SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I wouldn't mind joining forces with other modders, but I only want to work on one mod at the moment and I'm kind of set on seeing Ghost Soldiers through (When I can find the time and motivation anyway).  I have the idea of what I want it to be clearly in my head and this would no doubt conflict with other mods.
I expect others may feel the same about their mods as well.

True Raptor. True.

But in a way it can represent "conflicts", perhaps in the other way we could see cooperation, like to finish a mode earlier for example, I saw members and mode creators asking each other to exchange some folders, creations, like helmets, weapons or texture.

We hope you'll get enough of your time to finish your mode soon :wink:

Best regards.
Christophe.

Currently doing some work, anyone who wants to watch stuff being made can do so here:
http://www.livestream.com/ghostsoldiers?t=428929

Dunno how long I'll be working but I'll probably be doing the same thing tomorrow as well after I go blow something up.

Today's work:
CelticSwordsWIP.jpg

Several high poly Celtic swords ready to be painted.

Oh, and don't bother with The Eagle, it's pretty much garbage and there's a lot of Lorica Anachronacum (My pet name for leather Segmentatae).  The opening sequence was entertaining, but I'm sure that will be on Youtube before long if not already.

I still say someone needs to make a Band of Brothers/The Pacific style series about the Gallic War, invasion of Britain or even the Third Macedonian War.  Movies like The Eagle are like only reading the first page of a very good book.

Time to paint those swords, then I'll model two more. 
May stop if the wind dies down so I can fire my Matchlock a little but with the way it usually is I'm probably going to be stuck indoors, I'm eager to see how well it handles 150 grains of powder and if my new shot cards will work better than the old ones.

http://www.livestream.com/ghostsoldiers?t=428929

Very cool to see yout back on duty :grin:

More seriously, its so cool to have yout talent on service of such a mode, your mode :grin:

Its cool ! I hope you've entered in contact with other Roman Developpers :smile:

Cya around.
Best regards.
Christophe.

I'd like to keep Ghost Soldiers content in the mod to make it visually unique amongst the other Roman period mods.

Of course I am more than willing to offer guidance and support to other mods in making their own resources themselves.

Excellent swords, lad.

Also, just a request, if you ever, and I hope you wont, leave, please release everything you have done so far. Would be a shame to miss them!

Finished another Roman shield, this time a Clipeus.  I also remembered I had a second Scutum I never finished so I guess I'll finish that next.

Clipeus.jpg

And a WIP of an ornate Celtic sword, these things take a lot of time to model, I'll only be making two.

CeltAnthroSword_WIP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom