What does the community want?

Which one of these best applies to you at the moment?

• I play Bannerlord Multiplayer

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had dedicated servers.

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had multiplayer mods.

• I am a mod developer and am waiting for MP mods support.

• I am a mod developer and I need more SP modding support.

• I would play Bannerlord singleplayer if it were expanded further.

• I only play Bannerlord Singleplayer and am not interested in the Multiplayer experince

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello fellow raiders!

I've been following the discussion on some parts of the forum and Youtube and it seems to me there is a misalignment of the direction TW is going and what the community, at least the majority of it on the forums, wants. So, I propose we have a mature discussion about it, leaving all the hostility, frustrations and "TW DOESNT CARE ABOUT US" at the door.

Having said that let's not forget that TW delivered an insane game, I mean c'mon guys what other game supports 1000 NPC third person battles with such stunning visuals? In a lot of aspects it is a huge step forward from warband and I think that a lot people fail to give TW enough credit for that.

--------------------------

So...
Looking at Bannerlord's steam charts currently there are about 15k players per day, which I find interesting because the multiplayer servers have very few players. Yes there are a lot of people playing the recent Bannerlord Online mod (right now ~400 total). But still, I must presume those are 15k players are mostly singleplayer players.

Jumping into Warband multiplayer I saw that there is a considerably larger amount of players, compared to Bannerlord's multiplayer but compared to warband's steam charts there are around 4,5-5k players a day. So the logical deduction, it seems to me, is that a lot more players are choosing Warband's Multiplayer to Bannerlord's Multiplayer and vice versa for the singleplayer aspects. This seems to be reflected by the updates that we have had for Bannerlord - largely singleplayer focused.

Knowing that there is, even though somewhat limited, support for singleplayer modding and virtually no support for multiplayer modding and even server creation, the question is: How many players would actually want to partake in: Native Multiplayer, Modded Multiplayer, MP and SP mod development if these were available?

I invite all of you to vote in the POLL on this thread, it is important to know what the community actually wants.
Seeing how many thousands of players joined Bannerlord Online when it first launched this seems to indicate there is a huge demand for more online feature support, so let's see how true this actually is. I ask you to send this thread to your fellow warparty members, so we can get as many votes and responses as possible!

------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I want to know what YOU think.

Why is an expanded multiplayer experience important to you?
How important is the Warband/Bannerlord community to you?
Why is an expanded Singleplayer experience important to you?
What would you do if you were in Taleworlds shoes?

And, please! Keep it mature. Keep the bashing and blamegame on a separate thread. TW has been working on this masterpiece game for almost 10 years now and they delivered, don't forget that. It is normal and understandable to lose direction a little bit over a decade. I think we can all forgive them about this and help them to better understand the community's needs and steer the ship in the right direction!

Last edited:
I play singleplayer in its current state, and somehow you've excluded that option because it doesn't suit your narrative...
you're posting this on a forum with an existing divide between those who play singleplayer and those who play multiplayer; adding to the 'us vs. them' mentality
both groups should care for the game as a whole.
i'm fairly certain there exist two devteams; one for multiplayer and one for singleplayer. so priorities aren't solely focused on one part

Apologies, I have to say that I play both. I have fun in both multiplayer and singleplayer, supporting a us vs them mentality is not my idea. And yes, I do feel that the multiplayer aspect is being neglected more than it should be, and the idea here is to see if this is true and not a personal bias. But you are right I should have added that option, it is added now.

Well, you are easily pleased. "They delivered" is definitely not true for many people who followed the development. That it's a unique game doesn't make this true, it means we are hostages to the developers for the moment, until a competitor is made.
If you are making polls, at least try not to pass value judgements and stay neutral.

- Because i'd like to experience this game with my friends the same way as we rode to war in Warband MP, but bigger and better this time!
- It's the only pillar keeping the game standing.
- I fell in love with the SP aspects of the game before I played MP. But to be honest the native branch never really pulled me in, the mods that took me to my childhood fantasy realms.
- Release game + full mod support. Close the entire shop and count the $$ whilst the modders take over the legacy

Edit: btw the so called hostilities are not without reason, TW has proven countless times to be an incompetent studio

Last edited:
Well, you are easily pleased. "They delivered" is definitely not true for many people who followed the development. That it's a unique game doesn't make this true, it means we are hostages to the developers for the moment, until a competitor is made.
If you are making polls, at least try not to pass value judgements and stay neutral.
Indeed my observation "They delivered" is a matter of a point of view and perhaps I am "easily pleased", but if this was the case I would not be making this thread.

I do want to see positive progress. It is a unique game and we CAN help make it better. In any case saying that the dev's are straight up "holding us hostage" doesn't create a ground for mutual understanding, or would you disagree?

In any case the intention of this thread is to lower hostility and inspire a little bit more understanding.

the community wants the game we was showcased and marketed. this game is Bannerlord in nothing but name, even that is being too nice though considering we don't even have BANNERS.

the community wants the game we was showcased and marketed. this game is Bannerlord in nothing but name, even that is being too nice though considering we don't even have BANNERS.

What would you like to see improved/changed/added so that the game would live up to your expectations?
In which ways do you feel TW wrongfully showcased/marketed the game? Is it the single/multiplayer? Is it the gameplay? Modding?

I think the community wanted this game to at least meet the standards of Warband with moddability and of course with the modern graphics and polish. But apparently, that's just too high of a bar.

- Because i'd like to experience this game with my friends the same way as we rode to war in Warband MP, but bigger and better this time!
- It's the only pillar keeping the game standing.
- I fell in love with the SP aspects of the game before I played MP. But to be honest the native branch never really pulled me in, the mods that took me to my childhood fantasy realms.
- Release game + full mod support. Close the entire shop and count the $$ whilst the modders take over the legacy

Edit: btw the so called hostilities are not without reason, TW has proven countless times to be an incompetent studio
Very good points I do agree with most of what you say. I feel the same way about SP/MP and TW and im sure that's why the game has such a wonderful cult following :grin:.

I know that the hostilities are not without reason, people are frustrated because they want to see POSITIVE change. I too get frustrated at times because I know TW CAN do better! However it is not obvious to me that hostility itself has created any positive change. It does show just how passionate people are about the game but it doesn't help steer TW in the right direction. If it did we would have seen it by now.

TW wants to make things right. Hell, they have worked on the game for 10 years! This is an incredible commitment. For some people there this is probably the work of their lives, so I would suggest that calling them "incompetent" is not a good move on our side for getting them to listen.

Indeed my observation "They delivered" is a matter of a point of view and perhaps I am "easily pleased", but if this was the case I would not be making this thread.

I do want to see positive progress. It is a unique game and we CAN help make it better. In any case saying that the dev's are straight up "holding us hostage" doesn't create a ground for mutual understanding, or would you disagree?

In any case the intention of this thread is to lower hostility and inspire a little bit more understanding.
Yes, you are new and didn't read the forum to understand why things are the way they are and can't be different. We get people like that every bloody day.
I'll save you the time: it's not us, it's them. Do some research before having an uninformed opinion.

Edit: since I don't just want to hurl abuse here, here's a quick explainer about what's wrong:
1. Taleworlds is NOT interested in new players suggestions, they are busy fixing the game, slowly and ineffectively. If you want to see positive progress, you are in the wrong place.
2. The game falls short of its predecessor in significant ways. The maddening thing about it is that it's apparently by design: dumb it down and remove player agency (power gamer features) that newbies and console players may find confusing. There are several examples of this with TW employee quotes and everything.
3. There's no significant improvement since the initial EA release, more than a year ago. Siege bugs, dumb formation AI, ineffective armor are still not fixed, despite the community offering all kinds of advice and pleas about it only to run into deaf ears and, if we are charitable, incompetence.
If we are not charitable, they made a lot of money at the EA release on false pretences and have no remaining incentive to make the game better.
4. Multiplayer is virtually abandoned.

Last edited:
Yes, you are new and didn't read the forum to understand why things are the way they are and can't be different. We get people like that every bloody day.
I'll save you the time: it's not us, it's them. Do some research before having an uninformed opinion.
"We get people like that every bloody day"? Who are the "we" that you are referring to? Are you the representative of the community or something? Next time ill consult you before I post something buddy.

No doubt you are so hopeless about it. If you are approaching the developers the same way you are approaching "new people" I would imagine you would not get anything across to them, of course apart from how frustrated you are about "things never being able to change".

This thread is about how to move forward, if you are hopeless about this, then please move to the next post, "We" don't want you here.

EDIT:
Edit: since I don't just want to hurl abuse here, here's a quick explainer about what's wrong:
1. Taleworlds is NOT interested in new players suggestions, they are busy fixing the game, slowly and ineffectively. If you want to see positive progress, you are in the wrong place.
2. The game falls short of its predecessor in significant ways. The maddening thing about it is that it's apparently by design: dumb it down and remove player agency (power gamer features) that newbies and console players may find confusing. There are several examples of this with TW employee quotes and everything.
3. There's no significant improvement since the initial EA release, more than a year ago. Siege bugs, dumb formation AI, ineffective armor are still not fixed, despite the community offering all kinds of advice and pleas about it only to run into deaf ears and, if we are charitable, incompetence.
If we are not charitable, they made a lot of money at the EA release on false pretences and have no remaining incentive to make the game better.
4. Multiplayer is virtually abandoned.
1. I have been keeping track of specifically the modding part of the forum and I see that they(TW) have taken real steps to move forward. Also, if I was a developer and just glimpsed at most of what is being written I would not step on the forum again because of just how much toxicity there is. That's my point.
2.That is entirely your opinion.
3.True. Even though I think that singleplayer is much more enjoyable now than it was a year ago. But that does not mean there is no content that is still waiting. It's still in EA remember that.
4.Somewhat true, at least in EU there is a full siege server pretty much every night, and skirmish+captain mode waiting times are pretty good.

Last edited:
"We get people like that every bloody day"? Who are the "we" that you are referring to? Are you the representative of the community or something? Next time ill consult you before I post something buddy.
We, the informed people who know what's going on. And yes, I'm a representative of this group because there's a wide consensus on the things I said.
No doubt you are so hopeless about it. If you are approaching the developers the same way you are approaching "new people" I would imagine you would not get anything across to them, of course apart from how frustrated you are about "things never being able to change".
I have no doubt that ignorance gives you hope. Feel free to change the world for the better. Or arrive at the same conclusions that people before you arrived at. Guess which is more likely
This thread is about how to move forward, if you are hopeless about this, then please move to the next post, "We" don't want you here.
It's a public thread and you should be able to handle criticism.

I like both SP and MP, but recently been playing mostly MP.
Bannerlord combat is 100x better than Warband, however there are too little types of gamemodes.

-MP is too limited rn. Custom Dedicated servers will make it 1000x better. Honestly, it feels like devs are purposefully holding it back to save the hype for later.

-Very little, looking at how every ****ing thread always turns to hating and blaming.

EDIT:

1. I have been keeping track of specifically the modding part of the forum and I see that they(TW) have taken real steps to move forward. Also, if I was a developer and just glimpsed at most of what is being written I would not step on the forum again because of just how much toxicity there is. That's my point.
2.That is entirely your opinion.
3.True. Even though I think that singleplayer is much more enjoyable now than it was a year ago. But that does not mean there is no content that is still waiting. It's still in EA remember that.
4.Somewhat true, at least in EU there is a full siege server pretty much every night, and skirmish+captain mode waiting times are pretty good.
LOL.....

From what I am hearing, TW is close to finish the game. The current state of BL will not be so much different than full release version.
TW abondoned the features which made WB great. While the fans were waiting just a improved version of Warband Diplomacy mod, we got this game. By devs statement that those features will not be in the game. Yeah I don't like to see destructive critism and toxicity in the forum but I think I understand why there is so much of it and I invite you to read the forum to understand that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom