SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Users who are viewing this thread

If you are making celts can you please include a celtic horned helmet. If you google image search "celtic horned helmet" you'll see the type I mean. All in bronze, with bronze "horns". Without this helmet the celts won't seem celty enough. (oooh, and if you do decide to make it, include a hair mesh with the helm or it'll do that silly baldy-man thing and look ****e................ :smile: 

I managed to get a hold of a very very large heightmap of Britain.

Click for a bigger version.

This will go a long way toward making a very accurate and detailed map.

On top of that I did some more editing of the cavalry animations, they now carry their lances outstretched instead of couched and shields are now held at the side rather than the front to the shield doesn't clip through the neck of the horse.
screenshot07k.jpg
screenshot06u.jpg
screenshot05u.jpg
screenshot08.jpg

Hi all !!!

This is just... amazing... incredible :grin:

What an awesome work :smile: !

BTW I hope you'll made your mode go multiplayer, or at least that it will be easily convertible to multiplayer :grin:

Best regards.
Christophe.

Made scabbards for the Gladii, it was a real pain.

GladiusScabbard.jpg

Still haven't gotten the vertex animation to work for whatever reason.  It works fine in OpenBRF but decides to ignore me in the game.

SPQR said:
Nice job Raptor.

Did ya see "The Eagle" yet?

Yeah, I saw it.  It was garbage.  Centurion was less garbage but still not what it could have been.

If you were planning on seeing The Eagle, I'd just wait for someone to upload the opening sequence on Youtube because that's the only part worth seeing.
In fact, you could probably pretend the movie ends right there when the chariot hits him.
^ Movie spoiler, not a Ghost Soldiers update. ^

Yeah. 
I was convinced Marcus' former Legion was going to come to his rescue too, kind of made the entire opening sequence pointless when they didn't too.  Instead we get some ersatz Legionarii with Segmentatae which looked like they were chipped right of of Trajan's Column.

Back
Top Bottom