Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Pillock said:
Curse you TLD! Curse you for being so amazing then crashing during any moderately-sized battle!  :cry:

I'm playing with 150 of battlesizer, in dx9, and my PC is awful

1.7 GHZ Pentium 4
1 GB of RAM
Geforce 6200 256 mb

And I haven't had any single crash in the two of my savegames (one with 100+ days as mordor's uruk hai, and one as Rohan with 30 days or something), so, if you keep crashing, it's because you don't lower graphics

Where do I move the .brf files for the manual 3.01 patch? The first page instructions say move it to MB/Data, but when I installed TLD 3.0 and manually moved the files I moved the .brfs to MB/CommonRes. This seems inconsistent and it makes me scared.

Also how do I know I have the 3.01 patch? Is there a way to confirm in game?

mymee said:
Where do I move the .brf files for the manual 3.01 patch? The first page instructions say move it to MB/Data, but when I installed TLD 3.0 and manually moved the files I moved the .brfs to MB/CommonRes. This seems inconsistent and it makes me scared.

Also how do I know I have the 3.01 patch? Is there a way to confirm in game?

In the patch the new (data) files are the .brfs (core_pictures, core_materials, core_shaders), that needs to be pasted in MB/CommonRes, and the mb.fxo, that needs to be pasted in the root folder of MB

Also has the giving troops bug been addressed? It's the bug where after you give troops to any city barracks there no option to continue from the next screen. The captain says he needs to check the rooster and you are prompted to mouseclick to continue, but it does nothing, and ur stuck there until you end process via taskmgr.

AWdeV said:
Tralfaz said:
AWdeV said:
Warg riders are a potent addition in any case though. What would be horrible (awesome) is if orc warg riders have lances and couch them. They'd be horrible slaughterers then.

Provided they won't distract themselves by throwing their own feces, etc.
BRILLIANT!

Is the 9 save game limit hard coded in the engine?  I've always hated that.  So limiting.  Have to go and copy/paste the originals, then start new ones, again and again.

Can't you delete a few? Surely you don't need more than 9 active saves? Even that is a lot.
No, it's not a lot for me.  I usually keep a save from before I took on a companion(first one, anyway), one from the very beginning, and a couple others, in case a file gets corrupted.  I'm used to saving a lot.  Hell, I usually wind up with around 35-40 saves in EaW, and don't even get me started on Kotor, and other RPGs. 

mymee said:
Also has the giving troops bug been addressed? It's the bug where after you give troops to any city barracks there no option to continue from the next screen. The captain says he needs to check the rooster and you are prompted to mouseclick to continue, but it does nothing, and ur stuck there until you end process via taskmgr.
Haven't had that happen, myself.  have some troops hanging out with Galadriel right now.

2dbp4yq.png

I have a problem.I going Old Fort, I click Change TLD Options,and I click Permanently death for lords and companions.It is off.I changed to on.But lords or companions are can't die.Please help me!!!

Note: Sorry for bad english.

mymee said:
I'm afraid that was not fixed in the current patch, you'll have to wait for the next one.
In the meantime, please avoid giving troops to anybody.

MadVader said:
mymee said:
I'm afraid that was not fixed in the current patch, you'll have to wait for the next one.
No penicillin in Middle Earth, you know.

"Rescue prisoners" quest.  Can it be any prisoners, or do they have to be the same faction as the whoever gave the quest?  It they have to be the same, that's going to make it VERY difficult.  Have one from Bearhelm, and I haven't seen but(maybe) 2 Beorning prisoners in an enemy party.  Think I had 49 days for the quest when I got it, but Im down to about 12 days now.

swordsman2000TLD said:
MadVader said:
When the next patch?
Nobody knows yet. I would wait a couple of weeks, but GetAssista will probably want to release another one this weekend. Because he can't stand an imperfect TLD out in the public. :smile:

swordsman2000TLD said:
I have a problem.I going Old Fort, I click Change TLD Options,and I click Permanently death for lords and companions.It is off.I changed to on.But lords or companions are can't die.Please help me!!!

Note: Sorry for bad english.

It is still very unlikely for someone to die, you'll see one death every 50 days or something. :wink:

Since every faction only has 4-5 leaders, the game would be broken quick if lords died faster than that!

This post has no point. I simply wanted to thank you, dudes and dudettes, for this awesome mod. Made me install M&B again. I'm greater fan of TLD than I'm of Tolkien; of course I've read my Tolkien and seen the movies etc, but I'd play this mod even if it was about glittering vampires and angsty teen wolves. It is the interesting, dynamic mechanics that truly count. Can't wait for all the bugs to be ironed out.

Guys some weapon costs seem really inconsistent:

Dol Amroth Heavy Sword: wt. 2.3, swing 37, thrust 26, speed 98, range 109, COST 573
Gondor Ranger Sword: wt. 2.0, swing 37, thrust 26, speed 100, range 104, COST 1560

How is that right lol? And it's not location based either I checked.

mymee said:
Guys some weapon costs seem really inconsistent:

Dol Amroth Heavy Sword: wt. 2.3, swing 37, thrust 26, speed 98, range 109, COST 573
Gondor Ranger Sword: wt. 2.0, swing 37, thrust 26, speed 100, range 104, COST 1560

How is that right lol? And it's not location based either I checked.

Many items have many inconsistencies. Being fixed for next versions.

Hi Triglav!

Actually, I always rebalance weapons for myself.  Many of the weapon lengths are incorrect as well, but OpenBRF makes that easy to fix.

A bug was introduced in the patch.  Whenever I give troops to Dale barracks I can't tab out.  I'm going to try to fix that in the txt file by pasting the old one back in, but for now I'll have to talk to each troop to get some cash for him.

Thanks again!  This is awesome!!

Edit: Yes, the problem is the same as mentioned in the post immediately following this one.  I pasted the lines from the old conversations.txt which used to work in 3.0.  I can now tab out of the scene, but I lose all my troops and don't get any money for it.  In 3.01 the option worked in Erebor, but not in Dale or Esgaroth.  I did change the troops equipment with HokieBT's troop editor since Dale scouts have no sidearms, and it breaks my heart to watch them punch at warg riders as they get mauled to death...  I'm not sure what the problem is, but it doesn't ruin the game since I can talk to them individually and get money for sending them home (an important early game technique of raising quick cash for me to upgrade weapons.)

MadVader said:
mymee said:

Huh, I've done that a couple of times, problem-less. I'll keep doing it but I'll quick save before doing so. :razz:

Kohlrabi said:
This:
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2520.0.html
thread might make you a happy gamer.

Excellent! I think that was the same error I got when I tried to ogle Minas Tirith.

edit: I keep forgetting to say I love the intro. I love the pronunciation of Mordor.

I got red script error lines related to VOICE (it was capitalized)  the when I pressed Tab to cheer in battle, my new char is Female Elf.

Arzeal said:
I got red script error lines related to VOICE (it was capitalized)  the when I pressed Tab to cheer in battle, my new char is Female Elf.
Er... that makes little sense. You pressed Tab (which exits battles) to cheer?
Care to explain? Best if you can write down the whole error message (red lines).

MadVader said:
Arzeal said:
Er... that makes little sense. You pressed Tab (which exits battles) to cheer?
Care to explain? Best if you can write down the whole error message (red lines).
Damn, I meant Space to cheer  :eek: Sorry, I'll take screenshot asap

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another Minor Bug:
DuneDain Scouts/Trackers are catergorized as Infantry; after upgrade to Rangers, they act normally again

Back
Top Bottom