Translations - V1.011 translations required

Users who are viewing this thread

Lope de Rojas said:
Could be possible to generate that files (.csv), of any mod, in order to get the new menus and dialogs you added? it would make the translation of mods easier...

what you explained at the start of the thread is only to translate the native .csv files, isn't it?
It is indeed possible - you can use this technique to translate any mod, and the language files should be placed in that directory instead. You may then translate the files as normal.

One other thing to note is that the user interface only needs to be translated once, as it is the same for each mod. It might be a good idea to translate it first and post it here, as so to give anyone wishing to translate another mod into your language a head start.

Eek. That's a typo that's been up there for a long time... :razz:

Thanks for drawing my attention to it.

I started translate the game in greek and I have a question.

I see this phrase:  ui_game_log|Game Log

I should only translate the: Game Log or the whole phrase?
The same goes to all the texts. For another example in the text with the hints i translated even the word "hint" that was in the beginning.

The text after the | should be translated. Anything before that is an identifier and should be left as it is, or the game will not recognise your translation.

Cymro said:
The text after the | should be translated. Anything before that is an identifier and should be left as it is, or the game will not recognise your translation.

Thanks! I translated the hints and I'm almost finished with the "uimain". Another question. To try this I must copy the whole folder in the languages folder and then do as you say in the first steps? (have the game in a window etc)

nikolis said:
Thanks! I translated the hints and I'm almost finished with the "uimain". Another question. To try this I must copy the whole folder in the languages folder and then do as you say in the first steps? (have the game in a window etc)
Yes, that's right. Rename the folder to something appropriate (in this case, el is the code for Greek), then change the content of the language.txt file from en to el. It would be best to check if everything that you've translated so far has worked, but I think the issues with non-latin characters displaying incorrectly have been fixed now.

Good luck :smile:

Kritzo: Thanks - would you like me to add you to the list of translators?

MrRoy said:
Cymro, just noticed that french is placed in the second list, but french language has a subforum :razz:
There, I've changed it and a few others now. By the way, is there any interest within the French subforum to translate the most recent version? The translation at the moment is for .960 I think.

Cymro said:
Kritzo: Thanks - would you like me to add you to the list of translators?

MrRoy said:
Cymro, just noticed that french is placed in the second list, but french language has a subforum :razz:
There, I've changed it and a few others now. By the way, is there any interest within the French subforum to translate the most recent version? The translation at the moment is for .960 I think.

There's a 1.011 version available, but some people say it's full of typos and such, but anyway here's the link.

MegaUpload
MediaFire

Hiya!

Spotted this topic on my brother's computer. I see there's no official Finnish translation yet, and I thought, I might have go too. I transalte from English to Finnish as a profession anyway (mostly fantasy-novels), so it might seem nice in my so called "digi-CV" :smile:.

Just a few questions:

I suppose it means, that I'm to get the game myself, I can't just copy the translating files from my brother, right?

Would I be able to get my hands to these files even if my computer couldn't run the game?

-Tuomas--

Tuomu said:
I suppose it means, that I'm to get the game myself, I can't just copy the translating files from my brother, right?

Would I be able to get my hands to these files even if my computer couldn't run the game?
I wouldn't have thought that there would be any problems with getting just the language files from your brother's copy of the game.

Hi, everybody, we're a translator team from the italian subforum, and we'd like to make a couple of questions:

1) we already finished our translation, so we'd like to replace the existing one (wich, by the way, is for 0.751). Is it possible?

2) as we activated the translation, we noticed that our translated autorun looks different from the normal autorun.

90710218.png

Now, we know we have to edit a file, but it looks like it's encrypted. Does anybody know how open\edit it, or is it just impossible?

Thanks in advance.

Nikephoros said:
Hi, everybody, we're a translator team from the italian subforum, and we'd like to make a couple of questions:

1) we already finished our translation, so we'd like to replace the existing one (wich, by the way, is for 0.751). Is it possible?

2) as we activated the translation, we noticed that our translated autorun looks different from the normal autorun.

90710218.png

Now, we know we have to edit a file, but it looks like it's encrypted. Does anybody know how open\edit it, or is it just impossible?

Thanks in advance.
Could someone help us?

Onko suomennos jo valmis? Aika moni tyyppi vaikuttaa ilmoittautuneen vapaaehtoiseksi. Mistä sen voi ladata?

So, has the finnish translation been done yet? A lot of dudes seem to have volunteered. Where can I download it?

Sir Archvalt said:
Is there any translation for portuguese (of Portugal)?

I haven't found any...

I extend the question, to ask if there is any translation for brazilian portuguese. I would gladly do such a translation, it's a good way to keep my english up to shape. :smile:

Hi,

I just spotted this thread today by chance while looking for the recent P2P discussion.

I have done another translation of the 1.011 into Spanish. Would it be possible to provide you with a link to it in the repository?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom