Total War: Attillia

Users who are viewing this thread

p9WmEQn.gif

Gotta wait till the end of the DLC cycle before they allow you to do anything, yeah. Like with Shogun 2.
But anyway, you can do some rather important things to rebalance (and arguably improve) aspects, like AI priorities, armies, AI armies, edicts, buildings and when and how you get access to any of it.

I'm done with the TW series, definitely not buying Rome 2 or any TW games for the forseeable future unless they really turn things around. While even Rome 2 does some things well, far too much has seen little or no real change over the years (AI is still ****ing retarded and often has pathing issues and does far too much running), balance is weird (weird even considering they try to balance it for gamey reasons over realism), and too much stuff they just dropped the ball on, assuming they even had that ball up in the first ****ing place. Also, far too much locked away from modders and an insulting DLC strategy.

I'll likely buy it when it gets cheap if the reviews are decent. Definitely won't pay full price for it though.

Also, about CA being greedy bastards, they don't really have much choice. They do as Sega says or they're out of a job.

To be honest look at the fanbase they had prior to Shogun 2/R2TW. Smaller games and studios do self-publishing, and just take CD Projekt RED as an example. No one pushes them ---> Perfect games.
Why any studio needs a publisher anymore, with such a strong independent and indie scene, solutions such as Steam and what not, is a mystery really.

Dat CGI was rad. Nice CGI makes be happy.

Somewhat looking forward to this, I do enjoy Rome 2 quite a bit (mainly the Iceni and Greeks) and it has gotten much better overtime. Though, as some have said, I don't expect this to be anymore than a Napoleon-esc type thang.

Sherlock Holmes said:
To be honest look at the fanbase they had prior to Shogun 2/R2TW. Smaller games and studios do self-publishing, and just take CD Projekt RED as an example. No one pushes them ---> Perfect games.
Why any studio needs a publisher anymore, with such a strong independent and indie scene, solutions such as Steam and what not, is a mystery really.
Exactly.

Jec94227 said:
I'll likely buy it when it gets cheap if the reviews are decent. Definitely won't pay full price for it though.
You mean the reviews that are bought through Doritos and Mountain Dew? I mean, advertising space on the websites and "private" connections with the so-called journalists who will be employed by the publishers after they've done their 1-3 year in "games journalism"?

Jec94227 said:
Also, about CA being greedy bastards, they don't really have much choice. They do as Sega says or they're out of a job.
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

oh ****. You're serious.

What a ****ing retard.

Sir Prince said:
I'm done with the TW series, definitely not buying Rome 2 or any TW games for the forseeable future unless they really turn things around. While even Rome 2 does some things well, far too much has seen little or no real change over the years (AI is still ****ing retarded and often has pathing issues and does far too much running), balance is weird (weird even considering they try to balance it for gamey reasons over realism), and too much stuff they just dropped the ball on, assuming they even had that ball up in the first ****ing place. Also, far too much locked away from modders and an insulting DLC strategy.
Not always, but this time, I agree with Sir Prince.

To me, MTW2 was the last truly great Total War series.

I don't know, everything after that just hasn't changed/improved enough. I haven't even put in 100 hours to anything since MTW2. Also, it gets to the point now where I just expect more from the AI. There is zero replayability with the AI available.

I don't know. Am I expecting too much from multi-million dollar triple-A production (no sarcasm) ?

I think Shogun 2 was a good game, after they patched it of course.
Perhaps theme wasn't what eveyone was lookin' for.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
When forced to either support CA's next installment or do cocaine, I'll need someone to teach me how to 8 ball now.

Try some cheese with cocaine, it wides your mind like hell. Wish I had cheese and cocaine when Rome 2 fiasco happened.

Poem of Maeror said:
I think Shogun 2 was a good game, after they patched it of course.
Perhaps theme wasn't what eveyone was lookin' for.
The theme wasn't the problem dude. I played the original Shogun and fell in love with the series.

Shogun 2 even after patched, wasn't that big an improvement from previous installments. The content is obviously different due to different setting, but it's not improved is it? There's just not really any replayability there.

Also not a big fan of their business model lately.

Shogun 2 had a very nice multyplayer aspect, I really enjoyed it.

On the other end though he had the dullest single player of the whole series. Having the same type of army was good in the multy but boring there, also the fact they chose to cut away the typical semi random characters and generals devolpment really killed it for me.

I'm not going to give money to CA or SEGA this time

Jhessail said:
Jec94227 said:
You mean the reviews that are bought through Doritos and Mountain Dew? I mean, advertising space on the websites and "private" connections with the so-called journalists who will be employed by the publishers after they've done their 1-3 year in "games journalism"?

Jec94227 said:
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

oh ****. You're serious.

What a ****ing retard.

Haha well **** you too.

I don't pay attention to actual review sites, haven't for some time now. Though I can see how that assumption would be made, since there is only one source of reviews. Obviously.

Back
Top Bottom