War Thunder, Update 1.97: Swedish Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

That's the low-tier seal clubbing combo of choice.

Russia str0nk planes or invincible Hurricanes of doom (you cannot shoot down plane made of wood comrade, for the wood is Stalinwood).

AoW Campaign
Battle of Britain - 27.10.1940

No. 46 Squadron - B flight
Scramble!

At 18:00 a large formation of low Hun bombers appeared over Caistor aerodrome. All available RAF aircraft scrambled. B flight of No. 46 Hurricane Squadron managed to get off the ground while A section's machines were crushed in the hangars. No. 41 Spitfire Squadron's blue section managed to get off the ground although they lost one plane during the contested take-off. The German bombers machinegunned the airfield as they passed causing much chaos.

The RAF chased the bombers all the way to the channel eager to dish out some vengeance. No. 46 Hurricanes claimed a total of 2,5 kills by P/O Charles Remlinger and (A) F/L William Grey where No. 41 Spitfires claimed five bombers. Anti-aircraft fire claimed another two bombers.

(A) F/L William Grey attempted to chase a Bf 110 South of English point but his engine began cutting out from a glycol leak. He crashlanded in an idyllic field just North of the cliffs and was greeted by enthusiastic locals with beer and music.

shot+2016.05.24+21.41.35.jpg
shot+2016.05.24+21.45.07.jpg
shot+2016.05.24+21.46.44.jpg
shot+2016.05.24+21.48.56.jpg
shot+2016.05.24+21.49.43.jpg
shot+2016.05.24+21.51.16.jpg
shot+2016.05.24+21.54.40.jpg

This mission was chaotic and brief. Enjoyable really.

Arvenski said:
:shock: :eek:

I don't know if I've ever seen kill scores that high. What were you flying?
That's what happens in arcade when everyone gets half a dozen respawns. :lol: I have a noticeable lack of planes around the same BR, having only gone up the Fw190 and Stuka lines (I wanted decent options for ground battles, nothing more), so when I was last playing I only took my Fw190 A-1 and A-4 and still managed an average of ~8 kills per match while getting the occasional 10+. Sometimes, somebody on the team would ***** that I only had 2 planes, but when you make ace in both of them in a single match what does it matter?

In arcade (and to an extent, RB) using something other than mouse aim is a self-imposed handicap. The degree of accuracy you get from a mouse is more important than the flight control you lose, especially with cannons. A quick burst of cannon fire is enough to kill just about anyone, provided you hit them.

I wish they added a plane-spawn limit of 3 in arcade, just like in ground forces. Sometimes, the teams aren't numerically balanced, and there is always that guy you kill over and over again, and he keeps respawning.

The Bowman said:
I wish they added a plane-spawn limit of 3 in arcade, just like in ground forces. Sometimes, the teams aren't numerically balanced, and there is always that guy you kill over and over again, and he keeps respawning.
Please, no.

It would be nice, actually. It's annoying that someone who throws money at the game gets more lives than someone who doesn't - by virtue of having more crews - and thus has more opportunities to influence the outcome of the game. Taken to the extreme it's quite literally pay to win, when you consider the possibility of one team with all crew slots against another with just the free crews. As unlikely as that particular setup is, varying degrees of it happen all the time, and the degree of imbalance doesn't change the fact that it's inherently unfair.

Sure, a guy who's good and has more respawns than other folks can influence the game in his team's favor, but on the flip side, if he sucks, he's just giving the enemy team more xp.

Try grinding Japanese planes at about the 4.3 battle rating. :razz:

On the other hand, even if you don't need more than 3, it's nice when the enemy can use more than 3. That means there's more for you to shoot down. :razz:

Apparently there was a livestream earlier that revealed a couple more new tanks coming:
post-592646-0-76544700-1464186190.png
asdb4ax5zi67m.jpg

Given its tierage, it'll probably work rather like an amphibious heavy(ish) tank, so if nothing else, it could pummel some reserve light tanks off to the side.

Arvenski said:
Well, from what I've read on the WT forum, Japanese tanks are in development. So, that's something.

Last time I bothered checking, there was still a discussion on whether they'll show up in any capacity but as an extension of the German tree, though.

Back
Top Bottom