SP Fantasy [WB] Gothic: Conquest - A Gothic 3 Based Fantasy Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Barbarian Helmet, 2 types, gray and brown.

(Strange low quality on images)

lr9G8My.png

I really wouldn't mind some heavier coding support, if anybody would like to offer a helping hand then please PM me, i will be thankful.

9jakub9 said:

lr9G8My.png

I really wouldn't mind some heavier coding support, if anybody would like to offer a helping hand then please PM me, i will be thankful.
What were you thinking of doing?

Michadr said:
9jakub9 said:

lr9G8My.png

What do you mean? With the coding?

I think he was referring to usage of stolen game content, which you don't give a damn about.

Looking good. You might like to use this OSP items. Are based on Fable games, not gothic, but I think they look similar  :lol:

http://www.caballerosdecalradia.net/t2296-osp-fable-weapon-pack-atencion-aporte-inedito

I'm sorry the post is in spanish, but you can see some images on the spoilers.

Cheers!

Belendor said:
I think he was referring to usage of stolen game content, which you don't give a damn about.

Will you model it for me then? The Nordic Games guys don't give 2 ****s about their community so why would they bother with this one? I don't think they really worry about a bugged out game from 2006 which wasn't even made by them, without the community patches Gothic 3 wouldn't even be playable. I messaged them 3 times and got no response, to be honest, they shouldn't have a problem with this as this is increasing the popularity of their game. If this mod suddenly and magically get's the the whole world's attention and the guys at NG notice this (which obviously will happen) and if they have a problem i will halt the project, but for now, let the people who support the mod enjoy and let the haters hate.

It is like finding a lost wallet and using it for your own needs because simply the guy who lost it doesn't seem to have found it, which (somehow) seduces you to think he doesn't care. Seriously, you need to change your vision or you won't last long. And just because devs are off, it doesn't allow you to take their materials. Simple. And, if they don't get back to your mails, just leave it be. Instead go develop your skills and do stuff yourself.

I have to agree with belendor, you cannot simply assume you are able to use something just because someone hasn't said you cant. Aside from the Nordic games side of things, you are breaking one of this forum's first rules (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12250.msg208344.html#msg208344). Whether you believe me or not, you are in fact sharing copyrighted material without permission.

I have heard that content from the witcher is "open source", but this is the only time I have ever heard of a company allowing the community to use their content outside of their own game - and I am not 100% sure if this is actually true (its been mentioned on this forum a number of times).

Aside from all of this, modding is meant to be something you enjoy and you will gradually increase your skills in it the more you do it. Taking content from game and putting it into another will not make you a better artist or coder. Try modelling your own stuff, you will be amazed at how quickly you can progress.

What about the people who want to see this mod out? Just tell them to go away and suddenly stop work? Come one it's been 6 months now, can't put all of this to waste. I'm not some arrogant prick that doesn't care about people's opinions, i try to look at stuff from different perspectives, you don't like what i'm doing, then there is people that are asking me when will the mod come out and i don't want to let down anybody so i can't really come up with any solution to this problem.

I think your mod wants to offer the opportunity to explore and discover the world of ghotic (with new map,  factions, quests,  scenes,  troops, characters ...) and not just adding  few armors "borrowed" somewhere ... right ?
there's a simple solution : make two versions of your mod :

- a "controverted"  :cool:  one  (from Gothic)
- and a 100% "legal"  (from OSP armor or perhaps your own creations :wink:)

IMHO the community OSP stuffs are prettier than those from Gothic  :roll:

****ing hell, Belendor and Grandmaster. If NG and/or another authority got on jakub's case, that would be one thing; but when you are on a holy crusade for developers of a mediocre 2006 game who have had 3 ample opportunities to respond and settle the debate in an instant; it does make you seem more like keyboard warriors/wannabe MadVaders looking for a fight than the good modders that you are.

Bah it's a mod guys not a game, he isn't profiting off of it and he is crediting them. Not everyone has the time in today's modern world to do everything mostly on your own for no pay. We cant all be one man mod warriors like cozur. While you guys do raise some valid points against it, it is not worth destroying all the work this guy has made.

The Dark Robin said:
******** hell, Belendor and Grandmaster. If NG and/or another authority got on jakub's case, that would be one thing; but when you are on a holy crusade for developers of a mediocre 2006 game who have had 3 ample opportunities to respond and settle the debate in an instant; it does make you seem more like keyboard warriors/wannabe MadVaders looking for a fight than the good modders that you are.

I fail to see the relevance really. It is normal for you to not know how things in this industry (Well, modding is not the industry of course.) work, but these are the painful facts you need to know. If you don't have any skills, a project with this kind of weight will only keep you from developing yourself and force you to come up with something good, which leads to "easy" ways like the case here. However well, who I am trying to explain things here, since you take it wrong way in every turn. Instead trying to argue with me, you can simply learn.

Belendor said:
I fail to see the relevance really. It is normal for you to not know how things in this industry (Well, modding is not the industry of course.) work, but these are the painful facts you need to know. If you don't have any skills, a project with this kind of weight will only keep you from developing yourself and force you to come up with something good, which leads to "easy" ways like the case here. However well, who I am trying to explain things here, since you take it wrong way in every turn. Instead trying to argue with me, you can simply learn.
You are arguing for the end to the development of a mod, and attacking the developer. If NG doesn't want their models used, they will make it known now or in the future. The game is 8 years old, no one is buying it anyway, so I doubt this will hurt sales.

Edit: On this part:
Belendor said:
I fail to see the relevance really. It is normal for you to not know how things in this industry (Well, modding is not the industry of course.) work, but these are the painful facts you need to know.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
"You don't know **** now shut the **** up and let the teacher talk" is not something valid in a mature discussion.

I am already working on 2 mods, this is the main one, the other one is just me continuing the work from previous people. Belendor i am not looking for easy ways out. I had modelers, i had coders, all suddenly went inactive for 5 months so i was left on my own, i didn't want to halt the project so i ported them from Gothic. There is no way every armor in the game will be added anyway since believe me or not it actually does take some skill to edit a already made model for a different game so it suits Warband. I contacted other people who already attempted a Gothic mod and i will be speaking to one of them next week so i will hopefully receive some legal models. If NG actually does get on my ass for this then i will remove everything that i ported and change this mod to another fantasy mod. For now let's leave everything as it is, i will be continuing this, if you don't like it then just ignore this, every one is entitled to their own opinion however i can't just simply can't shut this down.

9jakub9 said:
Michadr said:
9jakub9 said:

lr9G8My.png

What do you mean? With the coding?
Heh... Sorry that I spurred that discussion, but nonetheless it is important to uphold Taleworld's decision since this is their forum.
But anyway, I was talking more about the coding...

Back
Top Bottom