Your Favourite Weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread

A one-handed battle axe with a huscar shield or round shield when playing a Nord.

Military Hammer for blunt, capturing prisoners and nice looks. I'm starting to like the 2h hammers for brutal melee and block crushing.

For Piercing definately the Morningstar.

In multiplayer I always get a pike when playing Rhodoks in an open field.

Depends on game phase. I find axes quite effective at the beginning, then swords, and with good skill development piercing weapons are a must in the late stages.

My favorite is the lance: great for stabbing from horseback and the occasional couching.
For secondary weapon I pick anything that looks good :smile: At the moment I'm liking the Sarranid arming sword.

-Heavy morningstar for general ****-slappery
OR
-Military hammer for prisoners

-Reinforced steel shield
-Masterwork nomad bow (PD 6, best combo of speed + power imo)
-Large bag of bodkin/khergit arrows

That's for maximum effectiveness, anyway (along with heavy heraldic armor of some sort and a heavy charger).

For sheer joy factor, probably either the bec de corbin or any of the cartoonishly large 2h axes. On foot, in heavy armor, soloing bandits. Whirlwind of death.

Gaunt said:
No doubt about it, the scimitar, I also like a short arming sword.

The club with spike was cool before they made it long. Baseball ftw.
all it takes is a simple tweak in the text files. baseballe dost rocketh.

War Hammer, edited to be useable on horseback.

Great range and speed and good damage types for armored enemies, aka the only challenge in the game.

I've also become pretty partial to bows and crossbows as well. They deserve a special place in the heart.

... well, more towards the temple actually. maybe the eyes.

Another vote for Masterwork Long Arming Sword. Great for every occasion.

And for Siege defence - the humble Polearm, the damage is right on par with the big axes and bardiches and its180 length means I can chop from safe distance :smile:

Balanced Elite Scimitar if I'm out killing bandits and low level/low armor enemies.

Heavy Morningstar if I'm going up against heavily armored tier 4 and 5 troops.

I suck with any polearm unless I'm on foot.

I arm all my companions with a balanced spiked mace.  Fast attack, decent damage but a bit hard to find. Pays for itself in prisoners and it can be used on horseback or in a tightly packed castle assault.

On Horseback it is crossbow and jousting lance (as this gets me prisoners instead of kills)
on foot it is usually crossbow together with one of the types of poleaxe

Theres truely nothing better then looking out over the quiet battlefield and seeing your enemies lying on the ground covered in crossbow bolts.  :twisted:

RalliX said:
Honestly, if Native allowed the Bec de Corbin to swing sideways, I'd use that as a polearm almost invariably. But that's why I play my own mod for SP.

It's easy enough to mod, It became my fave weapon after I did that.

Back
Top Bottom