The dev is beating around the bush

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel the dev is not addressing the most pressing matters in the patches. I mean half of the game needs to be finished or overhauled, why bother doing those minor balance tweaks such as caravans? We have a fully messed up skill tree and a non-existence relationship interaction system! I would also much rather see the completion of kingdom management/diplomacy features. But definitely dev thinks those issues are too difficult to address so why don't we do this minor tweak to the economic system, that should be easier...

They need long text for every patch to make all the piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipp piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip people happy... and it works. Long text of small stuff and people go "OMG YOU ARE THE BEST"... and then 20 new mods comes out 1 hour later fixing the game again... that's where we are right now... sad.

You would hope so wouldn't you, but I'm not so sure.
I don't know how many developers they have but limiting caravans from 80 to 30 probably requires 1 man hour and a few more hours of mostly passive testing.
Mexxico probably spend less time with the change than he spend with discussions on the forums...
So I'd say the complaint is pretty invalid unless the entire dev team is occupied with changing one number.

I'm assuming and hoping that they have the manpower and what not that these patches are just from a small group to keep the game playable while they work on a big update coming in a few weeks time that adds just a little meat on the bones of the very shallow sandbox.

Its clear who doesnt know anything about early access games or game development. It is not even possible for massive game developers to keep up with all issues instantly while bug fixing. Not even Blizzard was able to do that during the beta of World of Warcraft with a team of over 400 people working on the game.

TW must delegate issues between those working on the game. Bug fixes and content will be listed according to importance while hammering out critical issues first.No doubt, small things like minor tweaks to caravans and the like is being handled by 1 person (Small company, few people) focusing on what has already been implemented getting small tweaks while key developers are working on the hard ****.

Some people need to calm down or step away from the game for a few months because it sounds like yall are expecting to "play" and not testing and aiding the game grow with suggestions...early access is just that, early access to an incomplete game that requires serious testing and development.

One controversial change and everyone is like "devs are all focusing on this and not on anything important!!!111" and then multiple threads pop about this.
Like if the whole dev team had to stop working and decided they now nerf caravans, and then they did it all together...
Completely ignoring a huge list of important fixes added in recent patches (and probably another huge list in the works).

One controversial change and everyone is like "devs are all focusing on this and not on anything important!!!111" and then multiple threads pop about this.
Like if the whole dev team had to stop working and decided they now nerf caravans, and then they did it all together...
Completely ignoring a huge list of important fixes added in recent patches (and probably another huge list in the works).
Simply a vocal minority

I feel the dev is not addressing the most pressing matters in the patches. I mean half of the game needs to be finished or overhauled, why bother doing those minor balance tweaks such as caravans? We have a fully messed up skill tree and a non-existence relationship interaction system! I would also much rather see the completion of kingdom management/diplomacy features. But definitely dev thinks those issues are too difficult to address so why don't we do this minor tweak to the economic system, that should be easier...
Different people working on different things. If you want it your way then patches would be ones a month or a week. Switch off from beta if daily patches bother you so much or come back in a month.

I don't know how many developers they have but limiting caravans from 80 to 30 probably requires 1 man hour and a few more hours of mostly passive testing.
Mexxico probably spend less time with the change than he spend with discussions on the forums...
So I'd say the complaint is pretty invalid unless the entire dev team is occupied with changing one number.

Filling in "This is a generic backstory" takes one writer half a day to get a version out too. I haven't seen them do that yet.

Filling in "This is a generic backstory" takes one writer half a day to get a version out too. I haven't seen them do that yet.
I've seen them fixing quite a lot of game breaking issues / crashes though. In the meantime we'll probably get a more substantial update at some point and the required work for that doesn't come from thin air.

Last edited:
Its clear who doesnt know anything about early access games or game development. It is not even possible for massive game developers to keep up with all issues instantly while bug fixing. Not even Blizzard was able to do that during the beta of World of Warcraft with a team of over 400 people working on the game.

TW must delegate issues between those working on the game. Bug fixes and content will be listed according to importance while hammering out critical issues first.No doubt, small things like minor tweaks to caravans and the like is being handled by 1 person (Small company, few people) focusing on what has already been implemented getting small tweaks while key developers are working on the hard ****.

Some people need to calm down or step away from the game for a few months because it sounds like yall are expecting to "play" and not testing and aiding the game grow with suggestions...early access is just that, early access to an incomplete game that requires serious testing and development.
yes after 8+ years i am expecting to play the game.

well they wrote a completely new engine for their game... look at for example ea and how many of their games struggled so hard bc the higher ups forced their companies to use a new engine. Everything had to be implemented again. Lots of stuff is "just" busy work. I for one dont care if there is a placeholder text or 2 paragraphs of background i instantly forget about. The difficult and meaty and imho most important stuff at the moment is improving performance and eliminating crashes. since there are almost endless different builds out there, its impossible to sufficiently test those things internally. Sure I'd wish the game itself had a bit more meat on its bones. And most certainly I'd like to see a roadmap to know whats in the pipelines, at least generally. Had to give feedback and suggestions when you dont know at all whats allready planned. But for now i guess they r only interested in making the game stable, and for that feedback on mechanics isnt really needed. a little bit communication on these matters would be nice though, but dont forget these folks are turkish and as you can see when a dev posts their english is a bit broken. would be nice to have a community manager, but hey it seems that wasnt on their radar. after all, its a pretty small company without a lot of games under their belt.

Sure, that is NOT an excuse for everything, but its far to early to damn the game and the devs. THe game is out for about 2-3 weeks now. If there is no clear improvement on the base game in about 6 months, hell yeah i will feel dissapointed. But right now calm down and be reasonable.

Half a day for seven lines of dialog? How can I get a job like that?

A good writer should be able to craft many backstories per day. I have been doing that and all I am doing is testing a mod!

Back
Top Bottom