What is going on with the armour 3d modelling?

Users who are viewing this thread

The idea that you can use lamellar mail as a coif is just ridiculous, it would be almost impossible to turn your head properly.

you refer to those khuzaite helmets that many of their lords are wearing, right? those also bothered me. this is what they should look like instead:
medieval-asian-lamellar-helm-helmet-armor-1.jpg

you refer to those khuzaite helmets that many of their lords are wearing, right? those also bothered me. this is what they should look like instead:
medieval-asian-lamellar-helm-helmet-armor-1.jpg

I think he refered to the sturgian lordy helmet (I call this model " tenderly " the ravioli helmet):

1MHr-.jpg

A simulation of what that same helmet would look like without those ugly metal square plates and an improved chain mail texture. Much better imo.

---
That helmet with aventail lamellar you mentioned would be interesting for the Khuzait heavy cavalry and also for household guards. Although it is of Chinese influence (like so many others), this type of helmet would be plausible...why not? (very comfortable it wasn't indeed)

I think he refered to the sturgian lordy helmet (I call this model " tenderly " the ravioli helmet):

1MHr-.jpg

A simulation of what that same helmet would look like without those ugly metal square plates and an improved chain mail texture. Much better imo.

---
That helmet with aventail lamellar you mentioned would be interesting for the Khuzait heavy cavalry and also for household guards. Although it is of Chinese influence (like so many others), this type of helmet would be plausible...why not? (very comfortable it wasn't indeed)
It looks much better with out the brass rectangles. I would also try shortening the nose piece and decrease the eye holes.

nah, he sepcifically said "lamellar coif". the sturgian 'condom helmet' doesn't have lamellar. i'm pretty sure he meant the helmets worn by soem of the khuzaite lords that have "lamellar chinstraps" which look terribly stupid. i wanted to take a screenshot via the cheat menu but the game crashed. :grin:

It looks much better with out the brass rectangles. I would also try shortening the nose piece and decrease the eye holes.

Without a doubt this helmet is an exotic Tutti frutti. This nasal protection has nothing to do with Kievan rus and its panoply.

Fgb8e.jpg

---
Earlier I said not to derail the subject and then I go and start derailing ? . The topic that should occupy us is the new armor sets and the next...

I think these kind of posts are important and I support the cause.
Also, I like ravioli, but not on my helmets.

Personally, I would love for some of the armors to have more volume to them - not only like in the examples from this thread , but also conceptually - anyone remember the samurai armors from the onin no ran mod for M&B? I loved how they did the shoulder armor. Maybe some designs for the khuzait could take inspiration?

Edit: Page one has a post with a nice picture of a great candidate for interesting shoulder khuzait armor (see bottom left)

I would like them to make a remake of the khergit lancer's armor
latest
jBaemFj.png

Last edited:
The real problem with all this is that there has not been a direction that sets a minimum standard; here everyone (different 3d modellers) has done what they wanted.
I refer to the facts, how many textures of mail are there in Bannerlord? Why is there a noticeable difference in texture quality between them?

Curiously enough, my favourite mail texture is not applied to any body armour, but to certain head gear. Notice how far apart the two textures of the coif and the "new" battanian armour are in terms of quality. Abysmal.The rings of the coif have the right size, brightness, volume and colour. The rings of the new model...oh boi...

Vxrza.jpg

The rings of different chain mail assemblies on the right side of the image are real examples of where Bannerlord could be inspired. They are not in-game textures

In Bannerlord we find quite another mess with the mail... we find models where we can see noticeable differences in quality (low resolution), size and brightness.

Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be logical to use a single texture of mail available in every texture pool for any 3d modeller?

I see the same lack of consistency everywhere in game. Models and textures and placement in particular.

The difference in quality between these textures is huge. I want all chainmail to be consistent with the quality of the coif pictured. Just use the same texture for all of it. Armor will be more visually compatible. Lower file size. Higher quality. Easier and less time consuming to create / modify.

Amateurs.

Last edited:
I really like this armor.For the kingdom of Vlandia

Historical accuracy doesn't matter, Bannerlord isn't trying to be 100% based off our world...

That being said, its clearly going for a particular aesthetic and theme. Plate armour does not fit that aesthetic. So nty. A late middle ages mod would be fun though.

Historical accuracy doesn't matter, Bannerlord isn't trying to be 100% based off our world...

That being said, its clearly going for a particular aesthetic and theme. Plate armour does not fit that aesthetic. So nty. A late middle ages mod would be fun though.
Unless they do some romanesque muscle chestpieces. That would have an early byzantine feel and would also be owesome.

I love that they made a separate model for the highland mail shoulder, I still bought it for my companion despite the stats. I'm also glad that they corrected the tartan pattern. Credits to you for making this happen, thanks.

Lets hope the next armour they release are of high quality.

Back
Top Bottom