What does the community want?

Which one of these best applies to you at the moment?

• I play Bannerlord Multiplayer

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had dedicated servers.

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had multiplayer mods.

• I am a mod developer and am waiting for MP mods support.

• I am a mod developer and I need more SP modding support.

• I would play Bannerlord singleplayer if it were expanded further.

• I only play Bannerlord Singleplayer and am not interested in the Multiplayer experince

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Why am I required to understand or explain anything to you? You have proven that you're more or less the kind of person Sundeki was talking about.. throughout the 7 pages of this mess. You've also proven you are no better than the other party, in behavior - even if you admitted your fault. Call it bullying if you really want but this is just tiring. Incredibly tiring.

I want to say that Bannerlord enjoyers (90% steam positive reviews) should also have voice in this forum. Every player is a part of the community, not just the blackpilled forum rats.

I've been trying to get people on the Steam hub to open their eyes and convert to these forums, but I would prefer if people move over slowly and not an influx of 'em lol. I'm not the biggest fan of the doomer mentality, but I'm also not a fan of feeling my IQ drop from reading discussions on the Steam hub.

Last edited:
I'm curious. What is the real purpose of hard coding something as 'internal'?
It's to help ensure that certain data are not (directly) modified by code outside its group in an unintended way, and that's it. It's to minimize this: "Why did this data change? Oh it's because it got manipulated by this code way over that folder." Besides that it's just semantics. It makes no functional difference whatsoever.

You probably can already guess that you can make a perfectly functioning code without it. You'd be right. In fact there's a stupidly simple way to use access modifiers without blocking access or risking unintended changes. The problem about this access modifier, is that it forbids access, let alone modifying it. If there's a function like say, AI.startFighting(), and startFighting() is internal, your mod can't tell the AI to startFighting(). You wouldn't be able to mod myUnit.behaviorScript = myFixedSiegeAI if it was internal.

It's to help ensure that certain data are not (directly) modified by code outside its group in an unintended way, and that's it. It's to minimize this: "Why did this data change? Oh it's because it got manipulated by this code way over that folder." Besides that it's just semantics. It makes no functional difference whatsoever.

You probably can already guess that you can make a perfectly functioning code without it. You'd be right. The problem about this access modifier, is that it forbids access, let alone modifying it. If there's a function like say, AI.startFighting(), and startFighting() is internal, your mod can't tell the AI to startFighting(). You wouldn't be able to mod myUnit.behaviorScript = myFixedSiegeAI if it was internal.

Ok, yes, that's similar to what I thought. Interesting.

Thanks for your explanation.

Why am I required to understand or explain anything to you? You have proven that you're more or less the kind of person Sundeki was talking about.. throughout the 7 pages of this mess. You've also proven you are no better than the other party, in behavior - even if you admitted your fault. Call it bullying if you really want but this is just tiring. Incredibly tiring.
I've been trying to get people on the Steam hub to open their eyes and convert to these forums, but I would prefer if people move over slowly and not an influx of 'em lol. I'm not the biggest fan of the doomer mentality, but I'm also not a fan of feeling my IQ drop from reading discussions on the Steam hub.

Well, then I'm glad its tiring because no newbie would like to hear your blackpilled explanations outside the current forum circlejerk.
Never have I asked for an explanation.
Also, why the hell would you use the word "convert" as if this a cult of some sorts. You guys are insane.

Most people actually enjoy the game and are too afraid to post here.

"Most people" doesn't care if the game is trash or not they just move on to the next one
those who care enough to waste their time here talking to a wall are the one who truly dedicated their passion into this abomination

When I used to participate on the M&B subreddits, full of "the 90% positive", I would get harassing PMs, scores of downvotes for the slightest criticism, and dozens of "IT'S EA BRO STOP CRITICIZING THEY'RE WORKING HARD". If that's representative, then I'm perfectly happy with our "community" here.

I want to say that Bannerlord enjoyers (90% steam positive reviews) should also have voice in this forum.
What good is a voice if you have nothing to say?
These types making these thread have no knowledge to share, no ideas to suggest and not patience to actually document and report bugs.
AT best they're as bad as the worst :poop: posters and at worst they're ambient noise.

If you have something positive so say why can't you make a thread about something you enjoy in the game and way you like to play it that's satisfying to you? If all you do is try to shush people you're worse then a troll because at least a troll has humor.

Last edited:
If you have something positive so say why can't you make a thread about something you enjoy in the game and way you like to play it that's satisfying to you? If all you do is try to shush people you're worse then a troll because at least a troll has humor.
I cant do it because I will get jumped by doomer forum-rats. Literally, you're the one shushing me.

If you want to say something negative, why dont you make a thread and say the negative ****. This is supposed to be a positive discussion thread.
edit: I wont react to the first half of your post, because its straight up an insult.

What good is a voice if you have nothing to say?
These types making these thread have no knowledge to share, no ideas to suggest and not patience to actually document and report bugs.
AT best they're as bad as the worst :poop: posters and at best they're ambient noise.

You are not the one to decide who post positive stuff on this thread and negative stuff on whatever thread. Don't shush other community members.

Never have I asked for an explanation.
In all fairness, I wasn't talking to you but to gesh17 and I should've quoted them but maybe next time read the entire post. It would've made sense, no?

Also, why the hell would you use the word "convert" as if this a cult of some sorts. You guys are insane.
You are being more defensive than what's actually needed. I had no ill intent when I was comparing the boards. I love to break Bannerlord with mods, I still enjoy the game, I just like TW boards more because there are better topics there.

Calling us insane is a bit too much, though. Everything's going to be alright, I promise.

In all fairness, I wasn't talking to you but to gesh17 and I should've quoted them but maybe next time read the entire post. It would've made sense, no?

You are being more defensive than what's actually needed. I had no ill intent when I was comparing the boards. I love to break Bannerlord with mods, I still enjoy the game, I just like TW boards more because there are better topics there.

Calling us insane is a bit too much, though. Everything's going to be alright, I promise.
Sorry for calling you insane. I found it very weird that you would go out of your way to "open people's eyes" about the "truth". Unless I misunderstood that as well.

You are not the one to decide who post positive stuff on this thread and negative stuff on whatever thread. Don't shush other community members.
Hey bud, I gave you big post yesterday and you've nothing to say about it? What's up with that? Just saving it for a rainy day? Or did it completely undermines every single thing you've said about this forum and it's users? Were you hiding under you bed just waiting to poop a little 1 liner?
Here you go, here's your attention:
@gesha17 so the point of your topic is to post a simplistic poll, brag that 15k people play Bannerlord and to scold people for being negative on forums? I tried to answer you questions seriously but I keep reading this thread and having to go back to the OP to try and see what it's about and why the current discussion is happening.

I think that you @gesha17 and many other's that make these thread overly simplify and combine many types of opinions and posting behavior as "toxic cry baby" whatever. You shouldn't throw everything together, it's all particular people and types of expression.

1 real trolling and 1 liners, yeah they're common but they also funny sometimes and it's expression of a player dissatisfaction. It's okay. Some people are real Johnny on the spots with em too, great delivery, clean and simple. I mena a lot can't even be called trolling it's so clean. RIP @MostBlunted you are missed, let you one day return!

2 Big disgruntled :poop: posts, yeah people just have to say they're dissatisfied. What is a forum for if people can't express how they feel about the subject? You open the thread you see a rogues gallery of dissatisfied players. Here's a tip if you go open:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-keep-singleplayer.656/
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/singleplayer.676/
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord.528/
You'll hardily see these types of topics, you see real discussion of things in the game, problems in the game and what people really want in the game.

3 Yes sometime people will really dig into the Devs that post here to make negative statements about the devs in general, I don't like this and these people usually get banned pretty fast. I think most adults understand that the individual Devs are not master and commander of what they put in the game, they're fallowing thier management and thier are many elements that effect each thing in the game they can't control. Most people appreciate the Devs that do post an answer questions.

4 Big **** Player complaints about big **** player issues! Sometimes you have to go big and make noise about what's really important for the game! Sometimes absolutely awful things get updated in and it's paramount that they be corrected before it goes to the stable version! I play a lot of ****ign bannerlord, I cut the game open and crawl in it's belly like a starwars! When I have a serious problem I'm gonna meatspin it all around until I get a response! Most of those 15K player don't know **** about the mechanics to even know or complain when they have a problem! I do and I'm gonna roar like a big stinky lion when I want to! If an updates gonna **** in the jacuzzi I'm gonna stick my **** in the punch bowl and get attention about the problem!!
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...stion-or-bug-not-sure-so-it-goes-here.442955/
Yeah it might seem a little rude, but's a serious problem and needs attention. The TW to do list is full with dozens of minor annoyances so something more needs more attention then just a bug report! Plus the initial response was that it's not a bug, just it works in funky un-useful way. Only after multiple demonstrations of the problems it cause was it okayed for a NO check box. In past discussions it was conveyed that TW doesn't want a bunch check boxes for this stuff, so getting one added is more trouble that you might guess.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...y-hurry-and-give-us-full-control-soon.428077/
Hate is no no word, but I hate not being able to place troops before each fight! Getting continued reassurance that this feature is still coming someday is really important! This will make the basic gameplay SO MUCH BETTER!

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...nenjoyable-and-unbalanced.438163/post-9644998
Here's an oldy but goody, everyone dogpiles to complain about the leveling and the skills and lots of people realize they didn't even know the mechanics at all. Well, lots of the stuff people wanted has come fruition. The "level up =skill learning down" is removed in 1.5.10 and a Dev has said he's working on changing the slow skills to improve them and adding alt ways to get medicine and stuff.

Now I made a big boy response for you! Now give me that video of you breaking a board or a cinder block!
Feel free to re-state your point too if I got you wrong or whatever.
There's no up vote down vote here, either defend your position or be the clown! ?

Last edited:
Hey bud, I gave you big post yesterday and you've nothing to say about it? What's up with that? Just saving it for a rainy day? Or did it completely undermine every single things you've said about this forum and it's users? Were you hiding under you bed just waiting to poop a little 1 liner?
Here you go, here's your attention:
@gesha17 so the point of your topic is to post a simplistic poll, brag that 15k people play Bannerlord and to scold people for being negative on forums? I tried to answer you questions seriously but I keep reading this thread and having to go back to the OP to try and see what it's about and why the current discussion is happening.

I think that you @gesha17 and many other's that make these thread overly simplify and combine many types of opinions and posting behavior as "toxic cry baby" whatever. You shouldn't throw everything together, it's all particular people and types of expression.

1 real trolling and 1 liners, yeah they're common but they also funny sometimes and it's expression of a player dissatisfaction. It's okay. Some people are real Johnny on the spots with em too, great delivery, clean and simple. I mena a lot can't even be called trolling it's so clean. RIP @MostBlunted you are missed, let you one day return!

2 Big disgruntled :poop: posts, yeah people just have to say they're dissatisfied. What is a forum for if people can't express how they feel about the subject? You open the thread you see a rogues gallery of dissatisfied players. Here's a tip if you go open:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-keep-singleplayer.656/
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/singleplayer.676/
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord.528/
You'll hardily see these types of topics, you see real discussion of things in the game, problems in the game and what people really want in the game.

3 Yes sometime people will really dig into the Devs that post here to make negative statements about the devs in general, I don't like this and these people usually get banned pretty fast. I think most adults understand that the individual Devs are not master and commander of what they put in the game, they're fallowing thier management and thier are many elements that effect each thing in the game they can't control. Most people appreciate the Devs that do post an answer questions.

4 Big **** Player complaints about big **** player issues! Sometimes you have to go big and make noise about what's really important for the game! Sometimes absolutely awful things get updated in and it's paramount that they be corrected before it goes to the stable version! I play a lot of ****ign bannerlord, I cut the game open and crawl in it's belly like a starwars! When I have a serious problem I'm gonna meatspin it all around until I get a response! Most of those 15K player don't know **** about the mechanics to even know or complain when they have a problem! I do and I'm gonna roar like a big stinky lion when I want to! If an updates gonna **** in the jacuzzi I'm gonna stick my **** in the punch bowl and get attention about the problem!!
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...stion-or-bug-not-sure-so-it-goes-here.442955/
Yeah it might seem a little rude, but's a serious problem and needs attention. The TW to do list is full with dozens of minor annoyances so something more needs more attention then just a bug report! Plus the initial response was that it's not a bug, just it works in funky un-useful way. Only after multiple demonstrations of the problems it cause was it okayed for a NO check box. In past discussions it was conveyed that TW doesn't want a bunch check boxes for this stuff, so getting one added is more trouble that you might guess.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...y-hurry-and-give-us-full-control-soon.428077/
Hate is no no word, but I hate not being able to place troops before each fight! Getting continued reassurance that this feature is still coming someday is really important! This will make the basic gameplay SO MUCH BETTER!

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...nenjoyable-and-unbalanced.438163/post-9644998
Here's an oldy but goody, everyone dogpiles to complain about the leveling and the skills and lots of people realize they didn't even know the mechanics at all. Well, lots of the stuff people wanted has come fruition. The "level up =skill learning down" is removed in 1.5.10 and a Dev has said he's working on changing the slow skills to improve them and adding alt ways to get medicine and stuff.

Now I made a big boy response for you! Now give me that video of you breaking a board or a cinder block!
Feel free to re-state your point too if I got you wrong or whatever.
There's no up vote down vote here, either defend your position or be the clown! ?
I did not read your post, and I wont read this one and I don't have to. The first two lines are just an insult so no thanks.

I did not read your post, and I wont read this one and I don't have to. The first two lines are just an insult so no thanks.
Well everybody else reads it so they can see how wrong every single thing you've said is.
And of course I don't believe you, if you read my last comment you surely read all the others. You're just all out of fuel, resorting to little kindergarten lines.
Oh no you no read cuz too mean? Oh no "I" said shush too so me bad?
You must have burnt out all your T yesterday.

OK, so:
Derailing the thread.
Spam.
Disrespecting others' opinions.
Uncivilized manner of communication.
Personal attacks/insults.

I wouldn't like to see any more of these, otherwise warning points are gonna be like
giphy.gif

And eventually the thread might get
giphy.gif

Get back on topic, discuss the parts of the OP you think are valid or just simply vote and don't post...these and many other civil options are on the table.

Just like saying "Oh it's TW that makes us frustrated so we can lash out at them."
It's a company that sold me a product. They said, for instance (and this is only one of dozens of examples) that they expected Bannerlord to be in Early Access for "about a year". In that year, multiplayer has made almost zero progress:

The game is still a crash fest, there's been almost no new maps added, the combat is still an unbalanced mess, the servers keep crashing all the time, no new modes have been added, modding is non-existent, there's no custom server files, the modded custom servers from MisterOutOfTime annoyed someone in management so they patched the game and made it impossible to use his entirely separate master server that was hurting nobody, the class system which we were told back in 2018-2019 we would enjoy has been rejected by 66%-80% of the community in every single poll about the problem for the last two years and TaleWorlds refuses to make any changes to it whatsoever and refuse to compromise even in the slightest, there's no Duel gamemode(a must have), there's no Battle gamemode(another must have), you can't create more than one character, you can't create your own banner, small changes that completely unbalance the game (crushthrough) took 4 months to be resolved when it could've been fixed in a day.

Now we've been in Early Access for 14 months, and multiplayer is barely any better than it was 18 months ago. To make matter worse, TaleWorlds said that the game would be in Early Access for "about a year". But let's say development in early access stretches to 2 years. Or 3 years. In the last year we've seen 0 major content additions. Zero. The largest thing they made was the clan function which doesn't really do anything(and would do even less if there was custom servers). Even if it stays in early access for another 10 months, do you really think that TaleWorlds can get even a quarter of the problems I've listed rectified in that time? No. So after waiting since their first announcement almost a decade ago, after the game being in development for over 9 years, after having purchased the game over a year ago and seen zero worthwhile additions to the game in that time: as a paying customer I absolutely have a right to lash out at them. If I went to a restaurant and spent $35 on a pasta dish and was served Heinz Spaghetti and Meatballs, I would be well within my rights to be extremely upset, and "lash out". At least in that case I would get 1000 apologies and possibly my money back. And yet no refunds, not only no apology but zero real communication, and to top it all off; a whole bunch of people who are seemingly happy about spending $35 on Heinz Spaghetti and Meatballs are calling me an immature, entitled crybaby. See the issue?

I mean see what's happened here and look at this post that I shared earlier as well. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/thank-you-taleworlds-a-unique-perspective.443381/
The response this guy got was entirely in line with what he posted first. In that post he:

Directly called a whole section of the community "whiney and unrealistic", and we all know what he is implying here.
Actually called TaleWorlds "honest"
Told people to stop having what he calls "unrealistic expectations", which is an interesting irony considering my expectations couldn't be set lower or otherwise James Cameron would have to be sent to the Mariana trench to search for them.

People rolling their eyes and poking fun at him for essentially being both real and a forum caricature after that opening is entirely justified, especially since we know that if he had been in our shoes the last few years he would not be singing the same tune, which his ignorant position(which people wouldn't really care about on it's own) makes people upset when he combines it with clear and obvious direct attacks on the userbase who have a right to be upset. He's free to have his opinion and call us those things. We're free to respond in kind. If he had've just listed his suggestions about the game, and said that he had enjoyed much of the game so far, without all of the preamble directed at the community, he wouldn't have recieved more than a couple of sarcastic comments. He knew what he was doing.

Newer accounts are told that they are ignorant when they take the side of TW in any extent
Unless I have missed something (and I may have), but people who simply voice their opinions about e.g liking something aren't usually responded to. It's when they make inflaming statements that are unsubstantiated or based on a complete lack of knowledge surrounding the environment in this forum and the culture of TaleWorlds management, that other people respond to them negatively. There are of course some exceptions, and they are usually dealt with by moderators.

However, I came in and spoke from what I saw as people misunderstand what TW has told them, in the modding thread, and from there I had been called a white knight and been told to be quiet.
I took a quick read of your posts in that thread, and your general statement seems to be "We don't know precisely what is going on, and as such should wait until the patch before we make judgements" (correct me if I'm wrong).

TaleWorlds has stated on several occasions that moddability is extremely important to them(and it is and should be). The issue is that whatever pieces of the game have been tagged as "internal" makes those sections of code inaccessible or changeable to modders. The statement, and the action are at odds, as any part of the code that is inaccessible makes the game much more difficult to mod, regardless of what it is. And unless I may be wrong(my coding knowledge is quite poor), if they start making existing parts "internal", then that will break mods that have already altered that code, perhaps permanently breaking whole mods. For no real reason I might add.

Perhaps there should be an exclaimer somewhere, but telling people on this forum to be patient is more inflaming than any insult you can think of. The lies, PR speak, snails pace, and general state of affairs surrounding this game make people that have been waiting so long reasonably upset, and telling anyone to wait for anything at this point invites frustrated responses. I know I keep repeating this, but if you had been in and among the mess for as long as many of us, I would bet everything I own that you would be equally frustrated and on edge upon being told to be patient, even if that call of patience is reasonable.

TaleWorlds themselves, through both their actions and inactions, have cultivated this setting. Being calm, reasonable, patient, understanding, and not rocking the boat has achieved nothing meaningful, and we spent money months falling into that category. And so this forum will continue to get more and more frustrated, and more and more hostile towards TaleWorlds, and that frustration and hostility, which already exists to a reasonable extent elsewhere, will spread, and will continue to fester and grow until TaleWorlds management pull their heads from out of their ass, and start properly communicating with the community, and start making concessions, especially about multiplayer, since the Mount & Blade multiplayer community has been treated with little better than contempt for most of it's existence (there's a whole years-long saga about the multiplayer Warband community repeatedly getting snubbed and insulted, but my post is long enough already). Perhaps it isn't reasonable as gesha said. But at some point, conditions deteriorate that the state of affairs becomes totally unreasonable, and as a result the only response that can be made is one that could be is in and of itself "unreasonable". < This is where we are at, and a huge swathe of the community believes it. And this needs to be constantly repeated: TaleWorlds can make this end whenever they want, they hold all the power. They choose not to.

+1 Epic post full of everything you need to know if you didn't. May be too deep to read for the fresh enjoyers. :smile:

Here's how the OP would have been more successful.
Let's assume his intentions are principled and positive (a huge assumption judging by his posts), and he wants Bannerlord to be a better game for everyone. He sees a lot of negativity on the forum - he sees an opening for a more constructive communication with the developers, who (he assumes) are scared of the angry forum mob.

Instead of seeing them as an angry, irrational mob, he decides to spend some time reading the forum to understand the context. He doesn't rely on youtubers for his information, but on forum research. He lurks at first and participates in quality threads. He asks a lot of questions and gets a lot of answers. After a while, he becomes knowledgeable enough to understand what's going on.

Only now he can decide on a course of action. He painstakingly compiles a list of things players want, and runs a few polls to see if there is a consensus on those features. He gets in touch with some of the TW people and tests the waters with the suggestions from his list. By now, he has a decent forum reputation as a constructive and serious poster that cares about the game.

Now he acts. One way to do this would be a comprehensive suggestion list where he asks the developers for public feedback. Since it's a good list, he gets public support and people start badgering the devs to respond. Which they do, eventually and partially.

Now comes the tricky part. He tries to establish a channel of communication centered around the (community) list of suggestions and the feedback from the developers. He is responsible for keeping track of issues and curating the suggestions and player responses, while trying to get the needed feedback from the developers, despite their unwillingness to do it. He realizes he needs an iron will and unflinching courtesy, and even then he may fail and get ignored by the devs. But he gets on with it, for the sake of the community.

There are other ways to accomplish something along these lines, but this is the one we have tried in the past with some success, like here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...cess-roadmap-ready-for-you-taleworlds.440590/

The problem with OP is that he thought he could skip the homework part and start chatting with the devs as the only reasonable person on the forum, charming them with his sparkly personality and adequate knowledge of youtuber pronouncements about the game.

Last edited:
It's a company that sold me a product. They said, for instance (and this is only one of dozens of examples) that they expected Bannerlord to be in Early Access for "about a year". In that year, multiplayer has made almost zero progress:

The game is still a crash fest, there's been almost no new maps added, the combat is still an unbalanced mess, the servers keep crashing all the time, no new modes have been added, modding is non-existent, there's no custom server files, the modded custom servers from MisterOutOfTime annoyed someone in management so they patched the game and made it impossible to use his entirely separate master server that was hurting nobody, the class system which we were told back in 2018-2019 we would enjoy has been rejected by 66%-80% of the community in every single poll about the problem for the last two years and TaleWorlds refuses to make any changes to it whatsoever and refuse to compromise even in the slightest, there's no Duel gamemode(a must have), there's no Battle gamemode(another must have), you can't create more than one character, you can't create your own banner, small changes that completely unbalance the game (crushthrough) took 4 months to be resolved when it could've been fixed in a day.

Now we've been in Early Access for 14 months, and multiplayer is barely any better than it was 18 months ago. To make matter worse, TaleWorlds said that the game would be in Early Access for "about a year". But let's say development in early access stretches to 2 years. Or 3 years. In the last year we've seen 0 major content additions. Zero. The largest thing they made was the clan function which doesn't really do anything(and would do even less if there was custom servers). Even if it stays in early access for another 10 months, do you really think that TaleWorlds can get even a quarter of the problems I've listed rectified in that time? No. So after waiting since their first announcement almost a decade ago, after the game being in development for over 9 years, after having purchased the game over a year ago and seen zero worthwhile additions to the game in that time: as a paying customer I absolutely have a right to lash out at them. If I went to a restaurant and spent $35 on a pasta dish and was served Heinz Spaghetti and Meatballs, I would be well within my rights to be extremely upset, and "lash out". At least in that case I would get 1000 apologies and possibly my money back. And yet no refunds, not only no apology but zero real communication, and to top it all off; a whole bunch of people who are seemingly happy about spending $35 on Heinz Spaghetti and Meatballs are calling me an immature, entitled crybaby. See the issue?

The response this guy got was entirely in line with what he posted first. In that post he:

Directly called a whole section of the community "whiney and unrealistic", and we all know what he is implying here.
Actually called TaleWorlds "honest"
Told people to stop having what he calls "unrealistic expectations", which is an interesting irony considering my expectations couldn't be set lower or otherwise James Cameron would have to be sent to the Mariana trench to search for them.

People rolling their eyes and poking fun at him for essentially being both real and a forum caricature after that opening is entirely justified, especially since we know that if he had been in our shoes the last few years he would not be singing the same tune, which his ignorant position(which people wouldn't really care about on it's own) makes people upset when he combines it with clear and obvious direct attacks on the userbase who have a right to be upset. He's free to have his opinion and call us those things. We're free to respond in kind. If he had've just listed his suggestions about the game, and said that he had enjoyed much of the game so far, without all of the preamble directed at the community, he wouldn't have recieved more than a couple of sarcastic comments. He knew what he was doing.

Unless I have missed something (and I may have), but people who simply voice their opinions about e.g liking something aren't usually responded to. It's when they make inflaming statements that are unsubstantiated or based on a complete lack of knowledge surrounding the environment in this forum and the culture of TaleWorlds management, that other people respond to them negatively. There are of course some exceptions, and they are usually dealt with by moderators.

I took a quick read of your posts in that thread, and your general statement seems to be "We don't know precisely what is going on, and as such should wait until the patch before we make judgements" (correct me if I'm wrong).

TaleWorlds has stated on several occasions that moddability is extremely important to them(and it is and should be). The issue is that whatever pieces of the game have been tagged as "internal" makes those sections of code inaccessible or changeable to modders. The statement, and the action are at odds, as any part of the code that is inaccessible makes the game much more difficult to mod, regardless of what it is. And unless I may be wrong(my coding knowledge is quite poor), if they start making existing parts "internal", then that will break mods that have already altered that code, perhaps permanently breaking whole mods. For no real reason I might add.

Perhaps there should be an exclaimer somewhere, but telling people on this forum to be patient is more inflaming than any insult you can think of. The lies, PR speak, snails pace, and general state of affairs surrounding this game make people that have been waiting so long reasonably upset, and telling anyone to wait for anything at this point invites frustrated responses. I know I keep repeating this, but if you had been in and among the mess for as long as many of us, I would bet everything I own that you would be equally frustrated and on edge upon being told to be patient, even if that call of patience is reasonable.

TaleWorlds themselves, through both their actions and inactions, have cultivated this setting. Being calm, reasonable, patient, understanding, and not rocking the boat has achieved nothing meaningful, and we spent money months falling into that category. And so this forum will continue to get more and more frustrated, and more and more hostile towards TaleWorlds, and that frustration and hostility, which already exists to a reasonable extent elsewhere, will spread, and will continue to fester and grow until TaleWorlds management pull their heads from out of their ass, and start properly communicating with the community, and start making concessions, especially about multiplayer, since the Mount & Blade multiplayer community has been treated with little better than contempt for most of it's existence (there's a whole years-long saga about the multiplayer Warband community repeatedly getting snubbed and insulted, but my post is long enough already). Perhaps it isn't reasonable as gesha said. But at some point, conditions deteriorate that the state of affairs becomes totally unreasonable, and as a result the only response that can be made is one that could be is in and of itself "unreasonable". < This is where we are at, and a huge swathe of the community believes it. And this needs to be constantly repeated: TaleWorlds can make this end whenever they want, they hold all the power. They choose not to.
Amen

Back
Top Bottom