SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I happen to  have a suggestion/ Request or two...
I was curious of if perhapse you were considering adding religions to the mix, like brytenwala. The North with they're old gods, Rhollor the Red, The Faith, The faceless God....
I'm just curious because I'd really like to go crusader on some septs.
Old Gods all the way!! Woot! Woot!

OakenRivers said:
I was curious of if perhapse you were considering adding religions to the mix, like brytenwala. The North with they're old gods, Rhollor the Red, The Faith, The faceless God....

Sure, just send me the codes needed to implement religion and I'll do it right away.

Cozur said:
OakenRivers said:

Sure, just send me the codes needed to implement religion and I'll do it right away.

I haven't played any M&B mods that weren't ACOK in a while (mostly just because I don't **** with M&B enough to do anything else with it), but there are some mods that incorporate religion, aren't there? If you're interested in putting it into the mod, you might think about discussing it with the creators of those mods.

Is it impossible to get anybody to ever give me a trade agreement?  I sent gifts to vale til I had +50 relations with them and then sent Serol Lynaqo who has 9 Persuasion to get a deal and still nothing. 

Also, armies respawn WAY too fast.  I declared war on Pentos from my residence in Bravos. I led 300 troops in an invasion of Pentos and wiped out every lord but by the time I reached my first city I was down to 110.  And inside that city were half of the Lords I'd beat with 50 troops each (except the most current victories).  The only way Ive found of conquering kingdoms is to just keep wandering around capturing Lords til you have all of a factions leadership in prison. Ive conquered the northern 4 kingdoms of Essos and Kings Landing but now Im facing like 45 Lords from Westerlands and I just do not think there is any way to win when they respawn in like 48 game hours each.  Maybe Lords could respawn at the same rate but they start with nooby troops coming first and get heavy cav and elite missile troops later? 

Also, this isnt as important but is it possible to switch our faction culture to something besides Stormlands? 

And last question, why cant we recruit location specific troops, like Gold Cloaks, or troops specific to practically every major city? 

BTW random question to players not cozur:  What factions have you noticed tend to be stronger or weaker?  In my game the only factions to ever be defeated by other NPC factions were those I damaged while I was still serving the Lannisters.  I wonder if I handt chosen the Vale and Iron Islands as my "training grounds" if they would have survived and someone else would have died?

Just thought of another question (sorry).  Would it be possible to make it so we gain ability to hold troops like NPCs?  Like Tywin Lannister is running around with an insane number.  Last I saw him, I could have sworn it said he had 900 guys with him.  He is lord of like 8 holdings (3 towns 3 castles and 2 villages I believe) and and King of maybe 70 holdings total.  I am Lord of 20 (10 towns, 7 castles and 6 villages) and King of about 50 holdings total  (these are all estimates).  Obviously his ability to hold 3 times more troops has to be due to his being an npc.  is there a way so the game looks at us the same way?

I have a lesser problem with the respawn rate of the lords, but their armys regain strength at a very high rate, especially their elite (at least I had that impression).

In 450+ days I haven't noticed any faction to be stronger than the others. So far I only fought against Braavos, Iron Isles, Westerlanders, the Reach, Dorne and the invasion. I have to admit though that the Lannister units are thougher than others, as they have big, elite armies with really good troops from what I saw. I am serving the North and one of the big issues is to get Lord Jon Umber, Bolton, Rickard Karstark and Robb south to fight in wars. Those big lords often deny their service to the marshal because of the character setting and distance in my game.

toughest i faced was the westlands and the reach, which makes sense since they're both 2 of the richest areas in westeros.
also has else come across some tournament prizes which don't appear like the goldenheart bow?

I'm vassal to Tywin and ironmen are the strongest units. Talking about the whole faction it was The North who took me more time to end. Targaryen are pussies.

Anyone ever notice formations AI not working properly? Seems like the NPC doesnt use formations at all, just seems to be a mad rush to middle. Dont know if perhaps I just got the settings wrong or what, but Ive tried every one including native AI with formations.. any further insight would be appreciated

darklordhawk said:
BTW random question to players not cozur:  What factions have you noticed tend to be stronger or weaker?

I've found that the Westerlands and Iron Islands have really tough units. Westerland Longbowmen have plate armor and Westerland knights are pretty tough as well (they were better pre .8 when they had sidearms and not just lances). Elite Ironborn Retainers are monsters. Large formations of them can be devastating especially when receiving an attack from a larger force.

I've also noticed the respawn rate for lords is pretty high if you're trying to end a faction. I started refusing to sell them back ever (until they escaped ofc)

amacd said:
darklordhawk said:
BTW random question to players not cozur:  What factions have you noticed tend to be stronger or weaker?

I've found that the Westerlands and Iron Islands have really tough units. Westerland Longbowmen have plate armor and Westerland knights are pretty tough as well (they were better pre .8 when they had sidearms and not just lances). Elite Ironborn Retainers are monsters. Large formations of them can be devastating especially when receiving an attack from a larger force.

I've also noticed the respawn rate for lords is pretty high if you're trying to end a faction. I started refusing to sell them back ever (until they escaped ofc)

Yep I had to do the same thing.  My honor rating is horrendous but its the only way to avoid battling the same guy 18 times

And Im enjoying reading your guys' accounts of which factions are powerful.  I havent compared stats of different troops and havent fought enough Westerlands armies to be certain but I do know which factions I preferred fighting due to their weaknesses. 

Now heres a wild question:  In your opinions, which faction has the coolest armors?  :lol:

I joined the Targ invasion and noticed that some of their troops are in the wrong class groups.  ex. Targ Knights marked as Archers.  Easy fix through our end though.  Also noticed that some of the targ knights would start battles without a mount. 

Also Viper's Watch, just south of Stonehelm in the stormlands, is linked to King's Landing way up north in the crownlands.

darklordhawk said:
amacd said:
darklordhawk said:

Yep I had to do the same thing.  My honor rating is horrendous but its the only way to avoid battling the same guy 18 times

And Im enjoying reading your guys' accounts of which factions are powerful.  I havent compared stats of different troops and havent fought enough Westerlands armies to be certain but I do know which factions I preferred fighting due to their weaknesses. 

Now heres a wild question:  In your opinions, which faction has the coolest armors?  :lol:

I am a fan of Robb's armor, same that the big lords of the nord and man at arms use. I also liked the armor of the Holy Guard from Norvos.

The knight armor with custom sigil is also cool.

I must admit I would prefer the northern elite foot units (voulge and archers) would use something more distinctive than just chain mails (maybe the new cuir bouilli with sigil from the preview cozur gave us?), but I like the tough&poor northern style.

While we're on the topic of character appearances, I'm just putting it out there that I can't stand the head-dresses that 9/10 women have in this game (both in the original and the mod), is there any way to remove them?

Hello evryone.
First of all the mod is great, map is huge which is a big + for me.
But I found a few problems:
1. Stats and descreption of weapons do not mach ie. One handed/Two handed Bastard sword with str. requiment of 15 is actualy a two hander ( cannot wield shield) and cannot be used on horse back - bought the same weapon with same descreption  but diffrent model, same thing happens (cannot wield it with a shield, as a 2h cannot use on horse back),
2. Stats of Longsword's and Shortsword's are exactly the same in terms of lenght of the weapon and it speed, dmg is little bigger in Longswords by 2-3 points
3. Only weapon that had One handed/Two handed option beside the broken ones I listed erlier was a Heavy Spike Club (str requiment of 11 p.) and it worked correctly (could use with or without shield and on horse back) but my guess it was a weapon from vanilla M&B.
4. Travelling on map is buggy, when I click it seems my party foces herself to travel only on roads, avoiding any other terrine/wilds as much as possibile, sometimes circling whole map to get to point that was preaty close but there was no stright road to it.
5. Traveling at sea is wierd, party is circling a lot, choosing wierd paths, not sailing in stright lines.
I am sorry for my english as I write it in  a hurry, also my english skills are not so good, and I am sorry if any problems where mentioned before I just couldnt force myself to read 270 pages + :smile:

To make the bastard swords work from horseback do the following:

Download: Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor

1. place it in your clash of kings folder
2. run it
3. pick item editor
4. search for bastard
5. click check boxes for one hand attacks and one hand attacks from horseback for all bastard swords
6. save item
7. reboot game and enjoy the bastard sword from horseback and with shield.

This also works to add swords to the westerlands_knights who only have lances

Rivers said:

2. run it
3. pick item editor
4. search for bastard
5. click check boxes for one hand attacks and one hand attacks from horseback for all bastard swords
6. save item

Just for the record, Bastard Swords are not meant to be used on horseback. They are intended to be used as two-handed swords. Making them work from horseback will make your character overpowered and unbalanced.

I repeat, two-handed swords not being able to be used in one hand is not a bug.

Cozur said:
Rivers said:

2. run it
3. pick item editor
4. search for bastard
6. save item

Just for the record, Bastard Swords are not meant to be used on horseback. They are intended to be used as two-handed swords. Making them work from horseback will make your character overpowered and unbalanced.

I repeat, two-handed swords not being able to be used in one hand is not a bug.

Then we need description on them like on those big zweihanders (or hvy xbows) that they cannot be used on horse back so people wont waste their hard erned coin. Or mby those weapons could be used on horse back but ony as two handers (no shield equiped) and could do only left and right swing (no thrust)? But its realy up to you man.

Back
Top Bottom