• Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sp00nlord said:
Got my dwarf his first trait, woo.
Bravery, increases morale every week. Yay.

That was my first trait too... Hilariously, I got it after a battle where 150 of my mighty Gondorian warriors mercillessly slaughtered around 6 orcs... Brave indeed.

Do you have to verify EVERY SINGLE post in the MXB forum? -____-
For some reason it is making me verify every post, captcha - and a few silly questions.
I registered and told it to keep me logged in forever.
It wouldn't be so bad if I could read that captcha easily lol, I mess up on it 2-3 times every post before it accepts.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
About the sieges...for the next version...I will tell you same I told Shimmler for the ASoIaF stimulation of the Siege of King's Landing:
In standard Mount and Blade,you can pass 3 phases of siege:Walls,Streets and Keep Interior.This was deleted in Warband.
You can use this old system to make unique,multi-phased sieges.For example,let's take Minas Tirith:
Level 1(Catapults or Ram)
Level 2(Ram)
Level 3(Ram)
Level 4(Ram)
Level 5(Ram)
Level 6(Ram)
Level 7(Fountain:Ram)
Citadel(Interior:Ram)
Every level has an unique garrison.Level 1,2,3,4,5,6, have x swordsmen and x archers each.Level 1 is also protected by lord's troops like normal siege.
Level 7 has x fountain guards and y best archers.The defense is led by Beregond,which is a npc appearing only in lv7 siege.
Citadel is protected by citadel guards and citadel knights and best archers.

Makes no sense, Minas Trith has 3 Floors with top where the Tree is. Also, i hardly believe that gate can be crushed with a Ram. (Talking through movie)

By the way, a meaningless contribution. :smile:

di-VT8U.png

Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
About the sieges...for the next version...I will tell you same I told Shimmler for the ASoIaF stimulation of the Siege of King's Landing:
In standard Mount and Blade,you can pass 3 phases of siege:Walls,Streets and Keep Interior.This was deleted in Warband.
You can use this old system to make unique,multi-phased sieges.For example,let's take Minas Tirith:
Level 2(Ram)
Level 3(Ram)
Level 4(Ram)
Level 5(Ram)
Level 6(Ram)
Every level has an unique garrison.Level 1,2,3,4,5,6, have x swordsmen and x archers each.Level 1 is also protected by lord's troops like normal siege.
Level 7 has x fountain guards and y best archers.The defense is led by Beregond,which is a npc appearing only in lv7 siege.

Makes no sense, Minas Trith has 3 Floors with top where the Tree is. Also, i hardly believe that gate can be crushed with a Ram. (Talking through movie)

di-VT8U.png

Fixed that for ya!

Edit: Apparently you fixed it yourself too...

Elfy said:
Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
Level 2(Ram)
Level 3(Ram)
Level 4(Ram)
Level 5(Ram)
Level 6(Ram)

di-VT8U.png

Fixed that for ya!

Edit: Apparently you fixed it yourself too...

Yeah, put the wrong link. Thanks anyways... :smile:

Timohept said:
Do you have to verify EVERY SINGLE post in the MXB forum? -____-
If you are a newbie there, they'll ask you do this for a couple days AFAIR

HTAPAWASO said:
That was my first trait too... Hilariously, I got it after a battle where 150 of my mighty Gondorian warriors mercillessly slaughtered around 6 orcs... Brave indeed.
Some trait achieving conditions are not balanced yet, cause we rushed them into the game.

Rams said:
Any way to reach the barracks on foot, meaning not through the quickmenu in Minas Tirith?
Not yet. But planned to be added in future patches

I get the RGL error A LOT during sieges, it is almost unplayable... Why does it spawn ~250 enemies in the beginning of sieges when I have set the maximum to be 100 in options? No, I don't use battle sizer and I do have the supposedly "enhanced" version of M&B.

MY OS is Windows 7 x64, and my PC specs are the following: Q9550 Quad-Core @3,61GHz, 4GB of RAM, ATI HD 4870X2 (2GB video card memory)

Metallistic said:
I get the RGL error A LOT during sieges, it is almost unplayable... Why does it spawn ~250 enemies in the beginning of sieges when I have set the maximum to be 100 in options? No, I don't use battle sizer and I do have the supposedly "enhanced" version of M&B.

MY OS is Windows 7 x64, and my PC specs are the following: Q9550 Quad-Core @3,61GHz, 4GB of RAM, ATI HD 4870X2 (2GB video card memory)

it could be a win7 issue, that's exactly what I'm getting. Try lowering some specs and see if that helps. Sieges might have to be tuned for better performance. :sad:

Metallistic, for sieges lowering coprses and ragdolls always did prevent crashes. Exactly corpses and dolls, not other options, don't know why.

I have xp and it crashes all the time... Every second scene I enter causes the game to crash, this is my sixth attempt and I haven`t gotten as far asstarting my first battle yet...

Whoops... Well, in harad we start battles by sittin` on our asses for a while, before charging in with the few men who have lived through sitting and being slaughtered...

Merlkir said:
Metallistic said:

it could be a win7 issue, that's exactly what I'm getting. Try lowering some specs and see if that helps. Sieges might have to be tuned for better performance. :sad:
Funny, I lowered the texture setting by 20% and it improved remarkably. But still, any other tweaks that can improve this issue? Is this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,72532.0.html fix compatible with TLD?  :???:

Herssir said:
Does Win XP tend to crash much less? If yes, I'll install it. Again

I'm running WinXP and haven't had a single crash insofar. Didn't fiddle with the settings or anything either, everything is as-is. There was a bug once with stuff disappearing and the ground turned to sky but it never caused a crash or anything.

For anyone having trouble finding a troll for Saruman, I did eventually see a troll spawn as a blue army a bit south of the Misty Mountains. This was after I gave up that quest and started new ones though. At least you guys know that it is NOT an event encounter like the ents, and you do not need to waste your time walking all over the mountains for days. The troll will spawn on the map, eventually.

IT'S AMAZING! Well done to everyone who worked on this, it's thoroughly lived up to my expectations. Thank you!

In other news, I seem to be getting the native sound track - it's a bit weird hearing the same old music I've heard through hours of native - is this a bug or is there just no music for the mod?

There's some music in there that's unique but I'm pretty sure someone said it's old stuff only and that a big music overhaul will be coming eventually.

What new music there is in the game is great though, you'll notice it eventually.

somerandomname said:
Metallistic, for sieges lowering coprses and ragdolls always did prevent crashes. Exactly corpses and dolls, not other options, don't know why.
Ragdolls are a major source of instability on weaker machines, yes. And corpses accumulate, but in sieges you have dozens of them right near you, thus LODs don't fire up -> there is a huge pile of triangles sitting on screen -> less stability and more vertex buffer overfow errors.
If you open post-crash report and see Newton.dll there, it means ragdoll engine ****ed up yet again. Unfortunately M&B has old version of Newton and there is no way to update it to current state
freakin wat said:
In other news, I seem to be getting the native sound track - it's a bit weird hearing the same old music I've heard through hours of native - is this a bug or is there just no music for the mod?
Does native music play in starting menu? If yes, reinstall.
Some vanilla tracks are still there ingame, but new ones are being composed as we speak :smile:

Back
Top Bottom