So it seems the game's still riddled with memory issues

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
5 times in the past week + 1 today (I finally decided to try playing the game, still needs heavy modding to even be viable though, balancing and core gameplay are still crap, worst part's that what needed balancing needed depth increase, instead we got 50 million nerfs and the game became even more dull without mods) - back on track, the thing about these "not enough memory to allocate" is that to your average user, it'd make sense, game's heavy on resources, but with me it's a whole different story because I have 32gb of RAM and 12gb of gRAM, if the game can't work with 44gb of memory than I'd say the GAME IS THE PROBLEM...

I think that on a practical level, the technical abilities from the devs responsible for the engine memory allocation are not very good at their job. This engine's still running as if we were on a Beta, and we told TW that releasing the game in the state it was wasn't feasible, it was clearly incomplete and lacking several development segments to even be considered, they didn't listen...

At any rate, I expect many people are facing the same absurd issues as I am, idk where TW wants to go for their future, but at every turn they seem to be making sure their reputation gets wrecked... :facepalm:

5 times in the past week + 1 today (I finally decided to try playing the game, still needs heavy modding to even be viable though, balancing and core gameplay are still crap, worst part's that what needed balancing needed depth increase, instead we got 50 million nerfs and the game became even more dull without mods) - back on track, the thing about these "not enough memory to allocate" is that to your average user, it'd make sense, game's heavy on resources, but with me it's a whole different story because I have 32gb of RAM and 12gb of gRAM, if the game can't work with 44gb of memory than I'd say the GAME IS THE PROBLEM...

I think that on a practical level, the technical abilities from the devs responsible for the engine memory allocation are not very good at their job. This engine's still running as if we were on a Beta, and we told TW that releasing the game in the state it was wasn't feasible, it was clearly incomplete and lacking several development segments to even be considered, they didn't listen...

At any rate, I expect many people are facing the same absurd issues as I am, idk where TW wants to go for their future, but at every turn they seem to be making sure their reputation gets wrecked... :facepalm:

Yes, there seems to be memory issues, causing crashes as well. People are getting crashes when doing intensive GPU work - Sieges, walk through village etc. This implies texture problems (old cache) or mem allocation problems. I had to upgrade my GPU from 8G mem to 24G mem, to "work-around" my crashing problems. ..Smells like a rotting rogue pointer bug ...

yes, there still are memory issues, if you enter battles frequently iv found that if playing mostly auto battles ...you should be fine for about 2-3 hours longer ( on a 6-7 hours playing session...), im talking about an 80-90 age character ( your character...)

very sad to see this this game has had a funny history with this issue, one patch issue gets fixed the next its popping up again , im TELLING YOU THE DAMN SCENES ARE the problem, in the past when there were randomly generated and not terrain bound scenes the memory issues were mostly kept at minimum...

switched from 1.1.5 to 1.2.9 and huge issues. CPU constantly at 100%. Load screen still on while voices are already heard. Each hit to enemy causes them to disappear and reappear and stutter. LOD for blood decals and cloth sim are killing immersion. 20 feet away and they're gone. Seems like all these efforts to improve memory is actually destroying the game. Perhaps this is why they've been silent. They cannot fix the memory issue.

Back
Top Bottom