The dev is beating around the bush

Users who are viewing this thread

Caravans did not need to be nerfed. We needed more things to spend are money on. Where are the features? Where is the content?

Why defend an unfinished game? You're only validating the lack of more fun, cooler features the previous games had. Expect more from this combat simulator and maybe you'll see those features that you enjoyed in that old game in this new game with better graphics. That is partly what made you hyped for Bannerlord in the first place!

You mean to tell me you are satisfied with the current iteration/implementation of diplomacy, main quest, quests, relationships and/or traits. I feel they are not finished yet there are many here that will take a stand for the current game. The game feels unfinished and even empty. I didn't have to ask myself why am I conquering the map whilst playing Warband, the characters and world felt alive (as one forum user wrote). I paid $40 just like you did, and I hope to get what was intended for its release. If you need me to pay another $10 upon full release, so be it, just deliver on your promises. You get married? Where's the ceremony that you should pay for? There's a tournament in town? Where's the feast to host, the gathering of vassals and nobles? Where's the content?

The guy who is complaining about tweaking a minor issue overlooking major issue has a right to do so on this forum.

Last edited:
Really? People have been screeching for a release date for 8 years and now they´re getting bombarded with threads like this crying for big content drops despite the game not having been out for even a month. Lmao dude
the people crying for 8 years are not the same that are flooding the forums with complaints. Though the game is a bit worse state that I've had anticipated, none the less, not surprising to me. I thought it would be a tidbit less bare-bones, but someone over here prior to the release was saying that them delaying it to late may was a clear sign that the game wasn't ready, which is true.

I was in the boat to wait at least a year to buy it, but the COVID-19 thing has forced me to be at home, so I've became a high school teenager again (except that I don't go out, at all, not even to study), and I've decided to buy as many interesting games I could, it was obvious that I'd buy this game once Italy has quarantined us all, although it took me over a month to buy it

I've been spanked by the mods for telling what I think about the people who compose this "Zerg Race", so I'll refrain from saying what I think about it, at all.

the people crying for 8 years are not the same that are flooding the forums with complaints. Though the game is a bit worse state that I've had anticipated, none the less, not surprising to me. I thought it would be a tidbit less bare-bones, but someone over here prior to the release was saying that them delaying it to late may was a clear sign that the game wasn't ready, which is true.

I was in the boat to wait at least a year to buy it, but the COVID-19 thing has forced me to be at home, so I've became a high school teenager again (except that I don't go out, at all, not even to study), and I've decided to buy as many interesting games I could, it was obvious that I'd buy this game once Italy has quarantined us all, although it took me over a month to buy it

I've been spanked by the mods for telling what I think about the people who compose this "Zerg Race", so I'll refrain from saying what I think about it, at all.

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion hoping to see a game match the same game that made you a fan. I see similar comments about the game or at least its SP campaign being "bare-bones" or an "empty framework" so you are not wrong.

Some people need to calm down or step away from the game for a few months because it sounds like yall are expecting to "play" and not testing and aiding the game grow with suggestions...early access is just that, early access to an incomplete game that requires serious testing and development.
+0.5

The issue is that the devs have VERY selective hearing. Just look at the thread that asked us what they wanted with caravans prior to the update. Here

This is just one example but has been prevalent throughout both the beta and alpha. They take our suggestions half-ass and then ignore the second half. This would be fine if it weren't for the pretty awful decisions, such as leaving caravans to RNG instead of having engaging ways to decide such as hiring more guards in exchange for speed, etc(these were suggested in that thread).

What is worse though is that they constantly, constantly hide behind the 'we'll leave that for mods!' mindset which is easily the worst and most dangerous mindset any ambition developer can have, no matter the game.

The nexus additions literally outshine many game design choices, and it's only been a few weeks since release... all without mod support. One of which is a mod completely dedicated to fixing the game that has over 200k downloads.

If you're not happy with the game, come back in a few months. The devs have pushed an update at least once every two days since launching early access, focussing on spot fires and crashes so that everyone can play the game. They have been amazingly responsive to the most severe issues (game-breaking crashes) when compared to any AAA studio. Do you see Watchdogs getting 5 updates in one week in response to crash reports?

It's totally fine to offer your opinion on what needs to be balanced and how, but the majority of posts in this thread come off as a bunch of entitled whiny 13 year olds. It's pretty enraging to see people throwing all their toys out of the cot because that thing they mentioned on the forums wasn't immediately implemented and pushed within 24 hours. Get over yourselves. Wait a few months. Lo and behold, doing things takes time.

P.S: how many of you grifters even know how to code?

If you're not happy with the game, come back in a few months. The devs have pushed an update at least once every two days since launching early access, focussing on spot fires and crashes so that everyone can play the game. They have been amazingly responsive to the most severe issues (game-breaking crashes) when compared to any AAA studio. Do you see Watchdogs getting 5 updates in one week in response to crash reports?

It's totally fine to offer your opinion on what needs to be balanced and how, but the majority of posts in this thread come off as a bunch of entitled whiny 13 year olds. It's pretty enraging to see people throwing all their toys out of the cot because that thing they mentioned on the forums wasn't immediately implemented and pushed within 24 hours. Get over yourselves. Wait a few months. Lo and behold, doing things takes time.

Amen brother!

Amen brother.

People expect a certain amount of feutures and quality in the game according to it's pricetag. Luckily TW offered a 20% off, something I consider as a very smart move as the negative backlash would probably be even higher. I don't consider people being entitled 13 year olds when they complain they cant run the game even if their pc can play simular games. (in terms of graphics) You might have a point when talking about how people are complaining about a lack of feutures and bugs/crashed, but a lot of this comes down to bad communication from the dev team. We have no road map, no information on how much is not included in the current build. Only snaps of information here and there from limited interraction.

People expect a certain amount of feutures and quality in the game according to it's pricetag. Luckily TW offered a 20% off, something I consider as a very smart move as the negative backlash would probably be even higher. I don't consider people being entitled 13 year olds when they complain they cant run the game even if their pc can play simular games. (in terms of graphics) You might have a point when talking about how people are complaining about a lack of feutures and bugs/crashed, but a lot of this comes down to bad communication from the dev team. We have no road map, no information on how much is not included in the current build. Only snaps of information here and there from limited interraction.

Let's be honest: by parting with our money for an unfinished product, we all have made ourselves liable to take the shaft. Sure, we can pelt the game with negative reviews on Steam afterwards, but, when it comes to fixes and balance tweaks, they owe us nothing. We'll see how well the game, the franchise, and the studio will fare in the long run, but, regardless, there is a world of difference between opining on the forums, which is subjective, and voting with your wallet, which is the true gauge of success.

I'm writing this not as a "fanboy" but as a fellow early access sucker who has willingly agreed to take the shaft (which I don't normally do - I really detest this practice, which, sadly, has become rooted in the videogame industry over the last decade). Rationally speaking, all we can realistically do now is leave our share of the feedback and hope for the best.

+0.5

The issue is that the devs have VERY selective hearing. Just look at the thread that asked us what they wanted with caravans prior to the update. Here

This is just one example but has been prevalent throughout both the beta and alpha. They take our suggestions half-ass and then ignore the second half. This would be fine if it weren't for the pretty awful decisions, such as leaving caravans to RNG instead of having engaging ways to decide such as hiring more guards in exchange for speed, etc(these were suggested in that thread).

Exactly, I definitely think this thread would look different if everyone had been in the closed beta. Serious issues went unaddressed for months even though they would have been easy fixes. The current state of developer communication is just a continuation of what we had previously, where they have their own idea of how the game is going to be and are just ignoring huge swathes of criticism.

Exactly, I definitely think this thread would look different if everyone had been in the closed beta. Serious issues went unaddressed for months even though they would have been easy fixes. The current state of developer communication is just a continuation of what we had previously, where they have their own idea of how the game is going to be and are just ignoring huge swathes of criticism.
As someone who participated in the beta it always astonishes me when I launch a mp match and see how many EA players there are. I had the beta since Nov. 21 but didnt play too much untill they had improved some major flaws with it. I still remember slower combat, delays and delays and the OP throwing weapons in melee. People complaining about classes from day 1. They are bringing back auto block so why not the old multiplayer system people have been repeatedly asking for in equal numbers relative to their communities?

It would 100% be interesting to see if the majority of the people who are "happy" with the game and those who sometimes get classified as fan-boys were in the beta or not.

What most people defending TW ignores is that there's modders. MNB has one of the strongest modding communities in the gaming industry. Always having mods reaching the top spots on websites such as moddb. There's even a mod fixing the caravans as of writing this.

If that doesn't give the TW white knights in this thread the understanding that users, at least the more experienced ones, want TW to focus on critical bugs and more content, before balance (as we as a community can solve balance in the SP much better than them at the moment) then I suppose I'm going to see you playing the game when I click on your Steam profiles and not being on the forums?

It'd take ten additional years to finish the game if they have to balance every damn sword in the game each time they're adding one additional sword as everything has to go through Armagan. There's poor planning and management, but at least don't do the game development path backwards, TW!

Last edited:
It would 100% be interesting to see if the majority of the people who are "happy" with the game and those who sometimes get classified as fan-boys were in the beta or not.

Well interestingly enough there was this one guy who spent 10 pages arguing that the game is fine, and everyone is whining, and the MP criticism was elitist etc. Then someone published a short video of him getting 1-hit after walking straight into an attack. :lol:

MP numbers have dropped off significantly since the release, and a lot of them have already migrated back to warband which is seeing a playercount resurgence as of late.

What most people defending TW ignores is that there's modders. MNB has one of the strongest modding communities in the gaming industry. Always having mods reaching the top spots on websites such as moddb. There's even a mod fixing the caravans as of writing this.

If that doesn't give the TW white knights in this thread the understanding that users, at least the more experienced ones, want TW to focus on critical bugs and more content, before balance (as we as a community can solve balance in the SP much better than them at the moment) then I suppose I'm going to see you playing the game when I click on your Steam profiles and not being on the forums?

It'd take ten additional years to finish the game if they have to balance every damn sword in the game each time they're adding one additional sword into the game as everything gotta go through Armagan. Ugh

I understand where you're coming from but this is still a very bad mindset for a developer to have. If a player has to install a dozen mods just to get a balanced game experience then something is seriously wrong. Bethesda for example has relied on this mantra for years and now their most recent game has been a never-ending disaster of magnificent proportions.
Also the barrier for entry for modding is now higher than ever. The old module system was terrible, but it allowed non-coders like myself to easily implement changes and add new scripts. C# is a lot more complex, and the graphics system basically requires you to read a physics paper to understand. We're going to see a smaller number of more in-depth mods rather than a plethora of fixes.
Finally and I think most importantly, it takes a superhuman amount of autism to want to fix the hundreds of issues in this game in one go, however the only way to fix many of these issues is to do it all at once. Entire mechanics need to be overhauled and no small limited-scope mod is going to that.

It'd take ten additional years to finish the game if they have to balance every damn sword in the game each time they're adding one additional sword as everything has to go through Armagan. There's poor planning and management, but at least don't do the game development path backwards, TW!
When I take a look at the patch notes I see 99% fixed crashes and improved performance and stuff. There was literally just one developer who changed one number and everyone acts like they wouldn't do anything else.

users, at least the more experienced ones, want TW to focus on critical bugs and more content, before balance (as we as a community can solve balance in the SP much better than them at the moment)

Critical bugs do require a lot of investigation and are hard and slow to fix, you cant just stop doing anything and fix all the critical bugs in 1 hour with all the programmers, it just doesn't work that way. Pretty much the same is to demand 9 pregnant women to give birth in 1 month. Not even talking about stuff like bugs that look easy but turn out to be complex and you **** up with how much time you spent vs how much time was planned to spend on the bug. This is how things work in IT. Not all managers and all programmers are gods of their profession and you cannot only hire best of the best, and dont even need to. Would a dev with 20 years experience bother fixing a bug with 1 variable being 2 instead of 1? No. Would a junior dev be able to fix a complicated memory leak or faulty architecture? No. All of the foresaid stuff isn't even specific to defending TW or any other game company.

If economy of the player is off and you can fix it with 1 hour of work it should be done, because early access is perfect time to experiment with this. It also allows player to actually test what economy is going to be like in late-game. Again, the point of early access is to test all the parts of the game, not the parts that random forum user wants. Usually no game tester is able to just play the game for 50 hours to find out that caravans bring way too much money. Hell it would kinda be a dream job.

Modders on the other hand have the ability to make what THEY desire. But they still cannot fix a memory leak, or a game not launching on specific CPU. So they're pretty much constrained into balance, content and features.

+0.5

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...come-source-or-not.414500/page-2#post-9360704

Nope. This comes with the territory. They see something that may be effecting the game so they make a change to it to see if it undoes the effect. The effect was that Caravans were not being attacked as often as they should have been. Did they make too big of a change? Sure, and that HAPPENS...this is why the game is in early access, to figure this **** out.

The nexus additions literally outshine many game design choices

Wait. Are you saying that mods improve games? No...way...

Back
Top Bottom