SP Fantasy [WB] Gothic: Conquest - A Gothic 3 Based Fantasy Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Some things to point out:
-No one will join you if you won't put references of the retextures you want, that because there are different levels of retexturing difficulty.

-Gothic III has almost same armor models for Myrtanans; Mercenaries and Bandits. Those models are good for Gothic III Bandits, but not (on my opinion) for Rebels/Royal Soldiers and Orc's Mercenaries. Myrtanans must have the Guard Variation from G1 Militia/Knight/Paladins variations from G2 while Mercenaries the Bandit/Mercenary armors from G2.

-Horses. I've been thinking for Horses. The only factions with mounts for me would be the Rebels, which I would counsel to rename into Kingdom of Myrtana.
-The troop trees. I've been laying ideas for troop trees by now:
Footman
Mounted
Archer
Caster

Myrtana:

|----->Lancer-------->King's Guard
                                                                              |
Peasant---->Armed Peasant--->Militiaman----->Soldier----->Knight----->Paladin
          |                            |
          |                            |-->Bowman----->Archer(Bow)
          |
          |--->Fire Novice--->Fire Initiate---->Fire Mage---->High Fire Mage

I will take note of that, but until now it is way to early to think of the troops, i have some plans but for now i am just polishing this and that out, trying to create a map and mainly fix the stupid sound bug. As soon as i get all models i need to create a faction, we will gather around, our whole little team and get everything together.

Hopefully there will be a alpha release either at the end of this month or beginning of next.

*****in, I loved Gothic. Unfortunately my Gothic CDs are more than 500 miles away.
Are you planning on adding in a mainline of quests?

pentagathus said:
*****in, I loved Gothic. Unfortunately my Gothic CDs are more than 500 miles away.
Are you planning on adding in a mainline of quests?

Hmmm, great idea! We will see about that one :grin: I have a few quest plans like when you start the game with the rebels then instead of fighting this one guy you fight an orc army i order to take Ardea and then Hamlar runs over to you instead of a trader. I also have plans for Ortega's cave, i am not sure though should bandits be divided into factions and the coast bandits ruled by Ortega who is the king of Ortega's cave or should i have a one off quest where You get to kill Ortega. I also have some other ideas.

Sorry for the delay of the info, i have no message from the new coder and from 2 of the modelers. If this continues i will go back to only myself and Gothic Knight, i will do the coding as usual and he will do his models.

To me motivation and communication is the main part of a successful team...

La Grandmaster said:
Modding is a lonely process, expect lots of people to offer to help but (ussually) you will have to do most of it on your own
Unless you actually have a dedicated team. You can't really generalize the process of mod development.

Backstay said:
La Grandmaster said:
Modding is a lonely process, expect lots of people to offer to help but (ussually) you will have to do most of it on your own
Unless you actually have a dedicated team. You can't really generalize the process of mod development.

Everything is sorted out now, the whole team is still working they just don't say a word until the work is actually done :smile: Only the assistant coder can't find time but that's ok, i will take everything back over.

Happy to work on a Gothic mod, loved the Gothic games!

But anyway, done with the first soundtrack, a battle soundtrack.

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/fury-of-the-rebels

Enjoy! :smile:

Theretor said:

That is awesome! Sounds great! May I ask what program you used to create this masterpiece?

Backstay said:
That is awesome! Sounds great! May I ask what program you used to create this masterpiece?
Thanks Backstay!

I use Cubase 7 for recording. And instrument programs I mostly use is Kontakt 5, Session Strings Pro, Damage, Action Strings, Evolve, Massive and Requiem Pro :smile:

Theretor said:

Awesome! Can I use it in my mod, or is it only for Myranta at War? :smile:

I really liked the piece despite the electronic spice-ups here and there. Good work.

Carlos Danger said:
Other than the fact that your descriptions of the factions are somewhat sub par, this looks like it has a bright future.

Haha yes, i know, sorry i am not a great writer, i am the technical guy :grin: If you feel like can make better descriptions then please go ahead and do it :smile:

Back
Top Bottom