What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

One last thing because you once more pull a mcwiggum:
I don't see any mention of them inducing violence/acting like provocateurs. Undercover work is an essential and necessary part of police work, even more so in a context of violent extremists.

Wellenbrecher said:
One last thing because you once more pull a mcwiggum:
I don't see any mention of them inducing violence/acting like provocateurs. Undercover work is an essential and necessary part of police work, even more so in a context of violent extremists.

This. He's an undercover agent** inside a violent organization. I don't know how common that is outside of germany but its pretty normal here. According to you it's "Gibts ein V-Mann in uns'rer Mitte schmeißen wir die Bullen von der Klippe".
How does any of this justify arson, plundering, violence, etc?

**police officer fits better

Amontadillo? said:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:
Its not okay to harm people and in that case their grievances should be put through the proper channels.
But I don't see them harming people other than the cops.
Shock horror: Cops are people.  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shock horror: psychological harm through destruction of property is a thing.  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This sort of thing is the most important point; it is not just the temporary loss of a material thing. It's not like your car being damaged by a tree falling on it, someone destroyed it for no good reason. Seeing a masked group rampaging down the street like they own everything is a frightening thing; what do you (Omzdog, if I have remembered your name correctly) suppose would have happened to a car owner if they had gone outside and protested that the rioters shouldn't be doing it? Do you think the rioters would have meekly apologised and left the owner and his car alone, or do you think the owner might have been threatened, intimidated and maybe assaulted? Because acting as they did implied that common decency and moral boundaries and respect for other people meant little to them. They were excited members of a mob and anyone who opposed them would be deluded to feel safe, because such people are high on their sense of power and convinced of their combined right to do as the group wills.

Wellenbrecher said:
You're a horrible human being.
You despise human beings based on essentially nothing.
You are willing to see those people seriously hurt while praising the people that do the hurting.

So in short:
**** you. People like you ruin this planet.

That's excessive, he's a thoughtful person who has a different viewpoint, and I didn't see him actually praising the rioters. But it is not an absolutely straightforward subject (though broadly speaking I am very much of a similar mindset to you on this matter, Wellen). There is of course a pyschological realisation that violence is bad and that police are people too, and the rioters feel safe partly because of their numbers but also because they know that the police, despite the equipment that Omzdog maintains makes them a less deplorable target for violence than a civilian, are not likely to significantly harm the rioters because they are not just another gang as he said they are. They have moral and legal standards to maintain and thankfully they generally are held to those standards in western European countries. So although the rioters are not attacking defenceless people, they are often vicious and definitely indulging unjustified violent urges against people they know aren't going to respond with equal abandon. It's quite cowardly violence for no good reason and ultimately thrives because these individuals are thrilled to be part of a mob and relish the combined power and sense of safety.

He denied thousands of citizens of this country their most basic human and civil rights because of their job choice. Not their choice to be there for the riots, but the general choice of their jobs which 99% has nothing to do with these events and is an inherently beneficial service to the community*.

I don't know about you, but I find that rather a despicable behaviour and a deplorable conviction.

*No I'm not saying that all cops are saints or that cops never do wrong, but the institution itself is one of the necessary pillars for a civilised society in our current world.

Captured Joe said:
Wellenbrecher said:
He denied thousands of citizens of this country their most basic human and civil rights
Did he misgender them?
:iamamoron:

On a more serious note:
Article 1.1 of the German constitution:
(1) Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar. Sie zu achten und zu schützen ist Verpflichtung aller staatlichen Gewalt.
->
(1) Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state
authority.

Article 2.2 of the german constitution:
(2) Jeder hat das Recht auf Leben und körperliche Unversehrtheit. Die Freiheit der Person ist unverletzlich. In diese Rechte darf nur auf Grund eines Gesetzes eingegriffen werden.
->
(2) Every person shall have the right to life and physical integrity. Freedom of the person shall
be inviolable. These rights may be interfered with only pursuant to a law.

UN Human Rights charta has more along the same lines o course.

/edit
Or would it be more relevant if I were to quote the passages about property and "ownership" in general? There's so much basic stuff he casually denied to thousands upon thousands of people "because cops though".

Wellenbrecher said:
He denied thousands of citizens of this country their most basic human and civil rights because of their job choice. Not their choice to be there for the riots, but the general choice of their jobs which 99% has nothing to do with these events and is an inherently beneficial service to the community*.
Pls point me to the post or posts in which I call for infringing on the rights of police officers in this thread.

Lumоs said:
I sometimes wonder why I'm even here. Today, however, isn't one of these times. This **** thread. :lol:

no this is just classic omzdog  :lol:
he writes in riddles that never make sense
its like he wants to be read like some prose.

He has a viewpoint he is staunchly, if somewhat vaguely, attached to with basically little to no rationally thought out reasons before hand. He comes up with it on the fly. Kind of like how people end up generally scorning the police just because they hear kids on the block yelling "**** da polis" over and over (aka social conditioning) without having thought the reasoning out themselves. When you question them, they frazzle.

I'll be the first to admit that my style of rhetoric is repugnant.
But the part about social conditioning and "fug da polis" is unfortunately a misrepresentation of whats happening.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:
Wellenbrecher said:
Pls point me to the post or posts in which I call for infringing on the rights of police officers in this thread.

You said about 3954 times that it's ok to attack cops cuz 'muh V-Mann' or 'muh evil cops'

Back
Top Bottom