Warband Matchmaking Client (WBMM) [v1.8 BETA]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys keep talking about 'every matchmaking service' does not force you to talk etc... no one is forcing you to talk we just want people to be able to listen.

In other games such as CSGO you have a ingame voice chat which cuts out the need for TS. But in Warband we do not have this, which is why TS is a very solid and essential alternative.
Without TS most of the matches (not all of them) go badly, I don't think I played in more than 2 matches which I won without at-least 6 people being in ts being able to co-ordinate.

Now you guys wanna cry coz you don't want to sit in a ts with people you do not like, that's fine just mute them or don't talk yourself no one is actually forcing you to talk, but without ts3 most of the matches will and do fail.
Without ts3 the new players will not know drops, or will go random classes as it happens a lot of the time having 5 cav on nord town as nords is never fun or vice versa with the other factions and maps.

Also, no this is probably not intended for actual competitive use. But since it did kill IG some people (not all of you) could at-least to attempt to make it more try-hard for training and actual match experience outside of tournaments and training matches.
It is also arguably much superior to IG, less interference from random admins, quicker and more fun game-play, no circle which you need to follow or get killed. Just an environment where you can train and better yourself.

Maybe you should add in a clan system where you can play vs other clans if you guys would prefer one mode where it's 'fun' and one where it's 'competitive', which would eliminate any need for the use of mandatory ts3 usage and limit it to the people who only want to actually use it for competitive.

This is better than running in circles in IG even without ts. However if you want to have a higher chance to win and enjoy, no doubt joining ts for 15 mins will help.

Add the option to queue with other players in a group of up to 8, people are more likely to play seriously in ts with people they are more familiar with or in the same clan as.

well the problem is if 8 good players queue up they will destroy the enemy what completely destroys the "balance" mm has atm.
even more matches are gonna get dodged and those which wont arent fun.

DuckTheMean said:
Add the option to queue with other players in a group of up to 8, people are more likely to play seriously in ts with people they are more familiar with or in the same clan as.

Two things against that:
- Team balancing is going to be completely ****ed. Brian will probably have infinite mmr if this is implemented.
- The player base is not large enough to fit groups of players together. Let's say the queue contains two groups of 5 and a group of 6. While not very likely, of course, this case would completely screw up matchmaking. There are 16 players, but no teams that can be formed.

I would personally allow at most two and even that's iffy. We have enough players to consistently play matches, but not enough for multi-queue or even duoQ.

Maximou said:
[size=36pt]JOIN MY TOURNEY COUNCIL TOURNAMENT 2
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,377467.0.html

Hell no. Even if i considered, after this post i wouldnt for sure lol

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Considering that this has effectively replaced IG, I'm going to treat it the same. Save the try harding for scrims smh.
OurGloriousLeader said:
Every matchmaking service in gaming has people who don't communicate and there's no way you can force that, only use incentives. The Join TS button is a great addition, people just need to accept not everyone will use it or wants to join ts every match.
Scar said:
I can see both sides of the argument: One group says want to prepare as best as we can for competitive matches, therefore communication via Teamspeak is a must, simply because communication plays a big part in competitive gaming. The other group says that since IG Battlegrounds is gone, the scene lacks a more laid back option to play and enjoy the game. Personally, I'm leaning more towards the second option at the moment.
OurGloriousLeader said:
Apollo agree with all that but you still won't force people to join TS, so there's no point trying.

Smart people

OurGloriousLeader said:
i reverse my position
xD

You can never force people to join TS even if this is considered semi-competitive, specially at this stage of the game where there's not much alternative to play battle mode elsewhere. I'd rather use incentives like the scotchman above said.

Also Maximou what's wrong with you?

dopey said:
I wont join ts cos i cant be arsed to listen some1 breathe in my ear while im just tryna play a few rounds of mountain blade

+1

I feel I could even join the TS sometimes but I can't be bothered to look for the address. Can you put it somewhere in the client?

Harman said:
dopey said:
I wont join ts cos i cant be arsed to listen some1 breathe in my ear while im just tryna play a few rounds of mountain blade

+1

I feel I could even join the TS sometimes but I can't be bothered to look for the address. Can you put it somewhere in the client?

There's a button on the right side of the chat saying 'join ts'

Using TS would solve issues with coordination, calls etc however forcing people to use it does not seem viable.
Also if you're playing with the mentality that this is another IG_Battlegrounds then this would eventually get you banned. WBMM was designed for players that are willing to play Warband competitively which also serves as a good training ground for official scrims.

Can't you competitive obsessed players see that you're all flogging a dead horse? Everyone is waiting for Bannerlord, and Warband won't become any more fun or active no matter how competitive it is. So what's the point in trying so hard to cater to the competitive community when the player base is hopelessly dying?

Snazzelicious said:
Can't you competitive obsessed players see that you're all flogging a dead horse? Everyone is waiting for Bannerlord, and Warband won't become any more fun or active no matter how competitive it is. So what's the point in trying so hard to cater to the competitive community when the player base is hopelessly dying?

I actually hate you and you're a moron who doesn't even play the game but thinks they're able to type random crap they don't know. What is your purpose in this game/forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom