Version 0.621 is out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version 0.620 had a few critical bugs, therefore I needed to release a version 0.621 quickly, which fixes the key binding and weapon proficiency reset bugs.

Before going on with the change log, I would like to thank all Mount&Blade players for their amazing support and enthusiasm. We hope you'll enjoy the new version.

Change Log:
---------------
Fixed the sound coming in reverse from speakers.
Added secondary upgrade option to some troops.
Fixed the "Take message to Lord of Zendar" bug.
Fixed facing directions of NPCs and Player in tournaments and towns.
Fixed blocking exploit by pressing LMB and RMB simultaneously.
Added horse armor to horse description
Lame horses now heal with time. Healing time is shortened by party's wound treatment skill level
lance is couched at lower speed.
Added max_framerate configuration option (default 300)
Pressing configure button in the launcher window now opens rgl_config.txt for editing.
Added "allow quit without saving" option.
Added a 10% damage and speed penalty to using polearms with a shield.
Reduced attack speed of lances and some other polearms.
Enemies shouldn't merge into each other anymore.
Added effects for spirited and heavy horses
Parties shouldn't spawn on water anymore.
Fixed excessive rewards for army supply quests
Fixed mouse pointer disappearing.
Added Combat speed option
Added Difficulty Rating to Options screen.
Fixed no army wage with Swadians bug.
Player can switch sides now.
Thrown weapons now stack like other ranged weapons.
Horses now deal damage correctly when they hit footmen
Changed "limp" horse modifier to "lame"
You can now wield a shield together with a thrown weapon
Missiles get stuck on shields and horses.
Added new item types: throwing knifes, throwing axes, stones, bodkin arrows, barbed arrows, great lance, jousting lance
Player can now pay the bandits instead of fighting.
Fixes to archer and horse-archer AI
Improvements and fixes to some dialogs

:shock:
Cheers for armagan!
*raises a pint*

A bit unclear here:
Enemies shouldn't merge into each other anymore.
Does this mean the enemies can't hit through each other anymore?
I'm not home, i cant play and test it :sad:

Weird, still does it for me, even when i try a new browser window and refresh. Oh well, download it at uni tommorow :smile:

Cant wait :grin:

Yea, and a patch too! Thank, Armagan :smile: Too bad I'll have to wait for night to d/l it... ok, I can wait.
Gotta get on to updating FAQ after that.

armagan said:
They can still hit through each other. I had turned that off once but then it became too easy to fight mobs of enemies. :sad:

Aww... that was one of my main problems.
I'd have 3 or so enemies all coming at me in a clump. And I can do anything but block. Cause as soon as I try to swing, I'll get hit, because they're all swining one after another. So there's always a weapon coming at me.

I was hoping that would be fixed.

Well, remeber, they will not merge into each other, thefore it will be harder for them to swarm you.
And besides, 'friendly fire' will require a drastic rewrite of AI, cause otherwise they'll just kill each other w/o you twiching a finger. That's what Armagan meant by 'killing made easy' comment, no doubts :smile:.
And besides, you'll start to hit friendly troops too. I guess it's not that bad.. at least, for now.

Brilliant change log.

One thing

"added horse armour to description"

Does that mean in future we'll be able to buy different sorts of armour for our horse?

Balor said:
Well, remeber, they will not merge into each other, thefore it will be harder for them to swarm you.
And besides, 'friendly fire' will require a drastic rewrite of AI, cause otherwise they'll just kill each other w/o you twiching a finger. That's what Armagan meant by 'killing made easy' comment, no doubts :smile:.
And besides, you'll start to hit friendly troops too. I guess it's not that bad.. at least, for now.

True, of course, I'd like to see "friendly fire" active. It makes sense to me.

I've still had some trouble with groups. They don't pile into the same space, but I've noticed that a lot of weapons give them the reach to hit you while they're behind a friend.

Also, there are times when they'll "push" around a friend, and so I've got like 3 guys standing side by side all swinging at me.

Have I been blind/deaf since the previous version, or have you

a) Now changed the colours of mission parties, such as Caravans you protect for merchants.

b) Made vast improvements of the sound. I suddenly feel that the sounds are a lot "cripser" than before.

It may be due to me (shock horror :shock: ) not playing it in weeks.

Back
Top Bottom