Closed Do smithing perks even work at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: I have 3 family members with smithing above 200. My main char is level 255. I crafted hundreds of two handed axes but not a single weapon came out as masterly. The best I have seen so far is "high-quality" (in german localization it's "hochwertig"). I asked myself if chances are too low and I'm too impatient, but even a low chance in % should result in at least 1 masterly weapon out of many hundreds, right? What confirmed that smithing is completely bugged is when I took the perk that adds 2% swing damage. Weapons crafted after I took this don't have any bonus swing damage. It's not working.

And by the way, smithing is a pain in the ass. I'm using a macro now to prevent my hand from dying.

How to Reproduce: Craft a two handed axe above level 200 and wait for perks to kick in

Have you used cheats and if so which: None

Scene Name (if related): --

Media (Screenshots & Video): --

Computer Specs: Not relevant

Mods: Achievement unlocker, banner colors. Only these two.

Did some tests again yesterday:

- Crafted many 1 handed swords -> enough legendarys for all my folks
- Crafted many 1 handed axes -> not 1 legendary, not even 1 masterly one

Conclusion: With version 1.2.8 you can not craft masterly and legendary axes at all, no matter if 1h or 2h.

Question was this for Axes specifically, or generally?

I havent done any bs to craft axes at all tbh, so I dont have data on this.
I have for other items like swords seen legendary for sure.

I have looted after battles Mastercrafted axes this I know(read I'm useing one for my siegeequipment(shield + 1h axed + bow for sieges)
But cant say I've seen any legendary axes dropped, I have had legendary swords (read I have one for my civilin outift)(2hd battanian type of sword).

Did you read my post? It's for axes specifically. You can't craft a legendary axe but you can craft legendary swords. But you can drop legendary axes from battles, I have confirmation for that so it's not that they wouldn't exist. The blacksmith perks don't apply for 1h and 2h axes, which must be a bug. I'm disappointed, I spent many hours on blacksmithing just to realize I can not craft what I aimed for. Makes the pain in the ass blacksmith tool even more painful. Blacksmithing could be such a great thing, no idea why so few love is put into this feature.

Are you kidding me? What's that, a completely random spam post without even reading my stuff? Gonna report that ****.

Remember, using macros or cheats to circumvent game mechanics might lead to unintended consequences and is generally discouraged.
I can use macros in my single player games as much as I want. Who are you to tell people what to do.

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I will provide any data you request to help. I can reproduce it at any time.
The cause of the issue seems to be this from the patch notes:

Code:
Changed "Legendary" and "Masterwork" crafting requirements:
"Legendary" items can only be crafted from crafting parts with a combined average tier of 4.5 and higher.
"Masterwork" items can only be crafted from crafting parts with a combined average tier of 3.5 and higher.

For weapons with 4 components there is no problem.
But for weapons with only 3 components, you can never reach the average of 4,5 because it seems to calculate the average by simply dividing by 4.

For axes the max average would be 3 * 5 / 4 = 3,75
So you can craft mastercrafted versions, but not legendary ones.

Good find! It should simply be divided by the exact number of parts used. This is simply an incorrect formula. May affect other weapons as well as you can craft weapons with some parts being optional.

We tried to reproduce this issue but we were able to craft any weapons without any issues that had legendary masterwork fine balanced tags. You need to make sure that your hero has high enough Smithing skill and the crafting difficulty of the weapon needs to be lower so the chances for these tags increases.

All of this is the case but it doesn't work. I have 2 characters with smithing 280 and one with around 260. The 2h axe has a difficulty around 250 and I only use class V parts. I never receive any legendary, I crafted hundreds for testing.

Back
Top Bottom