B Fantasy [WB] Nightfall of Middle-Earth: Khazâd ai-mênu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever I see this thread, I can't help but think of the battle scene in The Hobbit where the dwarves are fighting the goblins and Azog. Seriously epic stuff, and I have high hopes that this mod will be no different! Best of luck! :smile:

I wonder why all those good, diligent people that make 3 or 4 different LOTR mods already, can't group and together do some freakin' awesome one big LOTR mod and much faster than when they are split?
It's just odd to me, such a waste of potential.

Because we all have different visions of how we want Middle Earth to be, and my own mod is too near to completion to have any benefit from merging.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it was foul play
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
12.gif
13.gif

amazing looking mod ive not seen one this good since the blood in the west mod. please keep up the absolute amazing work.
one question how close to completion would you say you were?
close enough to give us a beta or an alpha ?

The wilderness areas are beautiful! I love how the snow is even shown to be in mounds like in real life, something most mappers never do.

amazing looking mod ive not seen one this good since the blood in the west mod. please keep up the absolute amazing work.
one question how close to completion would you say you were?
close enough to give us a beta or an alpha ?

Never ask that.

The only problem this mod has is that the dwarves have Russian-Styled armors with Lamellar and even quite oriental Mail and Plates,that are Ottoman/Arabic/Mughal styled:
849321_kopiya.jpg
Weapons, shields and helmets, are, however very good and original.

Dwarves are Norse/Viking/Germanic, not Slavic.

Yes it is correct, gnomes - Norwegians, but it is gnomes emigrants from Russia, immigrating because of disagreements with the authorities. There are still gnomes Finns, and illegal gnomes immigrants Chinese

ThaneWulfgharn said:
The only problem this mod has is that the dwarves have Russian-Styled armors with Lamellar and even quite oriental Mail and Plates,that are Ottoman/Arabic/Mughal styled:
849321_kopiya.jpg

According to whom? besides having names from the Sagas, I don't think Tolkien ever indicated that their culture was similar to that of medieval Scandinavia.

Gandalf has a Scandinavian name but you don't expect him to strut around in a visored skullcap, do you?

ThaneWulfgharn said:
849321_kopiya.jpg

Dwarves are dwarven, they're most definitely not vikings. We've JUST had this discussion in the film Hobbit thread and it's so much deeper than this.

From the expertise Merlkir has shown on LOTR stuff around the forums, better have Tolkien's transcript of all he has said in life handy to discuss the dwarves.

Back
Top Bottom