Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

In a massive melee against some uruk parties,
I believe i've heard clearly an uruk agony as: "gosh, it was my birthday"
LOOOL

That, or my head us completely wasted

I would pick the second choice :razz:

I went to all that to get the book of Mazarbul and I find out the thing is USELESS!  :mad: I figured there would be some benefit from having it, but so far nothing. If I take it to Erebor will they give me something for it?

Limehill said:
p.s. I tend to prefer balancing weapons so that bows are useless against armor. It is more historical.  In European history, arrows could not pierce chain mail until the 14th century when English longbow got to a draw weight of about 150-200 pounds (which took a lifetime of training - English longbowmen were literally irreplaceable per generation). 

This is not true.
Composite bows could penetrate chainmail even in the 11th century. (not that chainmail was common btw.)

Warcat92 said:
I went to all that to get the book of Mazarbul and I find out the thing is USELESS!  :mad: I figured there would be some benefit from having it, but so far nothing. If I take it to Erebor will they give me something for it?

Not in this version. It's a quest work in progress. Unfortunately our coders are too busy fixing bugs and more critical stuff so that this quest is still left unfinished.

Limehill said:
Regarding the poll.  I really like playing dwarves, but when fighting wargs in numbers, getting bowled over every two seconds makes playing a race that cannot ride anything frustrating. 
    The thought that occurred to me was to make dwarves more resistant to getting knocked over, since they are extremely stocky and low to the ground (like the short guy hockey players in the good old days) - very hard to knock over.  I'm not sure if it is worth it to you all, but I think that would make a foot-based game as a dwarf much more enjoyable and entertaining.

p.s. I tend to prefer balancing weapons so that bows are useless against armor. It is more historical.  In European history, arrows could not pierce chain mail until the 14th century when English longbow got to a draw weight of about 150-200 pounds (which took a lifetime of training - English longbowmen were literally irreplaceable per generation).  Chain mail always had about 4 inches of tight cloth padding beneath it.  Chronicles describe knights walking off the battlefield looking like porcupines because they had so many arrows stuck in their chain mail without doing any harm.  During the crusades, Saladin told his troops not to waste ammo shooting at knights, but rather to aim for the horses.  Getting thrown from a horse, getting run through with a couched lance, or getting a dagger in the eye, armpit or groin were the only ways a knight in mail at that time could get killed in battle.  The scene of Faramir's charge getting shot down by arrows in the movies is a complete violation of military history - not even the English longbow could penetrate solid-steel breastplate, much less puny orc bows.
Polearms?  Spears and pikes are good for that.

Troll roaming the forums!

Xatham said:
NEjkoPEjko said:
For Elven players.

Did you get Glorfindel? I dont think he is worth 500 rank points now i mean come on. He is not THAT good.
Does it matter? You want rank points to get the rank 10 reward anyway. He's just a nice side effect.

Plus, Glorfindel solo'ed the strongest of the Balrogs, and killed it. He's one badass mofo.
Kamos32 said:
NEjkoPEjko said:
For Elven players.

Did you get Glorfindel? I dont think he is worth 500 rank points now i mean come on. He is not THAT good.

Yes he is. He's practically destroyed armies while a hid behind a shieldwall on a hill.
Might look into that.

Triglav said:
Not in this version. It's a quest work in progress. Unfortunately our coders are too busy fixing bugs and more critical stuff so that this quest is still left unfinished.

Would have been good to know, I swear I asked like 3 times on this thread about that book.

Does the ent water do anything?

Xatham said:
I steal the ones from the orcs.

Otherwise, you *could* store some in your inventory, and access it mid-battle.
Just happened across this post.  For me at least, sometimes(about 30-40% of the time) there's no inventory box.  And no, it isn't just hidden by grass, or NPCs, because I've sent them ahead to get them out of the way, AND, I was on a flat field on a few occasions.  Has anyone else had the inventory box not spawn?  Really makes it a pain when I don't have my bastard sword to grab when I'm out of arrows, or enemies are approaching too fast to run out of arrows, and I need a melee weapon.

If you're thirsty, you can drink the ent water, I guess.

The game gets boring after a while playing the elves because orcs/bad guys just suck.

- Charge is overpowered. With the special horse from Rohan, you can "one-shot" a long line of orc archers just by charging their line.

- Orc weapons are very weak. They barely scratch my armor and horse armor. Sometimes, I don't even have to use my shield.

And what level are you now(also, what type of armor do you have, and how much armor is it)?  Me, I'm MAYBE level 25(don't remember), and I'm taking a pretty good beating if there's enough of them, and I'm not on my horse. 

Well my copy of M&B should come tomorrow,I've got the mod downloaded just about to get the game patches.

Tralfaz said:
And what level are you now(also, what type of armor do you have, and how much armor is it)?  Me, I'm MAYBE level 25(don't remember), and I'm taking a pretty good beating if there's enough of them, and I'm not on my horse.

Get the rivendell leader armor with +44/+20 and you will survive much longer. Get the dunedain warhorse too, and you will steamroll lots of troops.

I think I will play orcs until next patch to have a more challenging gameplay. Even though they are so underpowered at the moment.

hey wat are the heroes for the good sides i found the gondor guy at minas tirith and the girl for rohan at edoras but it appears there are more?
edit: i would go look but i started a new campaign as gondor cause my old campaign got corrupted or something so yea i cant leave gondor/rohan area without dying

The old school heroes, Ulfas and Mablung, are at West Emnet and Henneth Annun respectively.

Triglav said:
Sp00nlord said:
What does the Entish Water actually do?
I used it from the camp menu and couldn't notice much difference so now I'm just curious.

Should make you stronger and grow you a beard. Even if playing a female character. Dunno if the coders managed to make it work tho.

I don't seem to have gained any strength and I already had a beard so no change there. I'm assuming it's still a WIP. Still, finding the ents was pretty amazing, especially after having visited the Dead Marshes and Amon Hen I was all the OMFG ENTS! Nice job.

EDIT: Scratch that. It just took a while to kick in.
Gained +1 str and +1 cha, sadly no dwarven beard growth as of yet.

Also, is the Old Ford location supposed to be assessable from the start of the game or should it be rumour-unlockable as the rest are?

Back
Top Bottom