[WB-M] Cloak&Dagger - GONE WITH THE WIND (Updated 31/3/11)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
phoenixguard09 said:
You're moving fast mate, well done. :wink:

Just a small note but I thought that the Roman spies were the Praeventores?

Thanks.

Those are light infantry.

Edit: Also, I might edit the falling animation so that the player doesn't stop when landing. It kinda slows people down when they wanna do an aerial assassination combo.

Awesome idea, having a large urban map with two teams of assassins from different cultures hunting each other down would be amazing.

Found something pretty interesting-
http://www.spike.com/blog/roman-frumentarii-vs/103965?page=1&numPerPage=1

J12-19 said:
Awesome idea, having a large urban map with two teams of assassins from different cultures hunting each other down would be amazing.

Found something pretty interesting-
http://www.spike.com/blog/roman-frumentarii-vs/103965?page=1&numPerPage=1

Awesome link.

Any of you scripting genii can teach me how to add new game modes, specifically the "Assassination" game mode?

Welcome Thandrius!

Assassins, Ninjas and Frumentarii are implemented... Now we need the equipment.

Edit: Poll is over. Cloak&Dagger shall be our official name!

insane warrior said:
Demonwolf said:
Welcome Thandrius!

Assassins, Ninjas and Frumentarii are implemented... Now we need the equipment.

Edit: Poll is over. Cloak&Dagger shall be our official name!
i like the "our" on it :smile:

By the community, for the community, thus "us".

phoenixguard09 said:
Damn you work fast. :grin:  You have my respect sir. :wink:

Thanks. By the way, I can work on the map you want now.

shadowarcher said:
It's nice to see someone trying to resurrect a dead mod(yes there was a mod that i was helping which was called cloak&dagger),good luck with this.

Gawd, I did not know there was a mod with a same name. No, I am not rezzing it. This is an original idea made by me.#

I'll keep the name.

Demonwolf, I googled a bit but I haven't found anything about any assassin order/faction apart from that which you already have (those factions)...maybe you could implement some fictional orders inspired by Calradia but differentiated by the weapon or method they use for assassination...

By the way, can't wait for that map. :smile:

Demonwolf said:
shadowarcher said:
It's nice to see someone trying to resurrect a dead mod(yes there was a mod that i was helping which was called cloak&dagger),good luck with this.

Gawd, I did not know there was a mod with a same name. No, I am not rezzing it. This is an original idea made by me.#

I'll keep the name.
Fair enough, good luck anyway.

Negro of Serbia said:
Demonwolf, I googled a bit but I haven't found anything about any assassin order/faction apart from that which you already have (those factions)...maybe you could implement some fictional orders inspired by Calradia but differentiated by the weapon or method they use for assassination...

By the way, can't wait for that map. :smile:

I believe I found something:

Bravi (singular is bravo) were, as Wikipedia puts it, were a species of coarse soldiery employed by the rural lordlings (or dons) of northern Italy in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries to protect their interests. Their services might extend to assassination.

Oh, and earlier when I was searching for some stuff to suggest to phoenixguard, I stumbled upon this http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2457 and you can use it for Shinobi faction. :smile:

Negro of Serbia said:
Oh, and earlier when I was searching for some stuff to suggest to phoenixguard, I stumbled upon this http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2457 and you can use it for Shinobi faction. :smile:

I found that before. I was planning on adding it in alpha.

You might also want to look at Kengeki mod for some Shinobi stuff. They have shurikens, kunai, naginato etc. and some nice animations as well.

About assination mode. How will it work?

Will it be with two teams and you hearing you have to kill x and you look around searching for x (you can see names) and killing x. Team with highest score wins?

Or will it be the above but without teams and just free for all?

How will blending in work? When you have teams where you have to kill one guy then blending in would be somewhat useless right?

Anways great idea for a mod! Never knew about some of the factions though, learning as the mod advances.  :mrgreen:

Have you considered a sprinting function?

Currently stalking targets in warband is difficult at best, because even if you see your target and he doesn't see you, you're both always moving at the same speed. This makes for a slow, faulty process of you trying to guess your target's course, and then trying to get there before him, all while trying to be stealthy about it.

If you add a quantity limited (2/round?), and time limited (matter of seconds) boost to running speed, though, making it take up an inventory slot carrying the added touch of not being able to use weapons while using it, suddenly you have a much more dynamic, fast playing system.

The player stalks from the shadows until he sees his target. Then, suddenly, he darts across the rooftops to intercept the enemy. He doesn't know, though, that crouching behind that assorted object is his own assassin, that jumps out and kills him (the first assassin being defenseless as a result of sprinting).

It's a system that rewards knowing what's going on in the battlefield. Makes sense to me that an assassin mod would have something like this.

Also, since the Frumentarii should conceptually have more combat skill, this provides something to take away from them to make it balanced. So, you'd  have the "anti-assassin", very very hard to take on in a straightforward fight, but slow, so defeatable through clever thinking.

Anyway, thoughts?

Mysterious_A said:
Have you considered a sprinting function?

Currently stalking targets in warband is difficult at best, because even if you see your target and he doesn't see you, you're both always moving at the same speed. This makes for a slow, faulty process of you trying to guess your target's course, and then trying to get there before him, all while trying to be stealthy about it.

If you add a quantity limited (2/round?), and time limited (matter of seconds) boost to running speed, though, making it take up an inventory slot carrying the added touch of not being able to use weapons while using it, suddenly you have a much more dynamic, fast playing system.

The player stalks from the shadows until he sees his target. Then, suddenly, he darts across the rooftops to intercept the enemy. He doesn't know, though, that crouching behind that assorted object is his own assassin, that jumps out and kills him (the first assassin being defenseless as a result of sprinting).

It's a system that rewards knowing what's going on in the battlefield. Makes sense to me that an assassin mod would have something like this.

Also, since the Frumentarii should conceptually have more combat skill, this provides something to take away from them to make it balanced. So, you'd  have the "anti-assassin", very very hard to take on in a straightforward fight, but slow, so defeatable through clever thinking.

Anyway, thoughts?

Cool idea. I believe Chel's abilities script has sprint. Are there any

True. Maybe Frums and Bravi can team up as anti-assassins?

Phalanx300 said:
You might also want to look at Kengeki mod for some Shinobi stuff. They have shurikens, kunai, naginato etc. and some nice animations as well.

About assination mode. How will it work?

Will it be with two teams and you hearing you have to kill x and you look around searching for x (you can see names) and killing x. Team with highest score wins?

Or will it be the above but without teams and just free for all?

How will blending in work? When you have teams where you have to kill one guy then blending in would be somewhat useless right?

Anways great idea for a mod! Never knew about some of the factions though, learning as the mod advances.  :mrgreen:

Will check up on that later.

Was there a free-for-all mode for WB? If so, I could make it without teams.

I'll add peasants into the scenes so that you can blend in with the crowd and appear to be another NPC... at least till your target comes close...

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
how many mods are you working on Demonwolf?  :mrgreen:

Well I had a virus, so I was working on this till it was fixed. Now that its fixed however, I think I'll finish this before CDBG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom