SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serega_B said:
We want to make dornishmen in Indo the Persian style
Correct.But don't forget the marchers.They are an unique culture no matter whom they serve.:
Dayne of Starfall
Dayne of High Hermitage
for Martells and:
Caron of Nightsong
Dondarrion of Blackhaven
for Baratheon.
Also check this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,123201.msg2974046.html#msg2974046
The Black-and Brass items are perfect for Yronwoods,which I always imagined heavy-armored since they have defensive tactics.
While this:
mb9er.jpg
seems perfect for Lord Dagos Manwoodу.

I believe that the mod should have an advanced cultural system,based on the book description of house differences.Cultures listed as below:
(Ones in bold are major cultures while ones in italic are minor cultures,which every faction has a minimum of 2.
Northern
-Bolton-Historical enemies of the Starks,The Boltons of Dreadfort are known for their independence and unique,cruel culture
-Manderly-The Manderlys of White Harborwere Andals,welcomed from the Starks and given the region of White Harbor,in the deal stuck in Wolf's Den.They worship the Seven and have the best Heavy Cavalry of the north,The White Knights of Manderly.
Riverlander
-Frey-Freys of the Crossing are the most powerful bannermen of the Tullies.They have an army of thousands of men from the crossing.Spear-and-crossbow oriented,on my viewpoint
-Blackwood-Unique culture in the Riverlands,the Blackwoods keep the old gods and have an army made up of archers
Westerner
-Westerling-Proud and honorful,more than powerful,The Westerlings of The Crag are a very weak,but one of the most ancient houses in the West
-Crackehall-The Crackehalls of Crackehall are a powerful house in the West.Their men are known for great strength.
-Crownlands-The men of the crownlands were once sworn to House Targaryen,but after Robert's Rebellion they followed whomever sat on the Iron Throne.(Weak troops and only Joffrey's party is made of them only and goldcloaks,the only strong troops).
Reach
-Hightower-Hohttp://forums.taleworlds.com/Themes/TWcurve/images/bbc/italicize.gifuse Hightower of Oldtown are the most powerful bannermen of House Tyrell.Pikemen mostly.
-Redwyne-Lord Paxter Redwyne of The Arbor has the greatest fleet of the Reach,and the best sailors.Medium infantry.
-Tarly-The Battle of Ashford is the onyl battle Mace Tyrell has won...and the greatest part of the battle was won by Lord Tarly's Vanguard.
Stormland
-Florents-The Florents are a house from the Reach,sworn to King Stannis during the War of the Five Kings,since Queen Selyse is a Florent.
-Pirates-The Fleet of Lyseni pirates was brought to Stannis by Salladhor Saan,captain of The Valyrian.
-Blackwater-Blackwater troops are Stannis' loyalists since before Renly's death.Stannis,Velaryon,Bar Emmon,Celtigar and Seaworth parties are made only of Blackwater Men.
Dornish
-Yronwood-Yronwoods are the most powerful bannermen of Dorne.They were once the rivals of the Martells for ruling Dorne.
-Marcher-Marchers have the most Andal blood in Dorne.Only,Dayne of Starfall,Dayne of High Hermitage,but even Caron and Rickard Storm from Stormlands are made of Marchers.
Ironborn
-Harlaws-House Harlaw of Ten Towers is the house of Queen Alannys Harlaw.Rodrik Harlaw is made only of them and Asha Greyjoy's party is made mostly of them.
-Iron Fleet-The heaviest soldiers of the Ironborn are part of the iron fleet.Victarion's party is made only of Iron Fleet men.Other parties have few of them.
-Reaver-Lightest and weakest of the ironborns.Reavers spawn like bandit parties and only Theon's Party is made of them.
Vale-No idea about this
-
-

ThaneWulfgharn said:
I believe that the mod should have an advanced cultural system,based on the book description of house differences.Cultures listed as below:
(Ones in bold are major cultures while ones in italic are minor cultures,which every faction has a minimum of 2.
Northern
-Bolton-Historical enemies of the Starks,The Boltons of Dreadfort are known for their independence and unique,cruel culture
-Manderly-The Manderlys of White Harborwere Andals,welcomed from the Starks and given the region of White Harbor,in the deal stuck in Wolf's Den.They worship the Seven and have the best Heavy Cavalry of the north,The White Knights of Manderly.
Riverlander
-Frey-Freys of the Crossing are the most powerful bannermen of the Tullies.They have an army of thousands of men from the crossing.Spear-and-crossbow oriented,on my viewpoint
-Blackwood-Unique culture in the Riverlands,the Blackwoods keep the old gods and have an army made up of archers
Westerner
-Westerling-Proud and honorful,more than powerful,The Westerlings of The Crag are a very weak,but one of the most ancient houses in the West
-Crackehall-The Crackehalls of Crackehall are a powerful house in the West.Their men are known for great strength.
-Crownlands-The men of the crownlands were once sworn to House Targaryen,but after Robert's Rebellion they followed whomever sat on the Iron Throne.(Weak troops and only Joffrey's party is made of them only and goldcloaks,the only strong troops).
Reach
-Hightower-Hohttp://forums.taleworlds.com/Themes/TWcurve/images/bbc/italicize.gifuse Hightower of Oldtown are the most powerful bannermen of House Tyrell.Pikemen mostly.
-Redwyne-Lord Paxter Redwyne of The Arbor has the greatest fleet of the Reach,and the best sailors.Medium infantry.
-Tarly-The Battle of Ashford is the onyl battle Mace Tyrell has won...and the greatest part of the battle was won by Lord Tarly's Vanguard.
Stormland
-Florents-The Florents are a house from the Reach,sworn to King Stannis during the War of the Five Kings,since Queen Selyse is a Florent.
-Pirates-The Fleet of Lyseni pirates was brought to Stannis by Salladhor Saan,captain of The Valyrian.
-Blackwater-Blackwater troops are Stannis' loyalists since before Renly's death.Stannis,Velaryon,Bar Emmon,Celtigar and Seaworth parties are made only of Blackwater Men.
Dornish
-Yronwood-Yronwoods are the most powerful bannermen of Dorne.They were once the rivals of the Martells for ruling Dorne.
-Marcher-Marchers have the most Andal blood in Dorne.Only,Dayne of Starfall,Dayne of High Hermitage,but even Caron and Rickard Storm from Stormlands are made of Marchers.
Ironborn
-Harlaws-House Harlaw of Ten Towers is the house of Queen Alannys Harlaw.Rodrik Harlaw is made only of them and Asha Greyjoy's party is made mostly of them.
-Iron Fleet-The heaviest soldiers of the Ironborn are part of the iron fleet.Victarion's party is made only of Iron Fleet men.Other parties have few of them.
-Reaver-Lightest and weakest of the ironborns.Reavers spawn like bandit parties and only Theon's Party is made of them.
Vale-No idea about this
-
-

I thought you where making your own mod.

It's good to see that you joined together!  :wink:
It's really a mess with all these ASoIaF mods. You all should join together! There's no point doing the same thing more then once (For the player base at least I suppose ;P)
Maybe you could at least come  to some agrredment with the others to share resources? Say for example, if you are working on exact same thing maybe one team would make Stark troops first and give them to the other team while they make Lannisters and do the same, and later you could re-do Lannisters yourself after the release if you want to make it original.
I'am sure I would be happy with that... As it would speed up the release of everything ;p

I just thought of this.  Marriage in the game, Cersei (At the time this takes places) Is -technically- not married. (She has a lover as we all know :wink: ).

Is the mod team gonna allow a player to try and pursue our favorite queen ;P?

I agree with the cultures standpoint. And as to how it should effect the game; It should supplement the Faction relations between each other.

For example:

The Starks and the Boltons are indeed bannermen and if the player joins the Starks and then calls the banners, there should be a chance that Bolton would revolt and choose not to.

Another example:

The Freys are a proud and foolish people. So if the player makes a promise to the Freys, say taking on a job or something of that nature, and then backs out it should have heavy repercussions from the Freys. IE: Attempted assassination and the like.

Just my 2cents.

New screenies on 1st page!

We'll give Boltons and Freys a high tendency for treason and joining the enemy, don't worry about that  :wink:

"Is the mod team gonna allow a player to try and pursue our favorite queen ;P?"
Well, she's mother to Joeffry, so she will appear in King's Landing. And marriage is already implemended in Warband... So yeah, You can mount her  :wink:

"I don't know if its this mod specifically, but A Clash of kings mod was released on the M&B repository"
well, our mod's time line starts in the middle of Clash of Kings plot, right after Renly's death.

And once again, thanks to everyone for their support!  :grin:

Shimmler said:
And what culture should affect? Troop trees? Or appearance of soldier types?
Troop trees and,mostly faces:
Dornish and Yronwood have same faces,indo-persian.
Marcher have spanish/portugese medieval like.

P.S.I always imagined Casterly Rock with a big Golden Throne and 2 lying lionesses on its foot.Also,the chairs should be in order and each lord should spawn near a chair(Sp positioning) as Lord Tywin hates disorder.

Awesome! Just two questions about the Update pictures: The first Lannisters shield, when the character holds it does he look like all the way up? Or is it that it's normally tilted to the side?

And allso I don't really like when armours and heraldry has a very detailed emblems of stuff like axes for example on them. Especially on armour it allways looks really out of place, for me that is. It looks all the worse when the emblem's put straight on the material and not surrounded by a background shield or anything.
Just a small little bit of criticism, hopefully constructive.

These works are exposed wrongly, they won't be used in a mod, qualitative structures will be used only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom