• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Really awesome work you guys, I've been waiting for this for years and years but I never lost faith that you would see it through (even if I sometimes got impatient at the lack of updates!). Reinstalling M&B for the first time in a long time, it's time to smash some orcs!

Headmaster said:
I'm quite sure you buy these with influence points from your faction leader.

I'm already rank 9, Hero of Gondor (comes after Champion of Gondor) and the rank 9 influence item is the Horn of Gondor. I'm not sure if there are more ranks and what their items will be, but considering that these items I can get now have far more usefulness than a warhorse, I kinda doubt it.

WARNING:

260ykav.png

You know what would be great? If the source code would be released. The sad thing about mods for Mount&Blade is that very often they take away the thing that allows them to exist: Modifiability.

Or please tell me how to add items to the markets (or my character) in this mod. :smile:

Is it me or humans generally far superior in combat than orcs/uruks? (Guessing orcs/uruks are to specialize in numbers, rather than combat efficiently, which is fine with me)

Also; any plans on patching the dark sky that surrounds Mordor? Seems like somebody took a theatrical on-stage set and put stilts on it t hold it up.

Captain_Octavius said:
You know what would be great? If the source code would be released. The sad thing about mods for Mount&Blade is that very often they take away the thing that allows them to exist: Modifiability.
If TLD was a random collection of minimods, I would have agreed. But it's not. Its features are a result of sometimes long and painful debates with blood spatters on the wall, forging a common vision through the years. (Luckily, I missed a lot of that, joining late.)
I think that releasing the source would result in so many megacheat sub-mods and confusing forks (who remembers Infiniminer?), that would stray from the original purpose and erode the integrity of its vision.

If you have a suggestion, post it in the suggestion thread - and try to make a good case. TLD is going to develop further and there is plenty of room for improvement.

Listen...I've got a bug:
Every time I enter a battle with many troops OR every time i press "Esc" during the battle the game crashes.

SwadianCommander said:
Is it me or humans generally far superior in combat than orcs/uruks? (Guessing orcs/uruks are to specialize in numbers, rather than combat efficiently, which is fine with me)
Yeah, but this pretty much does not work. To be barely effective you need a lot of orcs. I mean A LOT. And while you can recruit more of them than other troops, it still barely works because morale drops really fast. I mean REALLY FAST. A huge penalty from party size makes the ability to keep many orcs somewhat useless.

Also, the inability to rescue prisoners (often high-level for good factions) and add them to your party doesn't help.

Садко said:
SwadianCommander said:
Yeah, but this pretty much does not work. To be barely effective you need a lot of orcs. I mean A LOT. And while you can recruit more of them than other troops, it still barely works because morale drops really fast. I mean REALLY FAST. A huge penalty from party size makes the ability to keep many orcs somewhat useless.

Also, the inability to rescue prisoners (often high-level for good factions) and add them to your party doesn't help.

Yeah I made an orc, and uruk the first few play-throughs. Had trouble really evening gaining foot in the world. Would die plenty of times to the free peoples -- lose resources -- and would have to start all over.

I made a character with Gondor and it seems I'm improving with ease. Something isn't right here. I would advise that evil characters get a boost in combat efficiency. I would even toy with some of the morale factors; maybe give them a slight boost since it takes far more orcs/uruks to fight humans

MadVader said:
If TLD was a random collection of minimods, I would have agreed. But it's not. Its features are a result of sometimes long and painful debates with blood spatters on the wall, forging a common vision through the years. (Luckily, I missed a lot of that, joining late.)
I think that releasing the source would result in so many megacheat sub-mods and confusing forks (who remembers Infiniminer?), that would stray from the original purpose and erode the integrity of its vision.

If you have a suggestion, post it in the suggestion thread - and try to make a good case. TLD is going to develop further and there is plenty of room for improvement.

Well, it's not my project so I don't have anything to say about TLD ofcourse, but I respectfully disagree with that. I'm a Team Leader of the MERP project, and although TES games don't have module systems but modifies the game directly through plugins, even if we could restrict modding of our total conversion we wouldn't do it. Players should be able to tailor the game to their tastes, and if stupid sub-mods get publicized, just don't sanction them and keep them away from the mod's (sub)forums.

My suggestion is simply that there should be a way for the player to get a Dol Amroth Warhorse, and I wish I could quickly fix that myself so I can continue my RP game rather than waiting several weeks for an update that might fix it. I think that's more an oversight than a part of the mod's vision.

Captain_Octavius said:
My suggestion is simply that there should be a way for the player to get a Dol Amroth Warhorse, and I wish I could quickly fix that myself rather than waiting several weeks for an update that might fix it. I think that's more an oversight than a part of the mod's vision.

If it's a bug, report it. (I believe you did) If it's a feature, feel free to complain.

So Isengard sacked West Emnet right before I was about to recruit the Rohirrim companion there.  Does the companion move to a different town or is he dead forever?  Or does the town respawn eventually after being sacked?

hairrorist said:
So Isengard sacked West Emnet right before I was about to recruit the Rohirrim companion there.  Does the companion move to a different town or is he dead forever?  Or does the town respawn eventually after being sacked?
Alas, he's gone with the other defenders.

One last question... for some reason Luevanna from Mirkwood keeps saying "Surrender or die!" and I have no option to recruit her.  Is this because I have a dwarf in my party or is it a bug?  I have good relations and decent rank with Mirkwood and she was even in my party for a bit.  Seems a bit... extreme in any case.

hairrorist said:
One last question... for some reason Luevanna from Mirkwood keeps saying "Surrender or die!" and I have no option to recruit her.  Is this because I have a dwarf in my party or is it a bug?  I have good relations and decent rank with Mirkwood and she was even in my party for a bit.  Seems a bit... extreme in any case.
It appears to be a bug on your end.
I'm a dwarf, got a dwarf in my party and I only got the first rank with Mirkwood and I still got to recruit her.

Again, I've been warned in game about using mixed equipment
would cause odd behaviour to mounts.

Anyone can explain this?  :neutral:

THanks

Back
Top Bottom