• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The thing that I like about the mod is that the lords/commanders kicked major ass. It was seriously great, just following an Uruk Commander while he slaughters Rohirric men.

Have you guys thought about what you're gonna do after this is finished?  Just curious.  I'm not talking about future projects, I'm talking about if/when it's ever done, all that free time you'll have.  :razz: 

Sinistar said:
The thing that I like about the mod is that the lords/commanders kicked major ass. It was seriously great, just following an Uruk Commander while he slaughters Rohirric men.

Didn't stop me from treating them as though they were precious little crystal eggs.

253665_221933701164365_100000432109722_841506_3235483_n.jpg

Fact!

Crazy-Q said:
Have you guys thought about what you're gonna do after this is finished?  Just curious.  I'm not talking about future projects, I'm talking about if/when it's ever done, all that free time you'll have.  :razz:

I guess most of the team would continue working on minor releases adding features that were too ambitious for the first release. Because they love tinkering with the mod and get excited by almost unrealistic, yet possible features that would add depth and immersion.
Unless they get turned off by massive trolling and abuse on the forums, and get on with their lives. :smile:

I think he meant "What would such professional team do next?". TLD is one of the promising mods with very skilled and, no offens, elitist team. I mean except coders, modellers and texturers you have artists and composers. This kind of proffesional team should could do more professional and masterpiece stuff in the future.

One side of M&B is that it has a great amount of great mods, but not a great gameplay and grapghic features. The other side of WB is directly opposit.

Yeah, I know MadVader is sick of PoP development, porting PoP to WB; Merlkir has enough stuff to draw for books and RPG games; Dain Ironfoot, Llew and Faradon have their own mods, but this talents could combine something like Sich studio and create something unique, a big improvement of Native and all features brought with WB. May be even commercial project, which is a lot better then Sich studio work.

trueten said:
I think he meant "What would such professional team do next?". TLD is one of the promising mods with very skilled and, no offens, elitist team. I mean except coders, modellers and texturers you have artists and composers. This kind of proffesional team should could do more professional and masterpiece stuff in the future.

One side of M&B is that it has a great amount of great mods, but not a great gameplay and grapghic features. The other side of WB is directly opposit.

Yeah, I know MadVader is sick of PoP development, porting PoP to WB; Merlkir has enough stuff to draw for books and RPG games; Dain Ironfoot, Llew and Faradon have their own mods, but this talents could combine something like Sich studio and create something unique, a big improvement of Native and all features brought with WB. May be even commercial project, which is a lot better then Sich studio work.

1-) Didn't MadVader already give his position to Treebard, eh?
2-) No offense but "Could do more professional stuff", hmm. They got a tons of artwork, and evolution features for 808 version. If i misunderstood you, this must be happened due to my overlove to this project in defending it from any kind of negative comment. But, more professional works would require a better engine in case of TLD since a normal mesh can't reach 600 poly around(?).

Besides of that, if this project could ever be ported to Warband, taking the license would surely require a permission from Tolkien himself. :O
(Ironic, isn't it?)

Edit: I feel like an ass. :3

Unless you find a way to make money out of this, it's very hard to keep a top team together. Many of the old members moved on, but their work is still part of the mod, and they are following the mod's progress.

In an ideal world, we would sign a TW/Paradox deal similar to the one for WFaS, using non-licensed material (not LoTR-related, i.e. inventing a fantasy world or adapting Norse myths) - we can't even make a TLD board on the TW forums because of Tolkien. Given the experience and skills of the TLD team, it's bound to be a success. Is this possible? I don't know, we haven't tried.

P.S. Treebeard took over the PoP code a year ago, we were lucky to get him then - I was working only on TLD this year. He did contribute to TLD too, with his battle AI and dialogs for a quest involving his namesake.

MadVader said:
P.S. Treebeard took over the PoP code a year ago, we were lucky to get him then - I was working only on TLD this year. He did contribute to TLD too, with his battle AI and dialogs for a quest involving his namesake.
I supposed that he did smth for TLD, because of his nick :smile:

Back
Top Bottom