Resolved [Reproduced in V1.0.9] Crafting weapons bug, same design duplicates stats

Users who are viewing this thread

If you craft a weapon using a previously used design the stats of that weapon will revert back to whatever the stats were when you first crafted that design, IE a legendary sword crafted at smith level 200 with have the same stats of the sword you crafted at smith level 25 if you used the same design for both

To replicate simply create a design, craft it, Note the stats on the crafting menu, create the same weapon again, and the that second weapon will revert to the first weapons stats and name, they will be the same in your inventory and will stack.

Here are a series of screenshots demonstrating this

I've replicated this dozens of times without fail, not game breaking but certainly ruins it if you want to make a legendary version of a sword you crafted previously, and as it stands in my play-through there's about a dozen designs i can't use anymore because the stats are terrible as i crafted them at a low level

v 1.0.6

Up. Reproducing in 1.1.0

Edit: If you move some slide bar changing the size of any part, even slightly, the problem won't occur.

Last edited:
This was the bug that made me quit, why the hell am i supposed to be going through the game and doing my part by sending crash reports and bug reports, if i cant even keep the stats of a smithed weapon to help me stay alive in battle. so we are expected to beat the game with these garbage statted weapons we are given in the game, and we have to equip our compainions with them who arnt even that good at fighting so 60% of the time theyll miss or hit a shield with it anyway, garbage bug, it really needs to get fixed otherwise playing is pointless, no sense of progression what so ever, just stuck with the same weapons through your entire campaigne

This was the bug that made me quit, why the hell am i supposed to be going through the game and doing my part by sending crash reports and bug reports, if i cant even keep the stats of a smithed weapon to help me stay alive in battle. so we are expected to beat the game with these garbage statted weapons we are given in the game, and we have to equip our compainions with them who arnt even that good at fighting so 60% of the time theyll miss or hit a shield with it anyway, garbage bug, it really needs to get fixed otherwise playing is pointless, no sense of progression what so ever, just stuck with the same weapons through your entire campaigne

Your name is right lol. You are hardcore overreacting though. Just change one part and craft it, boom...new weapon. there are plenty of parts with near copies.

Your name is right lol. You are hardcore overreacting though. Just change one part and craft it, boom...new weapon. there are plenty of parts with near copies.
[/QUOim not dumb i know making the weapons a diffewrent size or putting a different part on retains the stats, but they still reset on load, and eventually youll make every weapon in the game and cant do it anymore, this needs to be fixed, period.

i shoulnd't have to throw away my old weapons and spend the time getting all the resources to outfit every single one of my compainions and myself with the exact same gear every time i load the game, thats just lazy on your end

i shoulnd't have to throw away my old weapons and spend the time getting all the resources to outfit every single one of my compainions and myself with the exact same gear every time i load the game, thats just lazy on your end

Early Access, I agree that it should be fixed, but your reaction is totally over the top. It's not game breaking...nor does it lock you out of content. it just doesnt give you the complete experience. Not everything is a life or death problem...because then nothing is.

ALSO, there is progression in smithing...and you dont need the 100% perfect legendary gear to fight. Quitting over an issue like this is just ridiculous, you should have known there would be small issues when you bought it.

it literally makes it so every single battle is exactly the same and makes the entire game mundane and boring.... theres nothing to work towards because none of your upgrades stay with your character

I guess thats your perception but it really seems to be a personal problem with how you view progress. Change your weapon for the task at hand because there is not a single weapon that is always the best to choose. Try a longer or shorter weapon, higher damage or faster swing speed, a stab instead of slash type. or Blunt (cap those prisoners). You are tunnelvisioned and its hurting your own experience with the game, open up.

it literally makes it so every single battle is exactly the same and makes the entire game mundane and boring.... theres nothing to work towards because none of your upgrades stay with your character

Oh to be young enough for video games to matter this much.

"Every single battle is exactly the same" because weapon stats?

I'm sure they'd be dramatically different if it kept that +5.

Life goes on, no need for melodrama.

"change your weapon" i see everyone here is singleminded and stupid, no weapon will ever go from doing anything over than 60-70 damage unless you hit them in the head or are charging on a horse, you are SUPPOSED to be able to upgrade your weapons, ANY weapon, to increase its damage, i am not going to waste my time playing a game that is all about melee combat and archery, if i cant ****ing upgrade my melee weapons or i have to risk just going down the horse archer path because you cant win against multiple enemies in melee combat if you are only capped at doing 60-70 damage, i am sick and ****ing tired of some know it all going like "oh just choose a different weapon and then you will have a different experience" its all the same dip****, we need the ability to upgrade weapons or we are limited to the very raw selection we have. already captured every feif in the game multiple times using multiple weapons and it felt very mundane each and every time

because i was doing the same ammount of damage with each type of weapon every single ****ing battle WACK YOU HIT FOREST BANDIT FOR 120 FROM CHARGE DAMAGE YAYA YOU HIT BANDIT FOR 70 DAMAGE YAY WOOO HOOOO ANOTHER HIT FOR 70 DAMAGE OH HERE COME 4 GUYS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM BECAUSE YOU ARE A COMMANDER OF A STRONG ARMY BUT NO YOU SUCCUM TO A MERE 4 PEASANTS BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY DO 70 DAMAGE PER SWING EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A CRAZY HIGH STAT

pathetic fanbois who accept this type of nonsense game progression just because youve waited for the game to come out for so long, that is unacctable behavior and wont be tolerated by me

"change your weapon" i see everyone here is singleminded and stupid, no weapon will ever go from doing anything over than 60-70 damage unless you hit them in the head or are charging on a horse, you are SUPPOSED to be able to upgrade your weapons, ANY weapon, to increase its damage, i am not going to waste my time playing a game that is all about melee combat and archery, if i cant ****ing upgrade my melee weapons or i have to risk just going down the horse archer path because you cant win against multiple enemies in melee combat if you are only capped at doing 60-70 damage, i am sick and ****ing tired of some know it all going like "oh just choose a different weapon and then you will have a different experience" its all the same dip****, we need the ability to upgrade weapons or we are limited to the very raw selection we have. already captured every feif in the game multiple times using multiple weapons and it felt very mundane each and every time

because i was doing the same ammount of damage with each type of weapon every single ****ing battle WACK YOU HIT FOREST BANDIT FOR 120 FROM CHARGE DAMAGE YAYA YOU HIT BANDIT FOR 70 DAMAGE YAY WOOO HOOOO ANOTHER HIT FOR 70 DAMAGE OH HERE COME 4 GUYS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM BECAUSE YOU ARE A COMMANDER OF A STRONG ARMY BUT NO YOU SUCCUM TO A MERE 4 PEASANTS BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY DO 70 DAMAGE PER SWING EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A CRAZY HIGH STAT

pathetic fanbois who accept this type of nonsense game progression just because youve waited for the game to come out for so long, that is unacctable behavior and wont be tolerated by me

Then wait for the full release....how stupid are you?
No one gives a flying f*ck what you will or wont tolerate lol. Just another pathetic whiner who expects a full-release finalized product from EA.
If you want change, stop being a little b*tch about it and post real reviews with thoughtful feedback. Right now you are worse than a 2 year old with a tantrum.

Then wait for the full release....how stupid are you?
No one gives a flying f*ck what you will or wont tolerate lol. Just another pathetic whiner who expects a full-release finalized product from EA.
If you want change, stop being a little b*tch about it and post real reviews with thoughtful feedback. Right now you are worse than a 2 year old with a tantrum.
i dont need a full finalized release, one simple fix make weapons retain their stats, their skills are broken so therefore there is no point in making a character/ testing the game for them

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Well ,in the middle of the rather over-the-top exchange, I at least learned I could rename a crafted weapon! Cool!
In my game, they're always "Crafted 1-handed Sword."

Now, I'll share my experience: I have trained 3 of my companions as tolerable smiths. (They're 31, 77, 94 at present.) My character is at 186.
Two of the companions are trained to make extra Charcoal, so they usually prepare it for all of us. I lug around multi-hundreds of hardwood, so no problem there. All three companions do a lot of smelting (thanks for the tip from whoever mentioned the bounty from pugios!). My guy trained to make Thomaskene steel, so I have the whole range of materials available in any needed quantity. (I also carry multi-hundreds of Iron Ore!)

I often let my companions bang out copies of the same weapon in a given session. Istiona, my least-capable, gets a fair number of negatives, and I pat her on the head and say, Nice try, Darlin'!" Farim does a better job; in fact, since his skill is so much better, I'll move the slider up and he still nails it. My sweet Gisilchild, with her brawny arms, can take a whack at weapons I'm making - although I don't entrust Thomaskene to her, just yet. So, she makes a pretty good 2-handed sword and, with the slider pulled higher, I make a perfect one.

So, at the end of a session like my example, I'll have two 1-handed and two 2-handed swords, each pair made from the same components, with only (perhaps, but not always) a slider pull between them. In my inventory, the members of a pair usually differ in value because the higher-skilled smith did a better job. They are, however, distinct and different weapons. I never tracked the specific stats from making them and looking at them in inventory, so I haven't detected if the game is managing the stats properly.

Does the OP understand that the choice of components matters beyond the tier they're in? That the multipliers for Cutting and Piercing damage are different for the various blades and heads? That guards often add arm protection, and pommels often add mass to a strike, improving damage? The original post complained that the stats of a weapon produced by a 200-level smith will have the same stats as the SAME WEAPON made by a 25-smith. Well, duh. The stats are capped by the choice of components! Your "Iron Spatha" blade doesn't hold an edge any better at 200 than at 25.

I find it amusing that someone would quit over a crafting issue. I've never crafted anything. I play for the combat, not the crafting. Its like playing minecraft. A lot of people sit in their 'home' and build machines and farms. I go out to explore, fight things, and gather supplies. Same mindset here. I go out fight groups, and gather resources. That being said, I wish I could repair some of the broken/worn equipment I get, but to me its not worth wasting the time to get crafting levels up and get the resources needed for it. I always like what I'm assuming is a bug that occasionally fixes broken/worm items when I enter a town.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom