What's with the 'civilian' tag on weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Why is it that I can bring a greatsword into town, but not a dagger or a blacksmithing hammer? I feel like this mechanic definitely needs a second pass, to make tools/daggers the only option for towns. It'd make gang brawls a lot more interesting and flavorful. Maybe even make weapon control a kingdom policy player / npc factions can implement? "Openly carrying arms is now banned in the Southern Empire", and now you can only fight with tools like the sickle or hoe when in a city!

I mostly agree as well, it would be nice to have it looked at, altho I can see it being low on the Devs todo list. But with daggers, if I was running a town I would prefer if people openly carried swords than secretly hidden daggers. I'd rather know the guy in front of me might stab me, instead of getting stabbed in the back.

But to be honest I just want to know what makes a weapon civilian for smithing. its fun making a good looking civilian sword but takes so long to make one that is actually civilian. maybe a tooltip that says what pieces are considered "civilian".

Why is it that I can bring a greatsword into town, but not a dagger or a blacksmithing hammer? I feel like this mechanic definitely needs a second pass, to make tools/daggers the only option for towns. It'd make gang brawls a lot more interesting and flavorful. Maybe even make weapon control a kingdom policy player / npc factions can implement? "Openly carrying arms is now banned in the Southern Empire", and now you can only fight with tools like the sickle or hoe when in a city!
Throwing knives and daggers, would be great! Otherwise both weapons makes no sense..

Back
Top Bottom