SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say but these previews are of finished troops. Where as I can see where you are coming from, these will probably not change due to the fact that we have more pressing issues at hand. Also for future referrence, I'm not trying to be a troll or anything but instead of just complaining that you don't like how it fits. How about offering a solution. I.e. "Have guys thought about using _________ instead of roses?" That is how you positivley critic something. And we might even take your suggestion to heart instead of pointlessly arguing about the culture of a fantasy desert people.

hiner said:
Sorry to say but these previews are of finished troops. Where as I can see where you are coming from, these will probably not change due to the fact that we have more pressing issues at hand. Also for future referrence, I'm not trying to be a troll or anything but instead of just complaining that you don't like how it fits. How about offering a solution. I.e. "Have guys thought about using _________ instead of roses?" That is how you positivley critic something. And we might even take your suggestion to heart instead of pointlessly arguing about the culture of a fantasy desert people.

Or better yet, model your own armor for that troop and offer it to us.

For those who are complaining , do not forget that the only way to have a Asoiaf mod like you want is to do it yourself.
  The team is trying to stick on the background as hard as they can , but soon or later they must make some choice.
Everyone imagine a different Westeros (less than before cause of the tv Show) .

in this mod of a game of thrones can we reruit the lannister gaurds seen throughout the tv series and can we reruit the nights watchmen

Hurleur said:
For those who are complaining , do not forget that the only way to have a Asoiaf mod like you want is to do it yourself.
  The team is trying to stick on the background as hard as they can , but soon or later they must make some choice.
Everyone imagine a different Westeros (less than before cause of the tv Show) .

Exactly.

And I still don't understand how it is possible that there are still people out there waiting for this mod for months and months only asking and commenting, but not contributing anything. I've joined the team maybe a couple of months ago and I love what I'm doing and I've done a lot not just for myself, but for all the fans of George Martin's awesome universe. It is not hard at all, it just needs time and desire to learn.

Everyone in the team isn't a professional modeller or texturer (or, in my case, writer and coder). If you love A Song of Ice and Fire (A Game of Thrones), how can you not do your best to make this dream come true? When I first joined I just wanted to help out with some text stuff and see my name on the first page. Now I don't care about it anymore (and why should I? whatever anyone else thinks I feel like being a part of something really great, awesome and unique and that people will smile and laugh at the little funny stuff I'm implementing or touched by some things, but well, if I keep going I can spoil something), I spend half a day (I understand not everyone can afford that; I am a student and now I have holidays) coding and writing and fixing stuff here and there and testing it all and implementing unique things never seen in any other mod.

I do not ask you to learn modelling right away and model whole troop tree for us. I do not ask anything, actually. This above is just my thoughts expressed here in this thread. But if you want to help, do something. Scening is easy (easier than you think, I've hit a little scene myself without ANY preparation at all just because I wanted to) and thrilling and you will love it. Just imagine recreating some renowned castle or city by yourself.

Find volunteers, sceners, modellers, texturers, ask other teams, ask your friends and mates, advertise our mod, make other people want to help it if you can't.

Peace :smile:

themightytemplar said:
They are yellow roses, same as the tyrell's, and although the robe isn't green, it reminds me of the tyrell sigil.
Besides, it seems strange for dornish troops to wear robes decorated with roses because
1. they live in a desert, and as much as i know, roses aren't common in deserts.
2. the rose is the sigil of the tyrells, and martells and tyrells don't have a good relationship with each other, so why should martells let their troops wear the sigil of their rivals ??

Okay, no offence mate, but it seems you know nothing about heraldry at all.

Take lions for example: Norway had golden lions on red and England had golden lions on red. now tell me please, how does your logic sticks to the fact that both contries had armed conflicts in medieval times?

Shimmler said:
themightytemplar said:
They are yellow roses, same as the tyrell's, and although the robe isn't green, it reminds me of the tyrell sigil.
Besides, it seems strange for dornish troops to wear robes decorated with roses because
1. they live in a desert, and as much as i know, roses aren't common in deserts.
2. the rose is the sigil of the tyrells, and martells and tyrells don't have a good relationship with each other, so why should martells let their troops wear the sigil of their rivals ??

Okay, no offence mate, but it seems you know nothing about heraldry at all.

Take lions for example: Norway had golden lions on red and England had golden lions on red. now tell me please, how does your logic sticks to the fact that both contries had armed conflicts in medieval times?

I support the point that it doesnt matter, but he is right though, it is exactly the same as a tyrell rose.. but eh, a Rose is a Rose.... and its just a cloth...

It's not really the same as a Tyrell rose at all because, y'know, its a decorative pattern on a robe and not being used as a flag, banner or anything else.

Are you really going to see them from across the battlefield and think 'What ho, those teeny tiny roses I can barely make out indicate that these are clearly Tyrell soldiers and not the Martell ones they ought to be. I've fallen down the rabbit hole and come out straight into Wonderland.'

The answer is no, you will not. Floral patterns like that are very suitable for that style of clothing and fit the character of Dorne quite well.

As Shimmler already tried to hint out: Heraldry, as a science, differs very specifically if a symbol or muster is "heraldic", which means it's only stylized usually, and sticks to a certain panel of colour choices, which also need to set a clear contrast between the symbol and the background.

So whatever context you take in account, the Dhorne veteran archer might be able to afford a better cloth than the recruit, but the artful blossoms on his coat do in no point demonstrate any allegiance with House Tyrell just because it's flowers.
If anything, it demonstrates that Dhornish Veteran archers get too high wages (dyed cloth with muster) and have bad taste.

So I take it the mod isn't released yet? I just found this the other day at work, finally got a chance to come and look for the download...

And no, I'm not reading 450 pages of this. XD

okashiikessen said:
So I take it the mod isn't released yet? I just found this the other day at work, finally got a chance to come and look for the download...

This is an ongoing project but a lot of ground needs to be covered. The first page contains a great deal of information that should answer most inquiries, please look into it if you can.

also looking forward to this :smile:

am currently trying to learn how to mod. have been doing text tweaks but wanna start learning python. when i get time off work in a couple of weeks would love a chance to help you guys!

produno said:
also looking forward to this :smile:

am currently trying to learn how to mod. have been doing text tweaks but wanna start learning python. when i get time off work in a couple of weeks would love a chance to help you guys!

I would suggest doing that (for our cause, at least) only if you plan to implement really big and immense things. We have ingenious scripts and pieces of code written by Legionaire and upgraded/fixed by Grandmaster as well as my fixes and implementations and constant coding.

My personal advice would be to learn modelling/scening instead if you want to help us out. These are the things that we need most of all right now.

Owen Wulfson said:
okashiikessen said:

This is an ongoing project but a lot of ground needs to be covered. The first page contains a great deal of information that should answer most inquiries, please look into it if you can.

Yeah, I read through most of it. But couldn't find the stuff I REALLY wanted (release date, download link)... And I could help with any writing that needs doing, but I'm not a coder or graphic artist... :/

okashiikessen said:
Owen Wulfson said:
okashiikessen said:

Yeah, I read through most of it. But couldn't find the stuff I REALLY wanted (release date, download link)... And I could help with any writing that needs doing, but I'm not a coder or graphic artist... :/

Did you try reading the name of the subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom