Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure you grasp the concept of Early-Access.

What is it with people and this knee-jerk response. The roadmap/plans and Steam store page all suggest the same thing: No substantial new features are planned or coming. Fixing up what is there is all that will happen. If you're not happy with the game in its current state - bugs aside - then you should be complaining, not trying to make excuses.

Once the game is actually complete, then start moaning
Yeah except it'll be way too late by then, won't it? Early Access release is an abomination, but since that can't be helped, what is the point of it if not to provide feedback? They don't need everyone to sit around saying "we trust you to make it good", we already did that by buying it - now we need to say if we think they're going in the wrong direction. And nobody is served by white knights shouting down valid criticism.

You probably think you're doing Taleworlds/the game a service - but you're not.

What is it with people and this knee-jerk response. The roadmap/plans and Steam store page all suggest the same thing: No substantial new features are planned or coming. Fixing up what is there is all that will happen. If you're not happy with the game in its current state - bugs aside - then you should be complaining, not trying to make excuses.

Yeah except it'll be way too late by then, won't it? Early Access release is an abomination, but since that can't be helped, what is the point of it if not to provide feedback? They don't need everyone to sit around saying "we trust you to make it good", we already did that by buying it - now we need to say if we think they're going in the wrong direction. And nobody is served by white knights shouting down valid criticism.

This is exactly right. EA is the time to be critical of the game design and provide feedback; negative and positive. I can't repeat what you said enough: "And nobody is served by white knights shouting down valid criticism".

I think people are afraid that negative feedback will demoralize the developers so much that they give up in despair and not finish the game.

Say this to your grand-grand-children !

More seriously it's true that i'm a bit disapointed by MB2, but at the same time if you are like me waiting for 10 years for it, you could guess it. Chaotic development + features announced then removed, lies, things done and then done again, etc...all of this does not bode well.
Some things are okay, some things are good. For the rest...I'm just hoping that the modding part is good enough so that fans can make a better game later.

So much this. That's literally the point of early access, providing feedback. That also includes criticism. That also includes criticism without fully fleshed out ideas on how to fix certain things.
So far I keep seeing people complain about dissatisfied people who are voicing their concerns and worries in a perfectly civilised manner and I can't see why they would want to do that. No one benefits from silencing genuine concerns.

You can complain all you want but when you have 100+ hours played and you only paid 50 dollars for it you’re being a little greedy especially considering game hasn’t even been released yet. Game is already well worth the $45 I paid for it, anything more is cherry on top. I got close to 200 hours already. Full game gonna come out in a year or so and that’ll be another 200 hours. Mods going to come out a few months after that and I’ll probably sink another 200 hours into them. Sure there’s things that they could add that they might not but at the same time there’s a good chance they will be added during or after EA. Game right now is a 7.5-8/10. People on this forum talk about it like it’s a 1/10, if it was you wouldn’t have all these hours

Exactly, I was referring to the steam ratings and this forum in general, i assume that the majority people who like the game (88% on steam at the moment) are actually playing the game and not posting angrily on the forum.

@StewVader if you stopped to think for a second you'd realize that:
1) People played the **** out of the game in the first month or so due to quarantine, ran out of content and are waiting for new patches.
2) Many countries are starting to ease lockdown again and lots of players don't have as much time to play as they did 2 weeks ago due to work/school/university.
hence why the player count dropped, plus its normal for the player base to shrink as time goes by, what did you expect, every single player to play the game for years to come? some people get bored of video games after a week.

A week! Hell, I've gotten tired with games in a few hours :grin:

Well I guess we disagree on what is considered new content. The things you've bolded are mostly in the game already, and changing what they currently do is fixing and balance - not something new. The game lacks any sort of complexity or depths. I hope my pessimism is misplaced and I hope i'm proven wrong, but it appears the game's content is essentially on our computers right now and only requires some fine tuning. (Not counting rebellions - which appears to be the only content not currently in the game, and mentioned in the EA disclaimer).

You can get a lot of complexity and depth just by tweaking whats already in the game.
For example if money gets a rarer ressource and more important because in future you might actually need it to develope your town, financial decission would get a lot more depth. If you had to choose what to get because you can't just buy everything the game would gain a lot complexity.
(Like in a good strategy game where good ressouce management is a key part)
So i don't think the game needs a lot more new content.

What kind of content did you hope for?

What also strikes me as odd is from what I have read, Bannerlord is missing many of the features that were present in Warband, I don't understand why you would not implement and try to improve on successful features from a previous game...or maybe they are going for something different in BL?

I wouldn't say that Bannerlord is missing features from Warband, most of the things that people are talking about here are from mods and DLCs (with Viking Conquest being basically a mod itself). Native Warband was a very bare bones module itself, and honestly after I conquer my first town I always find little motivation to continue in Native.

I honestly would argue that there is more to do in Bannerlord in its current state (albeit in an unpolished form) than there is in the latest update of Native Warband.

I certainly feel they cut a lot of corners and went with the bare minimum acceptable in terms of features and content. They even themselves seem surprised as to how well recieved it has been.
they ****ed us

So if you review the statement put out by the developer Duh_TaleWorlds you will see that it does not actually include any mention of new content or features.

This is a list of things already in the game, which require fixing and balancing....there is no mention of any new features or content. I think if they had new content and features they were working on...they would have mentioned them here, but they did not.

Its reads like: "We are going to finish fixing the game you've already got."

I don't know what else you can take away from their statement and its massively disappointing.

+1 - they probably released the game out of necessity, cashed in and now they are going to proceed to do wtvr the fk they needed to do in the first place.

I wouldn't say that Bannerlord is missing features from Warband, most of the things that people are talking about here are from mods and DLCs (with Viking Conquest being basically a mod itself). Native Warband was a very bare bones module itself, and honestly after I conquer my first town I always find little motivation to continue in Native.

I honestly would argue that there is more to do in Bannerlord in its current state (albeit in an unpolished form) than there is in the latest update of Native Warband.
Very true Native M&B was bare bones as hell. I love Warband but after my first couple of play-throughs I can't go back to the base game anymore. I've been involved in so many kickstarter, EA, and beta testing over the years it's really hard for me to get upset at this point. If in 5-6 months the game is still in this kind of state etc then I'm going to be pissed.

10 years in the making for what they currently have is not a good time-to-achievement ratio.

I love how the years number keeps going up as people seem to get their info from nothing but memes. A couple of weeks ago, it was all about "8 years." By the time early access finishes in 2021, you guys will be whining about how Bannerlord hasn't solved world hunger despite being in development since 1905.

I love how the years number keeps going up as people seem to get their info from nothing but memes. A couple of weeks ago, it was all about "8 years." By the time early access finishes in 2021, you guys will be whining about how Bannerlord hasn't solved world hunger despite being in development since 1905.
good question,also why didn't they prevent ww1 despite being in development for 108 years already in 1914? insane, devs ran away with spoils of war probably, wake up PEOPLE, WAKE UP

I wouldn't say that Bannerlord is missing features from Warband
I would. The most glaring is lack of independent village fief - it drove a lot of smaller interactions simply because it meant more lords around. There are no contenders, either. And that's already comparing a product of 10 years (yes, like it or not this game HAS been in development for 10 years in one form or another) with an incomparably larger budget to the graphical-facelift-with-some-tweaks release that was Warband. But it was still a tiny studio, a loved game getting an update, so people largely shrugged and looked to mods to fill out the gameplay. Having this as an intended design philosophy for Bannerlord (which really looks like it at this point), with the length of its development and literal multiple examples of what people find fun and desirable in the game (Warband mods) is not a good thing. At least to me - I don't want another Kenshi.

Bannerlord implements a bunch of new elements, but they require other parts of the game to be much more expanded on to really be meaningful to me. And, as others already mentioned - the priority list has nothing that genuinely adds to the features already present, in no matter how rudimentary form.

Perhaps it's an issue of communication (something that Taleworlds is absolutely horrible at), then again, looking at all the available evidence, perhaps not. Ultimately nobody knows how this will end (including, I suspect, Taleworlds staff) until Bannerlord is officially released, but - personally - I am not confident of the final result.

Hell, Taleworlds can't even be bothered to mobilize the tens of thousands of potential testers and idea sources that are Steam-only posters. As "special" as that forum can be, an EA title that does not have active communication with the largest customer pool available is probably not all that interested in genuinely expanding on what they already have.

Back
Top Bottom