SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Users who are viewing this thread

RR_Raptor65

Knight
It's been a long time since I've been around here, but Warband has brought me back.  I was disappointed to find that there were no mods set in Roman times, at least none that seem to be current or in the period and setting I was looking for.  So, here's my contribution:

Ghost_Soldiers_Logo.png

Ghost Soldiers is a total conversion set in Roman Britain of 59 AD, just before the Boudiccan revolt.  You will get a choice between playing as a Roman commander or the leader of a band of British warriors in one of the many tribes that existed at that time.

Screenshots
Screenshot01.jpg
Screenshot02.jpg
Screenshot03.jpg
New as of 02/15/11!
Screenshot04.jpg
New as of 02/18/11!
screenshot07k.jpg
New as of 02/18/11!
screenshot06u.jpg
New as of 02/18/11!
screenshot05u.jpg
New as of 02/18/11!
screenshot08.jpg

Renders
GallicF.jpg

Iron Gallic helmet, Type F.
GallicA.jpg

Iron Gallic helmet, Type A.  Cheek guard normal maps are not representative of the in-game appearance.
CoolusC.jpg

Bronze Coolus helmet, Type C
HamataB.jpg

Lorica Hamata with a focale/hood (Edit of a vanilla armour).
HamataA.jpg

Lorica Hamata with a cloak (Edit of a vanilla armour).
Gladii.jpg

Top to bottom:
Gladius Hispaniensis
Mainz Gladius
Mainz Gladius (Alternate style)
Fulham Gladius
Pompeii Mainz
Pila.jpg

Socketed and Tanged Pila.
Scutum.jpg

Rectangular Scutum, generic painted.
Hastae.jpg

Various spears, these are exact copies of original spears from the period.
Kalkriese_Segmentata.jpg

Kalkriese Type A Lorica Segmentata.
Bobigny_Shield.jpg

Celtic Bobigny shield (Plain).
Hjortspring_Shield.jpg

Celtic Hjortspring shield (Plain).
New as of 02/15/11!
Celtic_Swords.jpg

Several Celtic swords with segmented hilts made of horn (Black) and Antler (White).
New as of 02/17/11!
Clipeus.jpg

Oval Auxiliary shield, generic paint.
New as of 02/19/11!
GladiusScabbard.jpg

Gladius Scabbard.

Works in Progress
New as of 02/17/11!
CeltAnthroSword_WIP.jpg

Ornate Celtic sword.  Still low poly, this thing is very time consuming to make. I'll be making one more after this one.

Teaser Video

Want to help?
I am looking for researchers, people to check facts and help research the Celtic weapons and armour, terminology and general history.  If you're familiar with the history of Roman Britain, I would appreciate your input and suggestions.

If there are any scripters out there who want to get in on this project, that would be a load off my shoulders and likewise much appreciated.

Additionally, if there's anyone who is willing to do a map of Britain that would be great, that's not really a task I'm looking forward to but I have some great topography maps for the job none the less.

FSDGIJADLUGHLNAJUNCVLEAIUBLKaj

OMG. this looks amazing! I have wanted a roman mod for warband... well, since it came out! :grin: there were never really great roman mods for normal M&B either, BTW beautiful models!

There was a really old Roman mod for M&B, if I remember correctly it was great, and you made it?

Well anyhoo, this looks uber epic, is there going to be a ridable T-rex?  :wink: I remember that too.

-TacKLed- said:
Hegemony 268... Nuff Said

No. These time periods are completely different. This mod is set in 59 AD, as stated above. And Hegemony is 268 BC, about 300 years is a big difference. Also back in 268 BC Rome didn't even have lands in Britian yet. They were still the Roman Republic. While around this time period they were the Roman Empire.

TIDM2 said:
-TacKLed- said:

No. These time periods are completely different. This mod is set in 59 AD, as stated above. And Hegemony is 268 BC, about 300 years is a big difference. Also back in 268 BC Rome didn't even have lands in Britian yet. They were still the Roman Republic. While around this time period they were the Roman Empire.

I know..... I saw that he said that there werent any Roman type mods and I just named one. There is also that Eagle and Wolves mod

-TacKLed- said:
TIDM2 said:
-TacKLed- said:

I know..... I saw that he said that there werent any Roman type mods and I just named one. There is also that Eagle and Wolves mod

I was disappointed to find that there were no mods set in Roman times, at least none that seem to be current or in the period and setting I was looking for.

268 BC is not in  this time period. Or set in Britain.

Looks pretty awesome!!!

I once tried making a Romano Britain mod for NWN but it didn't work very well!
Likin yo' monitor lizard there

Keep up the good work!

P.S. I'm a Celt :cool:

Glad to see such excitement for the mod, I've only been working on it for about a week so far, it only takes me about half a day to make one of those helmets, except for the Gallic A which decided to give me trouble because of how M&B reads the normal maps.  I've also made new shield animations, so unlike that old mod I made back in the old days this new Scutum fits and is held properly (Lots of trotting around the back yard with my Scutum to get a good feel for proper handling).

aragod12 said:
you want to get information about somethings ?, maybe i can help :roll:
edit : very nice!

Yes, that would be a big help.  Right now I'm mainly focused on gathering information on the local Celtic weapons, helmets and shields, and designs to paint for those shields.  I can use pictures of original museum pieces or reproductions (As long as the reproductions are historically authentic).  Right now I have two kinds of shield, oval and semi-oval, and a couple different styles of swords.  Most of what I have is coming from The Vicus.org.  It's important to me that the weapons and such are authentic to the region and period so that it's done right.

Merlkir said:
Hey, neato! Equipment looks nice at first look, though you may want to change the cloak pins to more roman fibulae:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/2961511673_5de9eceefd.jpg
http://www.romancoins.info/MilitaryEquipment-Other.html

Great to see such an oldtimer back in business! :smile: I remember playing your roman mod quite fondly.

As I understand it the fibulae, like most personal items, ranged greatly, from the delicate designs seen on Roman Coins.info to just simple wire pins so I left it the way it was on the original Byrnie from Warband.
HULKSMASH said:
Will this be MP or SP?

Ideally both, but singleplayer is first priority.

TIDM2 said:
-TacKLed- said:
TIDM2 said:
-TacKLed- said:

I was disappointed to find that there were no mods set in Roman times, at least none that seem to be current or in the period and setting I was looking for.

268 BC is not in  this time period. Or set in Britain.

Lol, alright. But I meant that there aren't any being worked on diligently.

Back
Top Bottom