SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cozur said:
Just for the record, Bastard Swords are not meant to be used on horseback. They are intended to be used as two-handed swords. Making them work from horseback will make your character overpowered and unbalanced.

I repeat, two-handed swords not being able to be used in one hand is not a bug.

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Bastard_Sword

The Bastard Sword is a Two-Handed/One-Handed Weapon; you can use it as a One-Handed Sword (earning experience toward your One-Handed Weapons proficiency) and equip a shield, or use it as a Two-Handed Sword (earning experience toward your Two-Handed Weapon proficiency) without a shield. One-handed use incurs a 35% penalty to speed and damage.

This weapon is based on the historical Longsword, a heavy Arming Sword with an extended handle for two-handed use. Favored by those who fight on foot as often as on horseback

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword

Hand and a half sword
A Hand and a half sword, colloquially known as a "bastard sword", was a sword with an extended grip that could be used with either one or two hands. These swords did not provide a full two-hand grip but they allowed its wielders to hold a shield or parrying dagger in their off hand, or to use it as a two-handed sword for a more powerful blow.[32] These should not be confused with a longsword, which is always intended to be used with two hands, but is not as large as the Zweihänder.

I get the two handed greatswords not being able to use on horseback, but bastard swords could be used both one handed and two handed.

And by the way this mod rocks Cozur, thanks for your hard work.

Epicrules said:
Yeah, and that's Native. This is not Native. In the end, everything here depends entirely on Cozur's decisions, so where aren't you following?

I realize Cozur decisions are really the only thing that matters. That's why I'm just pointing out that bastard swords can be used one handed. Follow?

Well but Anderthalbhänder (Bastardswords) were not meant to fight with in one hand over a long time. It's just too heavy and too long, if you swing if with power you will not be able to control it good enough. Of course you can use it one handed for some manoveurs but not over a long time. I think it is fine as it is.

One Question, is it possible to reactivat the fighting moves of 0.7? I liked them very much and I just wanted to use them. I know that you (Cozur) said you didn't like them and deactivated them for that reason.

Sorry for my bad english.

Finje said:
Well but Anderthalbhänder (Bastardswords) were not meant to fight with in one hand over a long time. It's just too heavy and too long, if you swing if with power you will not be able to control it good enough. Of course you can use it one handed for some manoveurs but not over a long time. I think it is fine as it is.

One Question, is it possible to reactivat the fighting moves of 0.7? I liked them very much and I just wanted to use them. I know that you (Cozur) said you didn't like them and deactivated them for that reason.

Sorry for my bad english.

I haven't played the game but reading from people playing it, they say that the North can declare war against the riverlands and so on. Is it possible to keep it truer to the books and make sure the two don't make war on each other? I'm way too invested in these books for my own good health, yes.

From personal experience in the game, unless you influence a lord the North typically allies itself with riverlands and only declares war on the reach and westerlands.

I had a war between Riverlands and all his neighbours, including north. I don't know why. There were no lords that deflected. I guess something went wrong with the multi-fraction-alliances that can be build. But except for that war, they were peaceful and even re-allied later on.

Hey so ive been playing this mod for a while and ive been wanting to get my hands on a valyrian steel sword, i read in the mod that you can obtain them by defeating the wielders in combat but does this mean killing them in the field or defeating there army. Also what characters carry valyrain steel? i assumed it was all the leaders....

robertwilsong said:
Hey so ive been playing this mod for a while and ive been wanting to get my hands on a valyrian steel sword, i read in the mod that you can obtain them by defeating the wielders in combat but does this mean killing them in the field or defeating there army. Also what characters carry valyrain steel? i assumed it was all the leaders....

I believe they are Lynn Corbray of Vale, Drumm of Iron Islands and Randyll Tarly of the Reach. But you do not get their sword each time you defeating them or even capturing them.

I've encountered a problem where it's a train villagers mission and when i enter the fight with the bandits after training my game crashes and i get a popup saying Couldn't load "Textures\min_itm_armor_nor_shirts.spec.dds"  Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

Im at about 500 days and the game has started crashing alot more frequently.  Not sure what caused the shift but thats ok I am getting kinda bored anyway.  Waiting for 0.9 now :smile:

It would be very funny if the many Khalassar dothraki would be independant factions. I don't see Quarth on the map too. If i'm remember well, there's 3 or 4 khalassar with their own Khal. We can see it in the season two when Daenerys is travelling in the red desert.

Thx a lot again for the mod, and don't forget, the night is dark and full of terrors.

darklordhawk said:
Im at about 500 days and the game has started crashing alot more frequently.  Not sure what caused the shift but thats ok I am getting kinda bored anyway.  Waiting for 0.9 now :smile:

VictorSwamp said:
Well, actually some khalasars were in the area of Pentos and Volantys in the books.

If you get there early enough in the game there are at least 2 named Khalasars in the area of Pentos. A bit further south there are groups of Dothraki Raiders that form into a huge Khalasar. Be sure to bring along a lot of troops when tackling them.

Back
Top Bottom