Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

"Q:  …isn’t Eriador in the mod?
A:    Because by the time of the War of the Ring it was mostly deserted and nothingimportant for the war happened there."

What about the war between the Dwarves of Thorin's Hall and the Dourhands? Or the invasion of North Downs? Don't get me wrong, I'm not *****ing at all. I just wanted to share those tidbits of Info, maybe it will enhance the whole TLD experience. :smile:

EDIT: I didn't have a CTD after the cut scenes...Most of my CTD's happen during sieges, I get an RGL error.

People often crash at cutscenes because Minas Tirith is there right after Rohan slaughter. And MT as quite a graphics hog. Lower graph settings, or switch cutscenes off temporarily in TLD camp options, or tab out of the rohan cutscene. And make sure pixel shaders are ON.

If crashes are in battles and especially sieges, you need minimize # of corpses and switch ragdolls off.

Finje said:
I still have the windy_flora error.... i tried it per Ironlauncher and i tried it manuel... Have you any idea what i could do now? =( It is going to make me very angry >.<
RTFM :sad: And no, nobody cares if you get angry, sorry.

i did... but it still don't work. i tried it with the manuall copy of files, but i still have this error....

Finje said:
i tried it with the manuall copy of files, but i still have this error....
It means that you tried but failed to manually copy the files correctly. Take all files in TLD/Data and paste them in MB, in MB/CommonRes, and in MB/Data. say YES when the computer asks you if it is ok to overwrite.

Captain Proof said:
What about the war between the Dwarves of Thorin's Hall and the Dourhands? Or the invasion of North Downs?
Lotro **** must stay out of zis tred  :smile:

Ya i really did it and i delete the whole game AND the remaining folders, but after that i got this mtarini_snowy_map bug and in the ManualFAQ he says that the manually copying solves this problem too =/ Don't know whats wrong, but it doesn't work...

somerandomname said:
Also sorry for offtopic, I installed the enhanced M&B and it has no sound. The intro video has sound, the game does not. Win7 x64. Please tell me what can be wrong and what to do. Sound is obviously enabled in the options.

Edit: Oh, I restarted the system and in-game sound appeared.
I experienced the same pattern, with the same version of M&B, on the same type of Windows, using the Iron Launcher...though I only restarted M&B and the sound worked. Other than that all has been well thus far.

Three 100 cheers for you all. Impressive work.

GetAssista said:
Sp00nlord said:
An option to be able to ask any faction party where their commanders are would be helpful.
Faction parties might not know this stuff themselves, logically. We were thinking about how to add credible info gathering, there are some ideas waiting for our free time, yes.

Guess it's the old gameplay vs. realism issue, makes sense that not all parties would know this info, but then again the commanders somehow do. I have all faith you guys will come up with some cool solution eventually though.

Oh god the ents
I was playing as a Moria orc, had about 20 Moria goblins in my party. I skimmed across the very edge of Fangorn Forest while delivering a letter to the Uruk hunting camp. All of a sudden 3 ents. I formed my gobs in a ball and we poked the ents in the feet for about 2 seconds, we would've poked longer, but my gobs and I had the sudden urge to be dead. I then got the dialogue that I woke up stunned and got stuck in an infinite loop of clicking "continue" and receiving the "time passes" message, ahd to alt-F4 exit.
Also I did my usual of thinking I'm invincible and don't need to save the game. I found it quite hilarious afterwards, so the whole experience was worth it.
R.I.P. Nose-Nibbler
Loving the mod guys.

Pagan said:
I'm not sure on the RCM conners, no one is ignoring you but the pages go by so fast it can be missed. Merl is monitoring 3-4 sites from what i can see hehe. The guys have been balancing equipment but it isn't done yet. such things are better left till last, when you good people have tested the buggery out of the game, then we truly know who is over powered and who needs a boost (with equipment and race). But i'm not to knowledgable on such things one of the coders is best to answer this.

Cheers
Pagan
Thanks for that, Pagan.

Might wait till the first patch before I start playing, so some of the major bugs are sorted before I start.

GetAssista, do you want people to look into balance issues as well? Such as, "X Archers seem totally useless against Y troops...."?

Seems I am unable to capture enemy Orc leaders (for a quest, or does the ''orc cannot be captured at all'' rule works for leaders as well?), I don't even see a X managed to escape message.

GetAssista said:
Apart from that, yes, nothing to do except killing enemy, that's what MB is mostly about
Well, whatever I would write, will be panned, but as before, I need to write this :smile:
It's obvious that gameplay in M&B boils down to fighting but such an approach is a bit "bringing down" in the era of WB mods, that have other things than fighting.
This just doesn't make this mod the best on whole scene, but one of the very best on M&B. :razz:

TLD probably has the most impressive models, scenes, visuals, voicework, etc., as well as doing a ton of innovative stuff with the game's code. Can't think of any other mods that had you sneaking around in enemy castles to rescue your pals.

EDIT: Although, I think they did add it to Warband, come to think of it. Still, a mod doing something and a commercial game doing something are quite different matters.

The oath quest aren't working, gets a lot of script error and they don't show up in the quest tracker, got the oathbreaker trait that way :sad:

Sp00nlord said:
GetAssista said:
Sp00nlord said:
An option to be able to ask any faction party where their commanders are would be helpful.
Faction parties might not know this stuff themselves, logically. We were thinking about how to add credible info gathering, there are some ideas waiting for our free time, yes.

Guess it's the old gameplay vs. realism issue, makes sense that not all parties would know this info, but then again the commanders somehow do. I have all faith you guys will come up with some cool solution eventually though.

You could have a specific guard in town that represents the scouting parties: a scout for Rohan; a ranger for Lothlorien; so on. Conversation with the NPC has the option of asking where a specific Lord is and it would give a general location. Rough examples would be:

Question:
"Have you seen X of Rohan?"
"Where walks the men of X of Gondor
"Where does the flag of X stand of late"     

Answer             
"My party passed the horse lord no less then one moon ago. He enters the land of Gondor through paths to Minis Tirith."
"(If too far away) I fear I have not seen the lord, or heard from his men, in the passing days. Of last he marched in the south of Mirkwood."
"(Of another faction) I do not know well of who you speak, but I hear legends of his deeds in the northern lands".
"(Fun with racial tensions) I have not seen him, nor would I expect to, for he is so close to the ground my glance would fall over his head."
"I hear news that the host of X is on the march into the realm of Minus Morgul. With the passage of time his feet should tread upon the soil outside the city by now"

Normal Scouting parties could also have this, although you could limit it to the surrounding area of the unit and nearby towns. The idea would be that if you were looking for someone you would have to follow the general areas that people last saw him in until you find a parties close enough to give you a specific location. For both Scout parties and the town guard there could also be a general, "What is happening in these lands" request which lists the movement of generals and enemies in the surrounding area and towns.
Example:
"There are war parties moving to the east. Tread lightly in the south the scouts of the enemy. The horn of the hosts of X have been heard within hearing of Osgliath...."

Loving the mod.  However, I get the odd .rgl error when entering a battle.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm just wishing the Lords would actually do something. I am kinda hamstrung seeing that I can't siege towns and I have to depend on the AI to attack. The only 3 Strongholds that remain is the Rhun camp, Gundabad, and Dol Guldur. And the realms in the south are being raped by Isengard and Mordor and remain unmatched.

Loving the mod so far! :grin: Just one quick question. Is there a way to disable the swaying trees and plants? It looks great and everything but when ever I am fighting in a heavily forested area I tend to lag allot :neutral:

I keep on getting a CTD whenever I fight in large battles with Enhanced.... and I mean 219 NPCs which isnt a lot. Should this be happening? It says it's a Vertex Buffer error or something.

Back
Top Bottom