SP Fantasy Tohlobaria (v0.8 is out!)

fladin

Baron
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
I read the whole serie, me too I confess that I barely understood the outline (I'm not even talking about the philosophical, ecological and other more "adult" themes), I was too young for that, not enough background to understand. But I was greatly impressed it was so good nevertheless. Maybe it's time to read it again, now that I'm old and cynical.

BTW, I think A Song Of Ice And Fire was "inspired" by Dune (a little too much for my taste :shifty:)

Ettenrocal

Baron
Best answers
White walkers are spice eaters? I should make a video of me creating a scene that would last for months and be in 25 episodes 🤣 This town looks pretty cool!

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Best answers
BTW, I think A Song Of Ice And Fire was "inspired" by Dune (a little too much for my taste :shifty:)
Well, in an interview, Martin listed Dune among his inspirations, but the primary inspiration (you can even say the SoIaF is just a fantasy retelling of it) are the books by Maurice Druon. They are pretty good, political thriler in the 14th century France and a bit in England. I own and have read the first 2 books, but sadly I cannot find the other books anywhere near my place. :sad:

fladin

Baron
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Very interesting, I haven't read any of Martin's books, I thought he took inspiration mainly from the War of the Roses, I only saw the tv show, the similarities that struck me while watching that serie:

Two feudal rival houses : starks vs lannisters => atreides vs harkonnen
A charismatic leader and father led to a trap and betrayed early in the story : Ned Stark => Leto Atreides
Some secret societies here and there : Priestess of the Lord of Light => Bene Gesserit and Faceless Men => Bene Tleilax (it's this point, with that "Face Dancer" thing, which confirmed to me the relation between the two universes).
And of course Bran Stark is literally Paul Muad'dib !
I'm sure there's more complete topics about those similitudes, but these are my own conclusions based on the tv serie and not the books.

fladin

Baron
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Sorry for this digression, but this case got stuck through my throat for a long time and it should come out :???:...

Now "Let’s go back to our sheep 🇫🇷" , the boring Ai mesh :

fladin

Baron
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
All I did was mess up Al Mansur's (?) work a little bit, but it's for a good cause :xf-grin:

Edit : Weekend videos, part 5 et 6

Edit 2 : and finally the siege scene

Edit 3 : this list is starting to get long and boring :roll:

Last edited: