Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

No, what you are doing is totally mischaractarising everything. If you read Noudelle's criticism, you would notice that the steering is loose, the 5th gear isn't working right, and the "improved" traction control is messed up and downright dangerous. However, fanboys don't want to notice that because it's fine below 80km/h and the new bodywork looks fab. They also, for some reason, are happy about the fact that the new one can't powerslide at all.
Beautiful.

Beautiful.
tenor.gif

Set fire to this thread and finish it off like a boss.:lol:

I came to this thread to see what's going on and the first thing my eyes find is rank shaming. This is why I hate forums. Always have, always will. You implement a system so people can see at a glance how active someone is in a community, and people immediately turn it into a popularity contest and use it to ostracize newcomers who may very well have better thoughts than the moderators themselves. Shameful. I'll probably get a reprimand for saying so, but whatever. As soon as this game is out, I'm gone anyway. I just want everyone to know that it's not you, it's what the forum mindset does to a very select few of you. Even those of you it "changes" are probably fine people IRL. There's just something about forums.

By the way, the combat is fine. Anything could be better with polish, but it's not the disaster Noudelle is making it out to be by a long shot. I know, I deep dove into analysis of a lot of his complaints a month back. Most of what he says is born of sensationalism, ignorance, misunderstanding, or misappropriation. He does make a couple good points, mind. But only just, and when he has a laundry list of them, that's not a very high batting average.
Yes, good job digging up a reply from the first page 25 pages later...

I'll happily listen to anyone making an actual argument, but for the most part, all of the lower ranks in this subforum have:
-made points that are objectively false (compare to Noudelles list)
-ignored any valid points made by our side
-called us elitists that just want Warband 2 and not Mount and Blade 2

The guy I replied to called Noudelle a ****poster and, while true for this one thread, can not be transferred to any sort of larger scale, which you knew if you actually made an effort to read and understand Noudelles posts.
I replied with the same thing he said, "stop ****posting", but because I'm the warband elitists and he's the poor newbie, that's ok to you?
He said combat feels good to him but that's subjective, then goes straight on to tell someone with another opinion to stop posting. ("I personally like the combat much more in Bannerlord. So stop ****posting ") That's ok to you?

I don't have the time right now to look through your entire list of answers to his posts, sadly, but skimming over them, it seems you missunderstood his examples or lack the experience to see why certain things are an issue.

I came to this thread to see what's going on and the first thing my eyes find is rank shaming.

Don't worry, it's only a tiny handful of people who do that crap here. Taleworlds forums are (were) some of the best with regards to keeping rank wankery under control. We fought tooth and nail to prevent the new admin implementing an upvote /karma system, for example.

It's not like Total War Center for instance, which is a horrible strictly hierarchical mess with 100 medals on everyone's profile, which has a gulag board where you have to suck up to higher-ups if you want to get un-muted. And it's not like the Paradox forums where there are 4 different upvote systems and hardly anyone dares to criticise the developers lest they get 50 "respectfully disagree" and "funny" marks next to their posts.

Don't worry, it's only a tiny handful of people who do that crap here. Taleworlds forums are (were) some of the best with regards to keeping rank wankery under control. We fought tooth and nail to prevent the new admin implementing an upvote /karma system, for example.
I had no idea. Thank you for your service.

It's not like Total War Center for instance, which is a horrible strictly hierarchical mess with 100 medals on everyone's profile, which has a gulag board where you have to suck up to higher-ups if you want to get un-muted. And it's not like the Paradox forums where there are 4 different upvote systems and hardly anyone dares to criticise the developers lest they get 50 "respectfully disagree" and "funny" marks next to their posts.
Ah man Karma system would be horrible.

Competitive standard across virtually all fps/tps games is low DPI, typically under 1000, and Warband was no different. You see people spinning in pub games, but pub games always have people doing stupid things for fun. I can see how you might have this misconception if you didn't play or even watch competitive gameplay, but the fact is spinning is not viable in high level Warband play. Stop parroting disinformation.

No adjustable DPS is the standard with a clutch button and designed for a claw grip, unless it's a MOBA in which case you need all the buttons.

Warband competitive gameplay was full of spinniing, unless you're saying the only competitive play that matters is the team v team div A matches - in which case iit's all teamwork, which will play perfectly in Bannerlord without any issues as you can still chamber block and either angle for an early cav kill or get all your kills 2 v 1.

Bannerlord still has plenty of tweaking to be done but the idea that slowing the combat down will kill competitive play is false unless you're talking about naked peasants with 2h.

None of warbands competitive gameplay has ever been full of spinning.
(Dont take this the wrong way but im assuming you have never played it)
The reason we (the multiplayers) say things are wrong is because, as ive said a million times
The Game Doesnt Reward Skill as Much
Block delay means fighting two people at once is impossible, yet in warband it was doable but only with a lot of practice
fbb1c2532d153cb11a028824ae626929.png

Warband, while having less features has a higher skill cap and depth to the fighting,

Bannerlord while having more features, has a much lower skill cap meaning there is less depth to fighting

I played both MP and SP.

Was it a SP demo that got early release? No, it was MP only and you don't even have to PAY for it. In the beta about to be released tomorrow SP is only partially in but MP is getting a ton of work.

Chambering needs fixed, kicks need fixed but they're in and intended to be fixed. Combats going to be slower on a swing by swing basis and rotational speed is going to be capped which is part of what makes it feel 'slow'. It's going to be way more teamwork intensive and pub games absolutely won't be easy to just dominate in. The creation of classes is virtually a requirement for high end comp play because when you give players absolute control over loadouts in any game you effectively remove the viability of everything other than best in slot. It's why comp divisions had limits on troop types. Most competitive game environments have additional limitations above and beyond the vanilla match restrictions because of this - otherwise it's literally only best in slot.

It is however incredibly disingenuous, even dishonest, to say that combat isn't better. Overall it's better as it removes a lot of the janky, exploitable stuff and lays a better foundation for competitive play. With chambering back in and kicks fixed you'll have a much thicker skill band and the inclusion of classes with different mobility, perks and relative weaknesses you create more rock/paper/scissors options instead of just everyone in best in slot. Teamwork is a skill and a far more difficult one than just mechanical timing.

The top KDR people in TDM are generally playing range and farming the guys trying to spin with axes. That or couching. Usually both, you start with range, farm up the points, get a pony and spear and pick off people who aren't paying attention.

People raging about the skillcap are assuming that chambering and kicking will just never get fixed.

Edited to add -

I'm talking about the custom matches with up to 100 people. If you're talking about the skirmish matches with usually 3 v 3, I haven't really played those much in the last month. People are going to do 2h and try to spin though because that's what they did in Warband. The people topping the leaderboard in every other gamemode are doing ranged to farm points, then horses.

It is however incredibly disingenuous, even dishonest, to say that combat isn't better.
Okay. What is better? It has countless problems, well documented, that Warband doesn't have.
Overall it's better as it removes a lot of the janky, exploitable stuff and lays a better foundation for competitive play.
Like what? What is this "janky, exploitable stuff"? You see, I find it awfully suspicious that people who criticise warband for this never mentions specifics. Smells awfully like somebody doesn't know what he's talking about. Meanwhile, Bannerlord is full of well-documented inconsistencies like variable attack delays, imprecise cav swings, character-height related wackiness, etc. These things are the very definition of jank!
With chambering back in and kicks fixed you'll have a much thicker skill band and the inclusion of classes with different mobility, perks and relative weaknesses you create more rock/paper/scissors options instead of just everyone in best in slot.
This is patent nonsense. There still is best in slot, most choices are objectively bad. Bannerlord's balance system is as if it was created for a game with totally different mechanics.
Teamwork is a skill and a far more difficult one than just mechanical timing.
Right. So Bannerlord does this better by having jankier combat?

I played both MP and SP.

Was it a SP demo that got early release? No, it was MP only and you don't even have to PAY for it. In the beta about to be released tomorrow SP is only partially in but MP is getting a ton of work.
What's your point here lad.

Chambering needs fixed, kicks need fixed but they're in and intended to be fixed.
So we are correct in saying that combat isn't as good as Warband right now? ?
Combats going to be slower on a swing by swing basis and rotational speed is going to be capped which is part of what makes it feel 'slow'.
Again you completely glazed over my post, spinning is more than doable in Bannerlord, and what's more, I abuse it.
It's going to be way more teamwork intensive and pub games absolutely won't be easy to just dominate in.
Ya serious? I can top the TDM "pub" game with a little bit of effort everytime.
The creation of classes is virtually a requirement for high end comp play because when you give players absolute control over loadouts in any game you effectively remove the viability of everything other than best in slot.
Instead of a best set up it will literally just be best class and best perk for that class. It doesn't change anything. There is always a meta.[/quote]
It's why comp divisions had limits on troop types. Most competitive game environments have additional limitations above and beyond the vanilla match restrictions because of this - otherwise it's literally only best in slot.
None of the competitive games in Warband I've seen have had limits on troop types?

It is however incredibly disingenuous, even dishonest, to say that combat isn't better. Overall it's better as it removes a lot of the janky, exploitable stuff and lays a better foundation for competitive play. With chambering back in and kicks fixed you'll have a much thicker skill band and the inclusion of classes with different mobility, perks and relative weaknesses you create more rock/paper/scissors options instead of just everyone in best in slot. Teamwork is a skill and a far more difficult one than just mechanical timing.

I already adressed why most of this is bull**** but you realise mechanical skill and teamwork can go hand in hand? Like it did in Warband? The best teams have the best players for a reason, even if I work together perfectly with my clanmates it won't matter, they are better players. And that's how it should work.

In any case I've loaded into a Skirmish before with clan mates and got our asses handed to us by one skilled player in Bannerlord.

The top KDR people in TDM are generally playing range and farming the guys trying to spin with axes. That or couching. Usually both, you start with range, farm up the points, get a pony and spear and pick off people who aren't paying attention.
Nope, I can quite literally take a 2 handed class and just spin around and pick up 40 kills and top the leaderboards faster.

People raging about the skillcap are assuming that chambering and kicking will just never get fixed.
There is much more than this to be fixed. See Scarf Ace's post above mine he points it out well.

Can I say that I think I know a lot about Mount & Blade SP (I have way TOO many hours on it) even though I'm recruit rank and never partecipated in any discussion on the forum nor I gave basically any help with the beta test (only like 20 hours on it) ? No? Well that's fair but I hope you will read what I wrote anyway.
As I said, I've always been a SP guy, although I'm really looking forward to competitive MP, that said, here's my point:
-I don't understand why so many people are so fed up with actual M&B pro players, they know what the deal is, they know a lot about combat mechanics etc. if Taleworlds listen to their precious feedback it would be good for (almost) all of us, also not every change in MP must also affect SP, I think that going for a more spectacular and appealing SP combat system while going for a more balanced and skilled-heavy MP combat system is perfectly doable and would greatly improve our Bannerlord experience as a whole, if that's not the case, finding a balance between the two would also be fine (even though I think it would result in a less polished combat system for both SP and MP).
And honestly I will add one more thing, while I strongly believe what I said in my point before I also think that some of the pros have a really not-nice way of communicating (to say the least) and it's always a down because it's really counterproductive for everyone.
I apologize if the comment is hardly readable (still got to go to sleep) and if I probably repeated things already said infinite times, and by the way I don't want to offend anyone's opinion on the matter, just wanted to give my unrequested 2 cents, I hope you all will have a great day and be ready for tomorrow!
TL;DR Critics and feedbacks are great, being an ass is not.

Okay. What is better? It has countless problems, well documented, that Warband doesn't have.

Like what? What is this "janky, exploitable stuff"? You see, I find it awfully suspicious that people who criticise warband for this never mentions specifics. Smells awfully like somebody doesn't know what he's talking about. Meanwhile, Bannerlord is full of well-documented inconsistencies like variable attack delays, which are the very definition of jank!

This is patent nonsense. There still is best in slot, most choices are objectively bad. Bannerlord's balance system is as if it was created for a game with totally different mechanics.

Right. So Bannerlord does this better by having jankier combat?

Animations in Warband are best described as 'janky'. Blocks are literally instantaneous. I get that it's easier - which is the whole point. No real rotational speed limits for turning.

We're all struggling with variables in attack speed, best way to deal with it is practice with specific weapons - which is, again, a good foundation for a better skill cap. Input delays need to go away but the concept is solid and being improved.

There will always be a mechanical best in slot - the point of classes is that you can't always play best in slot. You want best in slot armor options or mobility you literally won't have access to BiS weapons.

Again, your argument is based on 'chambering doesn't work and kicks don't work so it's not as good'. Except everything else about it is better and while people don't like them, variations between attack speeds between weapons will be a good thing when chambering and kicks work. It'll be harder to GIT GUD than warband, no question. That's the point.

Posts like this need to stop. This statement has no value here. Either give actual details to back up your opinions, or don't post.

Your against anti-troll propaganda propagandistic post should be censored by the secret service of the international state!
Unless you have real argues to prove that my statement is invalid without argues, which in this case the argues are futile, because you don't bring argue for proving in your face obvious things like grass is green and ... hammer is blunt.

Can I say that I think I know a lot about Mount & Blade SP (I have way TOO many hours on it) even though I'm recruit rank and never partecipated in any discussion on the forum nor I gave basically any help with the beta test (only like 20 hours on it) ? No? Well that's fair but I hope you will read what I wrote anyway.
As I said, I've always been a SP guy, although I'm really looking forward to competitive MP, that said, here's my point:
-I don't understand why so many people are so fed up with actual M&B pro players, they know what the deal is, they know a lot about combat mechanics etc. if Taleworlds listen to their precious feedback it would be good for (almost) all of us, also not every change in MP must also affect SP, I think that going for a more spectacular and appealing SP combat system while going for a more balanced and skilled-heavy MP combat system is perfectly doable and would greatly improve our Bannerlord experience as a whole, if that's not the case, finding a balance between the two would also be fine (even though I think it would result in a less polished combat system for both SP and MP).
And honestly I will add one more thing, while I strongly believe what I said in my point before I also think that some of the pros have a really not-nice way of communicating (to say the least) and it's always a down because it's really counterproductive for everyone.
I apologize if the comment is hardly readable (still got to go to sleep) and if I probably repeated things already said infinite times, and by the way I don't want to offend anyone's opinion on the matter, just wanted to give my unrequested 2 cents, I hope you all will have a great day and be ready for tomorrow!
TL;DR Critics and feedbacks are great, being an ass is not.

PROTECT THIS MAN AT ALL COSTS

Back
Top Bottom