 19 days since the last patch; that's coming close to 3 ****ing weeks.

Remember when the game was patched daily? No one thought that was sustainable, but going from 7 times a week to once a week to once every 3 weeks in the course of like two months is bound to piss off a good amount of customers. At this rate, how do we even know they won't pull a Starbound and flip us all off?

I just think it's amazing that we're 8 days (and two patches) behind the schedule which everyone understood had been established. And despite being 8 days behind, we are told that the game won't be patched until the next work week at the soonest. So we will have to wait a minimum of 11 days -- though probably more -- in order to get a Bannerlord patch.

And remember, this would be 11 days late, not 11 days since the last patch. It'll be 19 days since the last patch; that's coming close to 3 ****ing weeks.

Remember when the game was patched daily? No one thought that was sustainable, but going from 7 times a week to once a week to once every 3 weeks in the course of like two months is bound to piss off a good amount of customers. At this rate, how do we even know they won't pull a Starbound and flip us all off?

Just think for a minute please, last week @Duh_TaleWorlds said that they wouldn't put the patch live because there was holiday in turkey and they don't want to put something to test while they have no staff to fix stuff should a problem with that new patch occur, not because they wanted to get home early...

Today that's exactly what happened, they said they found a problem, and i'm sure that if they had released on schedule with no one to fix this issue for 6 days you would have complained aswell...

Come on please try to be reasonable

It's OK to stop playing if you aren't enjoying the game. Perhaps wait a while and try back in several months?

I just hoped the 1.4.1 mega war would be patched for the weekend, so i could do my Sturgia playtrough., been holding it for some weeks. And maybe polearm as well. The truce timer where taken away, and tbh 300 days and several factions are just gone.

I just hoped the 1.4.1 mega war would be patched for the weekend, so i could do my Sturgia playtrough., been holding it for some weeks. And maybe polearm as well. The truce timer where taken away, and tbh 300 days and several factions are just gone.

Just play 1.4.0?

You're complaining that an experimental branch has issues.

There is no 'behind schedule', they said they are aiming for a weekly cycle but would delay things when problems arise. It should be obvious that a weekly cycle can't be guaranteed, especially in a time with public holidays.

Look at their track record. TW has always put out a good product. I expect Bannerlord will be another good product once its all done. I do not think they will flip us off. Give them time. At least they were kind enough to put the game out as is and let us have a go at it while its in development. Granted we're paying for that privilege but still cut them some slack. They are working on it. So what if they are behind schedule? It is moving forward which is what is important. Everyone just needs to relax and enjoy the game thus far and if you can't do that go do/play something else until the next patch does come out.

One of the reason is because weekly cycle was not appreciated. People were complaining patch came out broke their game; patch came out they have to restart their game.
I doubt that's the reason. Pretty sure that TW is still aiming for a weekly cycle, but as they said, holidays and problems in development doesn't always make it feasible.

problems in development doesn't always make it feasible.

And these are quite expected considering it is a bigger update with some features that probably were worked on for some weeks.

Fitting a full cycle of:
release beta -> people playtest -> gather feedback -> analyze issues -> fix issues -> test internally -> release fixes -> people playtest -> gather feedback -> decide for a release
is already quite hard (and frequently not very feasible) to fit into one week, and if that week has 1-2 holidays it becomes impossible, unless you want mayor bugs to end in the main brach release. Which noone wants, neither devs nor players.

And these are quite expected considering it is a bigger update with some features that probably were worked on for some weeks.

Fitting a full cycle of:
release beta -> people playtest -> gather feedback -> analyze issues -> fix issues -> test internally -> release fixes -> people playtest -> gather feedback -> decide for a release
is already quite hard (and frequently not very feasible) to fit into one week, and if that week has 1-2 holidays it becomes impossible, unless you want mayor bugs to end in the main brach release. Which noone wants, neither devs nor players.
Yes, that's my point. Taleworlds says 'we intent to release weekly patches if we don't run into problems.' People read 'we are guaranteeing weekly patches, if you don't see a patch we took your money and ran away'. :grin:

Yes, that's my point. Taleworlds says 'we intent to release weekly patches if we don't run into problems.' People read 'we are guaranteeing weekly patches, if you don't see a patch we took your money and ran away'. :grin:

Yeah I just wanted to support your point with a more visual explanation of why it has to be that way :wink:

Back
Top Bottom