What do I have to edit in the game files to change a Town?

Users who are viewing this thread

A mod called "Crusader: Deus Vult" put cities like Jerusalem, Antioch, Acre and others in their game, but all of these have the same scenes as the Native mod, Jerusalem have the same scene as Praven

latest

and I wanna know what do I have to edit to make Jerusalem have the same scene as Shariz or Ahmerrad

latest

And also do the same to certain towns to look just after sarranid culture rather than look like the Nords or Rhodoks

Solution
Let's say you want to modify Jerusalem's scene and you have the target mod's source code.
  1. Go to module_scenes.py and find Jerusalem's entry.
  2. Alter its name to make the entry more obvious by abandoning Native's way of naming scenes (such as to 'jerusalem').
  3. Pick a scene which will replace the current one of Jerusalem.
  4. Copy and paste it to SceneObj folder of the target mod.
  5. Rename it to match its entry in module_scenes.py (such as to 'jerusalem').
  6. Find its entry in module_scenes.py of the mod it was taken from and mimick it in module_scenes.py of the target mod (note the terrain code, outer terrain and scene flags).
  7. Repeat the above steps for all scenes you want to replace.
  8. Make sure not to mess up entries of...
Yeah, in this case is in the file SceneObj, no ?
SceneObj filenames must match entries in module_scenes.py or compiled references in scenes.txt.

Also, please do not waste your time on an unpolished mod when there are plenty of better ones out here. Seriously, it is not worth it; Native scenes are already a giveaway of the mod being bad.

Upvote 1
SceneObj filenames must match entries in module_scenes.py or compiled references in scenes.txt.

Also, please do not waste your time on an unpolished mod when there are plenty of better ones out here. Seriously, it is not worth it; Native scenes are already a giveaway of the mod being bad.
Thank you man, I know there are plenty of mods with a lot of work behind such as "In the Name of Jerusalem" mostly wanted to know what do I have to do and how, or if this topic has been touched before, so I can check about it.

Upvote 0
You can either simply copy paste the scene and rename it to the names of the ones which should be replaced. Or you replace in module_scenes.py the scene codes respectively (which would be less resource intensive).
So I tried to made this.

Went to module_scenes.py and edited

("town_6_center",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x00000002300491830004a529000036230000312a00003653",
[],[],"outer_terrain_plain"),

which in the mod represents Jerusalem and replaced it for:

("town_6_center",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x000000025a03253200042d08000079d6000004fd00006910",
[],[],"outer_terrain_desert"),

The "0x000000025a03253200042d08000079d6000004fd00006910" corresponds to Bariyye, a sarranid Town, but when I entered Praven it was very awful, the city had been deformed, what could I be doing wrong?
I just want to see "town_6_center" just like "town_22_center", but still couldn't, am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Let's say you want to modify Jerusalem's scene and you have the target mod's source code.
  2. Alter its name to make the entry more obvious by abandoning Native's way of naming scenes (such as to 'jerusalem').
  6. Find its entry in module_scenes.py of the mod it was taken from and mimick it in module_scenes.py of the target mod (note the terrain code, outer terrain and scene flags).
  8. Make sure not to mess up entries of other scenes you do not want to change.
  9. Compile the target mod and see the effects.
Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Solution
  8. Make sure not to mess up entries of other scenes you do not want to change.
  9. Compile the target mod and see the effects.
Hope it helps.
It worked man, I made the probe, and it worked, you were much helpful, maybe soon I will be venturing into scening. :party:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom